Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-06, 11:17

Plan: CALP
Stats: 16/14/10 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hello, everyone! It's good to have my computer up and running! I've missed everyone- hope you're all doing well, and welcome to the new ones!

I have personally found that just coffe with half and half in the mornings does it for me. I don't think about food until lunch- then I have a large, safe, clean CM. I usually drink two cups (of coffee), and if I'm hungry after that, I'll make an egg or eat some cheese. I've never been a big breakfast eater (except the donuts and pancakes , and this has trained my body to not have eating on my mind first thing.
When I started CALP, I didn't make one egg for breakfast- I had stuffed mushrooms or grilled chicken. Breakfast doesn't have to be a particular way. The Hellers talk about eating the safe leftovers from the night before-
Good luck!
Edy
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-06, 05:07

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bero48
Jill) appreciate the help with the protein shake question. What do you eat for breakfast? Since I have started CAD I have been eating eggs I do worry about eating to many. Do you have any other suggestions, the other meals are no problem just breakfast. Thanks Doris

Hi Doris

I don't really like eggs so they are not something I eat consistently. I will occasionally have a scrambled or deviled egg. For breakfast- I have anything I could have for lunch, most of the time I choose a protein & cheese since I don't really want veggies first thing in the morning. Some things I eat are: roast beef, cheeseburger (no bun), beef slices & cream cheese, cottage cheese, sausage & salami. I make sure that there is no MSG in my prepackaged meats. I have a really bad (craving) experience if I do. So I do try to avoid MSG if its on the label I don't buy it not for my CMs.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, May-02-06, 11:39

Plan: IR
Stats: 220/217/175 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi everyone, I really appreciate the info Jill I will try some of your ideas. I am doing really well with the CAD I have lost a total of 20 lbs. I started CAD February 28th so I dont think that is to bad. I have lost weight on other programs (matter of fact lots of them) but this is the first time I don't have all those food cravings it is wonderful. I was wondering about what happens when you reach goal I have 15 more lbs and I will be there. What happens then do you just add more carbs to your reward meal and no carbs any other time or just what?? Well everyone have a great eating day on CAD/CALP

Doris
  #19   ^
Old Tue, May-02-06, 14:58
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Doris-
there are a couple of ways to stop losing. One is to just add more carbs to your RM, another is to add a snack (just CM foods). I do both- I didn't have a goal weight but didinot want to lose anymore. I have more carbs at RM, and have a small snack too. Most important- don't go off plan. This is a WOL!
Go to the maintenance threads and see what we do-
E
  #20   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 09:58

Plan: IR
Stats: 220/217/175 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi Doris-
there are a couple of ways to stop losing. One is to just add more carbs to your RM, another is to add a snack (just CM foods). I do both- I didn't have a goal weight but didinot want to lose anymore. I have more carbs at RM, and have a small snack too. Most important- don't go off plan. This is a WOL!
Go to the maintenance threads and see what we do-
E

Thanks for the info another question how do I go to the maintenance threads I am new and don't know my way around. Also you said I could add a snack I wanted to ask you right now I usually have some cucumber around 11:00 while I am at work does this effect my weight loss??? I really thanks you for the help.

Doris