Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Aug-04-06, 10:48
Registered Member

Plan: Meat & Egg fast
Stats: 240/159/120 Female 5'4 inches
BF:27%
Progress: 68%
Default link to some of her recipies

here is a link to some of the somersize recipies! enjoy! http://recipecircus.com/recipes/SomersizinDebB/
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Aug-04-06, 15:11

Plan: food combine/sommersize
Stats: 143.5/140.5/125 Female 63 in
BF:24/23.5/20
Progress: 16%

is that how you got down from 240 to 160 tha tis really amazing!! good job lisa!
im going to try your receipies. they look great and i've been really enjoying cooking for me and my boyfriend, i don't feel like i'm starving and i feel like i feel fuller and dont have to eat as much, i can say i've been technically sommersizing officially since april, she was right, it took about 2.5 months for me to see my weight change... i'm so happy i'm at 135 now!!!

u should go back to it again..... letmme knwo how it goes...
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Aug-04-06, 15:47
Registered Member

Thankyou, actually I lost the first 60 pounds doing a combination of atkins and juice fasting, and then when my weightloss slowed down I went to my local library and thats where I found the somersize book took it home and read it and started her program, and then I was able to get down to 120 pounds but after getting married in 2004 I started eating bad foods again and have gotten back up to 160 pounds , but thats okay I know that I can get back on the somersize program and get back down to 120 pounds soon!, might not come off as fast as it did when I was 33 I am soon aproaching 37 in september but thats okay, anyway just wanted to thankyou for this thread I dont know how but I had completely forgot about somersize until reading your post, I think its easyer to stay on the somersize program because she allows fruit you just have to eat it alone and wait an hour after eating fruit before eating anyting else, anyway this time I will buy her books instead of borrowing from the library ( I wont have to give them back and risk forgeting about the program again) and this time it will not be a diet but a way of life for me , thankyou again and I will post my progress as it the weight comes off.

Love Lisa
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-06, 12:03
Registered Member

Today is Day 1 of somersizing for me and this time I will stay on it for life, feeling great today so far , and I cant wait to see a drop in weight but I think I am going to try to only weigh myself once a week I weighed in today at 166.4 , and I will let you know what I weighin next week!. Love Lisa
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-06, 13:41

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi Lisa,
Glad you found us.
Lizzy
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-06, 10:58

Plan: low carb
Stats: 156.4/156.4/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Somersizing for a week now

I love the concept. Must admit that I messed up a few time - it was accidental - guess that's to be expected. I sure don't feel like I've lost any weight, but probably all the dumb things I did, i.e. buying prepackaged coleslaw & salad (all those carrots) and a few more things like that. The hardest thing has been for me to give up my diet Mt. Dew. That, along with no sugar and I keep a headache, which makes me sleepy so no energy around here yet.
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Sep-04-06, 15:35

hey all , i'm back
been outta town in germany but i ate lots of protein an dveggies
i cam back and was surprised i didn't gain too much weight
well i am at 136 as of yesterday so i am up one lb from when i left, i was 135. and i'm still trying to get to 130
i need to take small steps.
i messed up a couple times on the tirp and ate some bread, and some dessert. but it didn't make me gain too much weight
i'm sticking to sommersizing. has anyone eaten the deserts. i'm going to order me some mroe icecream mix and pudding mix. mmmm yummy. on the whole i'm performin ga lot better, i can dance longer and people notice. an di can fit pants i couldn't fit before!
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-06, 02:54

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 138/136/130 Female 64in
BF:
Progress:
Default Montignac versus Somersizing

Hi skinnyRay,
I have been adivised that Montignac is similar to Somersizing so I was going to research her but you have done that for me. I see a basic difference already and that is Montignac does allow low-fat. I know that carbs & fats cannot be eaten together so this did confuse me. Also low-fat yoghurt can be eaten with fruit, infact that is my usual breakfast. What do Somersizers have for breakfast?
cappuchino
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-06, 02:58

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 138/136/130 Female 64in
BF:
Progress:

