Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 22:32

Plan: between plans again
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Skeeweeaka....

That was a lot of inspiration is your PERSIST post. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 22:40

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Glad you liked it BET...
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 13:32

Plan: food combine/sommersize
Stats: 143.5/140.5/125 Female 63 in
BF:24/23.5/20
Progress: 16%
Default day two on almost m/e

hey Skee -
yea did u ever do m/e/ how long did u last for? and what happened, just curious. im just trying it out for like 5days. but i'm not completely doing it sinc ei've been eating plums in the morn.
i am down to 140, i started at 143 last week. and it's really hard for me to get weight off since i think i've been stuck at 140-143 for like 1 year. and i work out and eat heatlhy all the time.

i feel really good today. last nite i had dance practice and usually i have to drink propel water but i didn't have to last nite because i was loaded up on pros from all day of eggs/fish/chicken.

i know that eventually i want to just eat normal foods again, like i love fruits and veggies, but i'm justreally curious to see what would happen if i do this for acouple of days, since i've never gone one day in my life without eating a piece of veggie or fruit!

how do you get yeast overgrowth?

i used to have yeast infections from sex and from working out and not showering right after, but i take a probiotic supplement from braingarden.com

whats the CAD approach.

and the Insulin Resistance Approach

do u believe in those carb blocker pills?

i don't like bacon

yea bingeing, it's scary i was sooooo outta control for like 2 months before i got on this forum, i was snacking on healthy whole grain snacks, nevertheless they were still binges and bad for you. and bingeing on nuts.

but these last couple of days eating meat / pro ( iused to be veggie/pescatarian)
has killed my binging.

do you take flax oil?

ne ways, lemme know how you are doing
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-06, 22:13

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetyLouWho
I've been lurking in this thread for a while.

I have not really been following any plan properly for the last 8 months. Well, not with any success anyhow. I just recently decided to get back into food combining and give it a real shot, since it had worked for me so well in the past. I have been trying to do stick with "Fit For Life" for two weeks now.

My problem is that I start out following Fit For Life, then I eat with some of Suzanne Somers' rules, then I eat mostly low carb/Atkins style, then throw in a carb meal (a la S Somers) and then I want fruit since it's encouraged on Fit For Life..... its a jumbled mess in my head.

I flip flop around to make these rules apply to whatever the heck I feel like eating at the time.....therefore...I fail!!!!

I'm just in the remorse stage of a silly binge from last night. I suppose that this is a confession of sorts.

Here we go again...another day, another start. Say three Hail Marys and move on. Uggh.

like some wise old person wrote on one thread i read when i first found this forum "stick to one plan"
jumping around will not do you well.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 16:08

yea i'm gonna stick to this m/e thing as much as i cn but GOSH IT"S HARD. i haven't made it one day without eating cheese.
  #51   ^
Old Fri, May-26-06, 08:18

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hey guys-

Just read through this thread. I used to do Fit for Life. This
is many years ago when the book first came out. I wasn't
trying to lose weight then - just be healthy. Anyway, having
a lot of digestive problems right now so I think I may do food combining/LC. I don't know if this is yeast overgrowth or what. I don't have a lot of allergenic type foods in my diet - gave up eggs, soy, kinda giving up dairy right now.
I may check out Somers' book out of the library.
Hey BettyLou- haven't seen you for awhile. I can so relate to the plan/combining thing .... lol.
How has everyone been doing recently?
  #52   ^
Old Fri, May-26-06, 20:15

HEY i'm back on food combining, the m/e thing was whack
i beleive in sommersizing. it has worked, 've lost weight and i feel great, an dno digestive problems!

cut out the soy

eggs are good

no milk!
chekc out suzanne sommers fast and easy book 'm reading.
  #53   ^
Old Sat, May-27-06, 14:34

BF:

I picked up Fast and Easy at the library. That cheat sheet in the back is helpful. Wish she wasn't selling her own products so heavily but it's a good book.
Been on the plan 2 days - we'll see.
Keep in touch about your progress.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-06, 16:41

lizzy, u shoudl start a journal like the rest of us too! i can't find any othe rsommer sizers? are you doign it? i haven't seen th echeat sheet back yet but i'm in th emiddle of it, learning about milk/yogurt products. it makes sense about the sugars, funky foods etc... i'm trying to cut all sugar out. it's carzy i feel better already i have not eaten chocoalte for 16 day!
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 04:40

Plan: keto
Stats: 230/218/150 Female 5'5"
BF:have/no/idea
Progress: 15%

I have been doing atkins now for almost two years (minus falling off the wagon) but i really miss fruit and whole grains. I had lost a great amount of weight on the Somersizing plan years ago. It makes me feel much better than atkins because of the food combination and digestion. So I am going to give it another chance since summer and fresh fruit are everywhere. I started on SS two days ago,and have already lost a few pounds of water weight.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 10:10

BF:

Ptouch - I guess I'm too shy to start a journal - but I'll definitely check back here to keep in touch with somersizers.
Maybe you can have a little chocolate on level two. I think
she does.

Gem - I know what you mean about the fruit. I've felt much better the last few days doing food combining. I'm sticking with this for a while. Only doing one fruit at the moment. I notice you don't journal either.

Keep in touch! I'll weigh in Monday to see how I've done.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 20:27

Journal... I barely find time to enter my food into fitday I wish I had the time to track better
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 21:07

welcome gem_
i'm love the sommersizing food combining. my digestion is best, an dit feels great, an dyes i also did it a year ago and lost a good 6 lbs, i got made fun of hard time from everyone, so i lef t it and sure enough i got gasy and gained weight again... i got outta control eating carbs and chips w/ sour cream and chips w/ hummus etc...

yes you guys please write me back cuz i don't have any othe rsommersizer friends!
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-06, 09:19

BF:

Ptouch - I don't get why people make fun of other people about what they are putting in their mouths. It shouldn't be anyone's business. I feel a lot better with food combining - I was actually beginning to think there was something seriously wrong with me. I'm low carb combining right now and hope to add carbos at some point. I could really go for some soba noodles.
Gem - I'd do fitday but can't seem to figure it out....lol.
See ya later
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-06, 12:28

Happy Saturday! I have been using fit day since I began atkins to control my carb intake. I used to use the online free program, but then ended up purchasing the deluxe version. The online version was not much different than this one, and using the online version gave me the benefit to log my info, even when I was away from home! I have felt really good this week, I have lost some bloat,and I have been enjoying fruit each morning. I have not had any other carbos yet, I am going to reintroduce them slowly.