Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 16:40
Finding Balance

Plan: Atkins/PP Maint, IF24/24
Stats: 162/123/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:~50%/23.9%/20%
Progress: 93%

Thanks everyone for the prayers and support. I'm sure that they are just being thorough, and it will turn out to be benign. So far I think I am keeping the stress level down.

I get the same way with alcohol. Makes me a cheap date .

Potassium keeps you from becoming dehydrated, so it's actually good to take before drinking. Hangovers are at least partially because of dehydration. My boyfriend also takes them when he doesn't want to pee a lot (long movies, long trips, that sort of thing).
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 19:10

Plan: induction
Stats: 203/202/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Well, although I stuck w/ Atkins allowable foods... I read the "favorite induction food" thread last week, and I think I tried everyone of them ...So no loss this week.
I am stuck on the baked zucchini chip thingies YUMMY!!

Treefrog- Though I didn't think you looked bad in your before pictures, You look wonderful in your after and younger...GOOD GOING!!!!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 20:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/142/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:37%/24%/22%
Progress: 69%

Quite possibly the worst week of the year so far.

Lost my job due to layoffs on Monday. Waited anxiously for payday Thursday to find out my ex-husband did not pay the copays for the insurance and I had my wages garnished since I am the policy holder. I made a whole $345 this pay period and can't make the house or car payments for the month
Electric is due to be shutoff the 21st and the phone the 23rd ....

I am in a bad cycle right now with depression sinking in faster than I can catch it.

It can't last too long I hope
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 20:54
Living LC 4 Life

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 190/133.2/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Less Than B4 LC
Progress: 142%

Supermomm - that is terrible! I assume you did not anticipate the lay-off? I just hate to read about this and hope that it all comes together for you very soon!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 21:37

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
I think it does have something to do with it. I am the very same way - one glass of wine and I am DONE!

Maybe the carbs we used to eat soaked up the alcohol?

Oh yeah, it is the LC diet that makes us lightweights....something with the ketonic diet -- the alcohol is absorbed much more quickly in the liver making you drunk faster on a lesser amount.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 21:39
Living LC 4 Life

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 190/133.2/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Less Than B4 LC
Progress: 142%

Quote:
Oh yeah, it is the LC diet that makes us lightweights....something with the ketonic diet -- the alcohol is absorbed much more quickly in the liver making you drunk faster on a lesser amount.
I did NOT know that, Lori! Thanks for the info - very interesting. I agree with Cathy - I'm a cheap date for DH nowadays!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 05:26

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

(((((((((Supermom))))))) may you have a breakthrough this week..
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 05:33

BF:

I love that the maintenance forum is active!
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 09:26
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

((((((((Supermom))))))))

What a terrible week, I hope things start looking up soon.

I love that the maintenance forum is active too! I think it's a great resource and I was worried that the clash in the other thread send everyone scattering, but it looks like it's going to be okay!

Val
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 09:56
Finding Balance

Supermomm, I hope things look up for you this week.

I am also very happy that the maintenance forum is active. Not only to help those of us in maintenance, but also others for who aren't there yet. I'm sure it's got to be good to see lots of people who have made it, and also to get an idea of what it's like and what kinds of issues they might expect. It helps to show that this isn't a diet, and we've all gone back to our old way of eating, but truly a WOL.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-06, 07:01

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%

Supermom

Hopefully things will get better for you. I too am a single mom and will be let go in 8-12 months. My company is closing. Usually when one door closes another one opens. Things usually will get worse before they get better but I am thinking about you and hope that things will start looking better soon.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-06, 07:29

BF:

OK...I had hoped for resolution to our decisions...one is made for sure...the other still in process......this major life change business is disconcerting....
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-06, 08:57

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslieam
I did NOT know that, Lori! Thanks for the info - very interesting. I agree with Cathy - I'm a cheap date for DH nowadays!

This one was covered in my LC book (PPLP)...warned to drink alcohol slowly, as it would hit you harder. Didn't realize that meant I would get smashed off of one rum/diet coke tho, LOLOL. Kind of scares me away from drinking too....the effects are so strong and so fast, and the way I feel the next day just doesn't seem like that is good for the body.

Supermom: Very sorry to hear of your lay off, I hope you are able to get another job very quickly!

Jonah: I am also glad to see our maintenance area very active....its actually refreshing to see us branch into various threads!
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-06, 13:07
Finding Balance

I had the biopsy yesterday, and aside from being a little sore today, I am doing alright. I should get the results tomorrow or Monday. If I don't hear from them by Tuesday I am supposed to call.

I am feeling much relieved, now that it is done, even though I still don't know the results. I think I was more worried about the procedure itself, the possible pain, than I was about the results. How crazy is that?
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-06, 15:21
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Cathy- thanks for telling us- I'm praying for you!

Supermomm- how are you doing? We are thinking about you, too

I am having a good week. Working too much (LOL!), but that is my choice. I have been on the computer everynight trying to get a vacation for our family. I DID IT! I got 5 airline tickets with points!!! They are on 2 different airlines- but the same flights!!! I had found a vacation that was sooo expensive and I had talked to my sister about it and her response was "so what...it's just money." So I thought about that and decided that she could take the vacation! So I found a house to rent by owner and got free tickets- yay.
Also DS got a job. It is p/t and filing type work, but it's a summer job. He decided to take the bus, and that is working ut really well. I am proud of him for doing this.
Friends have a house on a lake, and we are going there for the day on Saturday. She always has lots of junk and very little for me to eat, and never lets me bring anything, but this year I'm bringing a big salad for lunch and leaving before dinner. It takes me a while to get it, but I got it.
How about you? How is your week?