Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 13:32

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitydkn
good morning meatE people.....
well I have been M/E for 2 1/2 weeks and the whole time I have had a pounding headache...I am not prone to headaches so it is a consern...I thought it was from the drop is salt so I increesed that and the dizzyness has gone but not the headache has not... this diet should not cause this, so I was woundering if anyone else has one?...Thank you all, Unity

nope, havent had a headache at all since eating meat/dairy!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 13:56
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 336/297/140 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandLsMom
nope, havent had a headache at all since eating meat/dairy!

I haven't noticed any headaches either really. The only headaches I get are when I have to deal with my idiot boss.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 13:59
Registered Member

Plan: M&E Maintenance <5carbs
Stats: 170/109.5/115 Female 5'1"-5'2" w/ shoes
BF:31.1%/21.3%/19%
Progress: 110%

No headaches at all here and I used to get them at least 3-4 days a week. No real dairy here though...
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 14:08
Terranova

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
YES! that is my BIGGEST CONCERN! i already screwed up when eating at my MIL's! The way people bread meat and add sauces and gravies nowadays, theres NO guarantee that you will find anything at all that you can eat while out somewhere else!! My MIL's dinner consisted of BREADED chicken breasts, cauliflour, corn and salad.....not ONE thing on the menu that is on this carnivorous WOE....but a few things that are on ATKINS INDUCTION! SOOOO....if i was to to follow 100%..i would have had to sit there and drink water and watch everyone eat even though i was hungry! What to do ??

Sneak food. Seriously. LOL Eat a bunch of protein before you go so you aren't hungry. Or, if you are going to be there for hours before a meal, literally sneak food in your car like a bag lunch. Pork rinds, cheese, precooked chicken breasts, beef--whatever- in a cooler if you must. Being hungry and not having a handful of meat nearby is a very dangerous position. I've got some recipes on my website for homemade beef jerky, too. Bear would prolly rather you omitted the salt, but a little is necessary for safe preservation. Jerky's much better than potato chips in a pinch, tho. I find lean london broils sliced against the grain make the best Jerky.

How To Make Jerky

I am going to be adding a whole carnivore section on to it this month, along with some new Beary good recipes.

ALOHA!

Be MyFriend?
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 14:13
Registered Member

I spent a week away visiting family and friends. I just stuck to my guns. Did not make a big deal over food and ate meat We are going to see my veggie pushing parents this weekend for Easter and again I will just put meat on my plate. You just have to do it and if anyone gives ya flack tell them when you die they can say I told ya so but until then please be respectful and so will you My DH luckily supports me as he has seen the results and sees how much better I feel. It tells me to eat for me and not let others beliefs dictate a decision I would later regret.

Last edited by MissSherry : Tue, Apr-11-06 at 15:47.
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 14:37
Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%

Quote:
So it seems like you have to follow this ALL THE WAY for it to work.
Karen,

It's not so hard, if you quit thinking about non-animal food (I mean non-food )... and start thinking about how to eat real food (animal food). Think about all the dishes and all the different ways to get animal food into your diet... jerky and cheese, deviled eggs, or what have you. STOP reminiscing the past "foods" you once ate! Eventually you will wonder why anyone would eat that stuff!

Here... check out this thread... and please contribute. Thanks!
Quote:
So who here is going to try to make this their lifestyle?
Already have!
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 14:41
Registered Member

Quote:
So who here is going to try to make this their lifestyle?

Ditto Dean. I already have.
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 15:06
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbij
Maybe I should just put some veggies on my plate and not eat them. This is very hard for me to do because I have a frugal streak.
This is a good suggestion... just put very few on your plate, and it will appear that you "ate most of them".

Last edited by PaleoDeano : Tue, Apr-11-06 at 15:32.
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 15:15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willeke
So, I believe that switching from one to the other is not a good thing, but I'm sure there are people for whom this is no problem, but then they have a different metabolism than I have - ymmv is a true word (your mileage may vary - everybody needs to find their own individual way of eating that keeps them healthy and energetic)
Willeke,

I think some people's metabolism is more damaged than others. For me, it is about stopping as much destructive ways of living that I can. I have already spent enough time doing damage to my body. I think I will focus on music and people instead of food. Food has it's place, but does not need to be "everything" as it becomes for some. Free your mind... your body will follow. For me, I have never felt as good as this, so why would I want to eat any other way?
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 15:19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauve
One thing though; my weight loss is very slow, it is so frustrating. I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and I take dessicated thyroid to help regulate it. Bear has mentioned that it is the extra weight that suppresses the thyroid and that medication is not the solution, weight loss is. Yeah, but hypothyroidism makes weight loss nearly impossible, there is the dilemma! What to do, what to do???
Any suggestion, anyone?
Exercise. But, you probably do this.
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 15:23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitydkn
good morning meatE people.....
well I have been M/E for 2 1/2 weeks and the whole time I have had a pounding headache...I am not prone to headaches so it is a consern...I thought it was from the drop is salt so I increesed that and the dizzyness has gone but not the headache has not... this diet should not cause this, so I was woundering if anyone else has one?...Thank you all, Unity
Unity,

I had similar bouts of this... but, they passed. It may just be the adaptation your body is going through. I know I have used coffee to help out with this, but now I don't need as much, and may give it up altogether. Also, drink lots of water and that may help as well. Sleep is essential. Whenever your body is stressed (as in trying to become keto-adapted, for instance), getting good rest is always a good idea.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by PaleoDeano : Tue, Apr-11-06 at 15:48.
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 15:29
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranova
I am going to be adding a whole carnivore section on to it this month, along with some new Beary good recipes.
Terranova,

Hope you will contribute to the new recipe thread.
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 15:44

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
you will probably have less of a headache when you drink a lot more water - ketosis always gives me a headache at first, so I take a lot more water and that's the only thing that helps.
Hope this helps you, too!
Willeke

thanks..I have been trying to get more
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 15:50

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
If i were you i would stay on the medication FOR NOW! Once you lose more weight you probably won't NEED it any longer!

yes, I agree; maybe lower it progressively as I go along.
thanks Karen.
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 15:50

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleoDeano
Unity,

I had similar bouts of this... but, they passed. It may just be the adaptation your body is going through. I know I have used coffee to help out with this, but now I don't need as much, and may give it up altogether. Also, drink lots of water and that may help as well. Sleep is essential. Whenever your body is stressed (as in trying to become keto-adapted, for instance), getting good rest is always a good idea.

Hope this helps.
thanks Deano..I am thinking it may be a ear or sinus infection because my ears have started to hurt...we will see
Closed Thread