Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-06, 13:52
Losing It!!!

Plan: 6/26 switch to M&E
Stats: 223/192/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:ha/ha/ha
Progress: 42%

The lake is stocked. The fishing is very good. Also good skiing as we have a slalom course in place. It is small, but plenty big for us.

I love Mc. We used to stay at North Shore Lodge when the kids were small and camp at Martin's bay. Lots more sand now from what I hear. It always bugs me that there are more coloradoans there than nebraskans. Of courrse it is much closer to them. We need a big lake in eastren or mid ne...
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-06, 16:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Yes, a big lake in eastern NE would be great! But wait, wasn't that being discussed & they were literally going to flood Ashland to do it Seems like that was in the news a year or 2 ago.
Anyway, I'm a water lover too, swim, fish, boat, whatever; as long as it's wet! So that's what I'm doing for 4th of July. Going to visit DD and she & I and year old grandbaby will head to the pool!!
Okay - earlier, I nearly came running in here screaming HELP! SOS! An employee brought kolaces (sp) with apricot filling to work for us for break today! With GREAT difficulty I made it thru the day without having any. Very tempted to cut one in half, for "just a taste" but I knew, I have a history of eating the rest also; and then maybe another one. BUT, on Monday this same employee is bringing home made cinnamon rolls (His kids are in 4-H & practicing for fair. They do this every year & the kids are good cooks.) And my biggest carb temptation is home made breads, rolls, etc. (even more so than chocolate). BUT I'm in the Summer Slimdown Challenge & if I'm going to make my goal, I can't be cheating.
Have a great, fun, safe, LC 4th everyone!!!
Cats
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 07:14

Plan: Paleo-ish
Stats: 307/287/250 Male 6'5"
BF:too much
Progress: 35%

Well I did pretty good yesterday....had a birthday party at my folks' farm for my 2 grandmas (one's 95, the other's 93). My dad even bought some Mich Ultra (just for me). Anyway, mom had the usually mashed potatoes and sweet corn veggies. But I didn't touch them (well, ok, I did the mashing). But, she made chicken parmesan and some roasted pork loin. The other veggie was fresh slicers (cucumbers) - I ate only those, and chicken and pork!!!!
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 07:16

Oh, I forgot to mention, I brought along a pan of low-carb brownies and 0 carb canned whipped cream for desert - I had some of that too, but only one helping!!

As of today, I'm down 6 pounds from last Wed. (259). I'll update my stats when I get below the 257 that's there now.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 07:31

Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %
Progress: 81%

Ugh.......I should have taken the day off! But, it's not too bad here, as a LOT of people are gone.

Saturday PM I was a bad girl.....had a taco salad in a bowl that you could eat (which I did eat), plus I had about 1/2 a bag of Tostitos !! Even worse was that I didn't exercise at all yesterday.........(I think I was more bloated from all the sodium I consumed than anything else.) But, today back to normal, so hopefully when I step on the scale on Saturday I'll be like nothing happened...........IF I EXERCISE !!!

That has become my mantra....EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE !
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 09:09

Hang in there chic.....exercise has been my bane.....good news about it being so hot and humid, I sweat without having to do much of anything while I'm outside.... :-)
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 09:10

We have a food day today, I brought the leftover low-carb brownies, come down and get some if ya want.
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 10:05

Does anyone else know they are low carb?
Is it a box recipe or did you make them from scratch?
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 10:55

Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Chic - what kind of exercise routine do you do? I was trying to start walking, that was going good early last week when it was cool, but when we got in the high 90's it was too hot to be outside for me.
Joining the Summer Slimdown challenge did help me get thru Fri when someone brought apricot (my fav.) kolaches to work. I know it was telling myself that if I don't lose my 2 lbs per week I won't meet my goal, and if I had eaten 1 of those (it would have turned into more than 1) & I wouldn't have lost my lbs. for the week.
Congrat.s PV19 - sounds like you're doing the right things.

Which health food store in Lnc do you guys recommend? I've only gone to the one near East Park. Was going to go to one down south one day, but it was closed. I need to pick up a few things while in town tomorrow - Wed.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Cats
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 11:04

Cats, I'm sorry I can't help you that much, but I don't go to health food stores....Most of the lc foods I buy, I get online.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 11:05

Although, I did get the lc whipped cream (real whipped cream with Splenda) at Walmart.
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 12:29

Cats: The only one that really carries any LC products on a consistent basis is Akins, which is the one you go to. If you want I can call for you and let you know if they are going to be open tommorow.

Regarding my exercise. Every other day I run on the treadmill for 20 minutes then I do step aerobics for about 45-50 minutes. On the days I don't do my extended aerobic sessions I do the treadmill for 20 minutes then do a short (15-30 minute) step routine then lift wts for my upper body for about 20 minutes. Since it has become nice, on the weekends I walk in the mornings for about 4.5 miles or about an hour which ever comes first. I like to walk because it gives my knees a break from doing all that step.

PitViper just brought me down some of his brownies with whipped cream on them !! (I told you we work in the same building....) This was the first time I've ever seen him and let me tell you he really is tall, dark and handsome.........plus I didn't think he needed to lose weight....he is tall enough that I can't see where he needs to lose !
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 12:47

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerchic
and let me tell you he really is tall, dark and handsome.........plus I didn't think he needed to lose weight....he is tall enough that I can't see where he needs to lose

for embarrassing me!!!
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 13:11

Not a problem........anytime!

Cats: Akin's is open tomorrow from 9 AM to 7 PM.
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 14:17

Have a Happy, safe, low-carb 4th everyone!!!!
Closed Thread