Hi again skinnyRay Montignac versus Somersizing cont. Sorry for mistake - I meant to say "I see a basic difference already and that is Montignac does allow low-fat yogurt"
  #100   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-06, 11:43

BF:

Here's a link to an interesting study about Montignac and the AHA diet.
http://umanitoba.fitdv.com/new/arti...e.html?artid=76

I've been away from this thread a while. Back to it today.
  #101   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-06, 14:27

okay so the thing ILOVE about sommersizing is i don't have to count calories, i have not been writing a diet journal, but i have been steadily keeping below 140 by just eating no startch, no carbs, no sugar, sticking to sommersizing rules level 1

i stay full all day, the on ething i think i do wrong sometimes i eat just two meals aday, becuase i get so full from one large meal around midday that i only eat another one around 6pm and them i'm done for the day.

i notice i drop lbs if i don't eat after 8pm.

every week i fluctuate. usually friday i'm the lightest from the weeks working out, eating well, yoga everymorning, then weekend comes, i 'm still activ e , but somehow i eat more on weekends?
hmmm... so i was 139.5 this morning! but last week i was 134
the ligthest ive been so far. i'd like to break the 134 mark this week if i can. i just am grateful that this works i'm i'm not 143.5 anymore. i can see it in my abs.

i am dancing wayyy better. too..
  #102   ^
Old Sat, Oct-07-06, 17:07

Plan: Protein power
Stats: 181.5/176.5/140 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 12%
Talking Somersizer starting today

Just a quick hello. I've read Dean's story and was so inspired. I have read ever diet book out there but have been unable to loose much weight in the past 4 years and have gain 40 lbs. I know why, I eat too many carbs!

So today, I've make a commitment to start again. Thanks to all of you.

I was 168 a few months ago doing Marilu Henner's food combining,176 when I started. Her program works too, except with Somersizing, you can have beef and dairy. Although I'd lost 15 lbs over the course of last year, I'm back up to 178 again.Thought I'd try food combining again due to health issues. High blood pressure and cronic constipation (caused by the blood pressure medicine).

Short term goal...My son is getting married in 7 weeks and I'd like to be about 14 lbs. lighter.

And finally, No, I'm not a size 8 as my name is posted. But that's my long term Goal!

Angela, Size 8, currently size 14 pants, 16 shirts. I don't wear dresses, too large on top...ha!
  #103   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-06, 15:59

Plan: low carb
Stats: 156.4/156.4/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well, I found out my thyroid is underactive and so I've gone from one 'diet' to yet another and my weight just doesn't budge - but I believe it will now that I'm on meds (just 2 weeks now and it may take time). I do like food combining. I think I'll watch my calorie intake along with food combining and low fat and less processed foods (which I haven't been doing much of) and NO sugar or white stuff! I don't think we're in the majority of 'dieters' but that's okay so long as we hang together.
  #104   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-06, 17:41
Registered Member

Plan: Montignac/French Diet
Stats: 263/285/200 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: -35%

I had been doing Montignac's The French Diet, but I think it's easier to find people doing Somersize, so I've picked up some of her books. There are differences, but it's mostly the same, so it doesn't seem quiet some overwhelming.

Today I made suzanne's beef stew, though I'd like to find some way to make it thicker. Cream maybe? It was the first time I'd had celery root. And also cauliflower au gratin from one of montignac's books, cauliflower, gruyere, and cream.

Does anyone know if all pumpernickel bagels are legal? I have a hard time finding bagels that are legal, ones made with whole grain or multigrain seem to also have sugar, honey, and/or molasses. But both Suzanne and Montignac had listed pumpernickel as a good choice, so I bought a few of those.

-Lora
  #105   ^
Old Tue, Oct-31-06, 10:22

BF:

Hey everyone,

How's this plan working for everyone?

Dark - it is hard to find bread that doesn't have sugars or a bunch of ingrediants that I've never heard of. I think pumpernickel and rye are generally lower in carbs. I sometimes eat Ezekial bread which doesn't have sugars and is "fairly" LC.