Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 15:51

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleoDeano
Exercise. But, you probably do this.

yes, yes, I do. but I could increase it even further.
good idea. thanks Dean
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 15:56
Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitydkn
thanks Deano..I am thinking it may be a ear or sinus infection because my ears have started to hurt...we will see
Unity,

Your immune system becomes temporarily overreactive when cutting out carbs (which always suppress your immune system). This is very normal. I've had the same type of issues. It will pass.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 16:07
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 336/297/140 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanis
I've experimented with different cuts of beef lately, and I have to say I keep falling back to sirloin, prime rib and striploins. They had eye of round on sale for 1.99/lb recently, so I picked up some of that, tried a steak cut from it, but it was still rather tough to eat (even cooked just seared on the outside). I'm saving what I have left to make more jerky.

I've been experimenting too, just because I can't afford rib eye and NYs everday, and I eat a lot of meat. Personal note: never buy anything labeled "blade". That stuff is tough and nasty, even raw. I don't mind boneless short ribs. It's a little tough but still edible. Outside of that I try to buy whatever is on sales or buy roasts and cut off slices for steaks. Buying close out meats early in the morning is another thing I like to do.

I live on the SF peninsula so the prices here are probably much higher than elsewhere.

Last edited by Rob21370 : Tue, Apr-11-06 at 17:16. Reason: spelling
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 17:04

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleoDeano
Unity,

Your immune system becomes temporarily overreactive when cutting out carbs (which always suppress your immune system). This is very normal. I've had the same type of issues. It will pass.

as long as it passes this month..I have to drive with my 3 boys to disneyland early next month and they will be anough of a headache...

Last edited by unitydkn : Tue, Apr-11-06 at 17:54.
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 18:21

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Count me in! Thanks, Dean, for leaving the breadcrums ... er, I mean fat drippings ... so I could find the way over!

Wicked busy week this week. (Hey, I'm a Mainer and I can use that term!)

Geez, every day that goes by will be another 10 pages I have to pore through. Won't be able to post (or read, for that matter) for a couple days, and maybe not until the weekend.

Don't forget about me! I'll be back ASAP!

#81   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 18:56
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Don't forget about me! I'll be back ASAP!

We couldn't forget about you, Bawdy! Just bring some of those lobsters next time, and we'll forgive ya for being absent so long!
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 19:41

Plan: Primal/Paleo
Stats: 255/241/145 Female 5 feet 9 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I've had ear and sinus stuff going on too, hmm interesting. How long does it normally last? I mean, I tend to have mild sinus irritations fairly easily. But over the last few weeks since starting into this I've noticed an increase in sinus pressure and my ears pop when I move certain ways.
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 19:44
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird
I've had ear and sinus stuff going on too, hmm interesting. How long does it normally last? I mean, I tend to have mild sinus irritations fairly easily. But over the last few weeks since starting into this I've noticed an increase in sinus pressure and my ears pop when I move certain ways.
It will pass... BTDT.

Last edited by PaleoDeano : Wed, Apr-12-06 at 00:27.
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 22:52

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

i caved and had an atkins protein bar tonight..after all day of eating carnivorous! sigh!!! Why am i the ONLY one that keeps falling here? Or are you guys just not telling about your slip ups? People always tell me i am an open book..i share everything...I guess since my hubby and teenage son are both on atkins and they eat veggies with dinner and they woof down atkins protein bars and shakes an low carb candies and LC yogurt and LC ice cream bars, and nuts all the time..i always feel left out...sigh..i wish i could talk them into going all meat/dairy with me!!
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 23:02

Plan: General LC
Stats: 240/235/155 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hey Karen,
I post on here, but I generally cycle between Induction and super low carb. Today, for example, I ate a cup of spinach with my omelette in the morning. (Don't stone me!!)
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 23:04
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteaks
I ate a cup of spinach with my omelette in the morning. (Don't stone me!!)
But... "Everybody must get stoned"!

Last edited by PaleoDeano : Tue, Apr-11-06 at 23:35.
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 23:24

Plan: General LC
Stats: 240/235/155 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 6%

haha Dean.

"Roll Another Joint"...my favorite leafy green matter!

By the way dudes, Bear just posted over in the war thread. He ain't happy with some of you.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 00:06

Plan: Lower Carb
Stats: 271.7/219.7/219 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Hi all,

I've been following Bear's thread since its inception, and I've been trying the carnivore way of eating for about 10 days now. This is an awesome way to eat! I've lost 15 lbs. within these 10 days! Plus I feel amazing.

I had the headache thing early on, Unity. I think it's mainly just your body adjusting to the change in diet.

Is anyone else having trouble eating enough? I find my meals so rich and satisfying that I only need miniscule portions. I'm not complaining. This is one of the first times in my life where food has been of almost no interest. I forget to eat. I have so much more time to do things now that I'm not constantly obsessing about food. This is a good thing, but some days I'm barely eating anything at all. I get a hunger pain here or there, but no appetite. Any suggestions?

I had a salad a few nights ago. I wanted to see what would happen. Nothing happened. No problems, except for the fact that I realized that salad isn't as tasty as I had thought. My roast and ribs tasted sooo good today!

Hope everyone's doing well.

~Alisa
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 00:10

Plan: Primal/Paleo
Stats: 255/241/145 Female 5 feet 9 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Karen, the first 2 weeks of trying this I had chocolate a few times. Then just before I decided to be very strict, my DH brought home fast food chicken sandwhich, and fries, and I ate it, thinking I might as well eat it now since the next 30 days I want to be very strict to experience the keto-adaptation.

So I'm 3 days in to being very strict. I'm not hungry at all. If DH brought home a chicken sandwhich today, I'd tell him to pack it for his work lunch. Chocolate still sounds nice but I want to give this a chance.

I just ordered a nice variety of grass-fed meats, which should arrive in 1 or 2 days - beef tongue, various roasts, some steak, sweetbreads, hot dogs for DH and DS, sausage, lamb heart and kidney. Can't wait to try the stuff I've never had before, the tongue..the lamb heart and kidney.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 00:38

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

jaybird,
Did you order the meat online? if so can you give the link to the website? thanks!
Closed Thread