Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 16:16

Plan: LC, HF, PP
Stats: 214/188.2/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Self Hypnosis Tapes

Just my experience....

I've got some self hypnosis tapes and when I listen to them as I work out, the time just FLIES by. I've got the quit smoking session, a self confidence session, and a reducing anger session. They're all just great and positive, and it is possible to do the ellip with your eyes closed! Just a "take it or leave it" suggestions - for me, even watching tv doesn't distract me from the sweat, huff and puff, but the tapes do. YMMV

Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 20:40

Plan: LC own, healthier eatin'
Stats: 218/196/185 Female 5'5 1/2
BF:Jiggles..yuck
Progress: 67%

Hey Chris welcome back !!!! So happy to hear you are going to work out everyday !!! 7 days at a time !!! I like that idea of the tapes,maybe I will treat myself to one.

Sara, WTG.... You will have 7 days put together in no time !!!

Well,I walked for about 30 minutes tonight which brings me to a total of 30 days walking,no excuses I just kept doing it and can't believe I have put together 30 days.

I am checking out a gym tommorow.I have a free pass for a week.I am dying to try one of those ellipitals (spell check) They also offer belly dancing and Zumba classes I am interested in trying out.

Okay,good to have more 7 dayer's here me and Chris were a lone for a long time.

Stacy
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 15:41

Default 31 days and counting

Hey guys,I put in my 30 minutes this morning,did not make it to the gym,but went to the most beautiful beach all day.Maybe,I will run out tonight and look it over.
Hope everybody got some exercise in today !!

Stacy
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 15:55

BF:

Got mine - 26 minutes elliptical!!!
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 07:29

WOOHOO CHRIS 26 MINUTES IS AWESOME.

Did my 30 minute walk this morning,I am doing another one later,I am going to try and bump things up again for a week.I have started an offical Atkins induction(day 3) and I am hoping to have much success with staying on it for two weeks with no cheating.Wish me luck,I need it,I am a chronic cheater.

Stacy
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 07:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/163/145 Female 5'5''
BF:
Progress: 55%

I didn't get my exercise in yesterday, but I got it in this morning. This week I am aiming for 6 out of 7 days of exercise.

Sending thoughts of strength for you Stacy, to stick to induction. I have difficulty also with sticking to it. In fact I never have completely. Even on induction I still eat a little LC candy, and peanut butter. I guess I should be sending thoughts of strength to myself. One of these days, I will get motivated to buckle down.

Best wishes for all, Sara
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 11:58

Good For you on getting that workout in today...Just keep plugging along..
As far as "induction" goes I have been eating l/c for awhile,Which is very agreeable for my body.I do however have a really hard time sticking to it 7 days a week.I have not ever completed the full 2 weeks/nor one week so my progress should be interesting.I have tried many,many times.So,I am hoping by sharing this online,I stick with it for 2 weeks.

Stacy
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 16:05

BF:

Stacy, you can do it! Just look at how you stepped up with your exercise regimen and have stuck with it day after day for FIVE WEEKS! That's amazing. This time around, I'm not doing "induction" per se, but I rarely eat nuts, mostly meat, a little cheese, and some butter, olive oil, cream and green veggies. Of course, my progress weight-wise has been dismal thus far. I wish I could do meat and eggs, but I'm allergic to eggs!

Today, 22 minutes. No excuses. I'm already looking forward to measurements on Sunday!
Chris
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 04:35

Morning girls, I am getting ready to take a 3 mile/45 minute walk just checking in......
Thanks Chris,The vote of confidence, it helps.I really do believe I will make it thru the 2 weeks.I went out to dinner last night with some friends and stayed on plan.No drinks,just water steak and shrimp.I had some brocoli and a salad and I was very pleased with myself.I CAN DO THIS !!!
Good for you working it out mid week,I know that is usually your "slump" you should be happy with measurements.I forgot to do mine this week,I will measure in on Monday and am praying that there is a big difference in 2 weeks of not measuring.I really see and feel it in my clothing.

Have a good workout girls, We can do this one day at a time.
Stacy

Last edited by gemiigirl : Thu, Mar-23-06 at 04:37. Reason: sp
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 16:13

BF:

I got home from work and didn't want to do it today. Not a bit. Wanted a nap instead. But...

Did 22 minutes ellip!!! I feel pretty proud of myself. Sure, this is only day 4, but that means I'm more than halfway to day 7.

Stacy, let's make a deal. For every day you post that you've stuck to induction, I will work out, whether I want to or not. And every day I work out, you've got to stick to induction. Whaddaya say, worth a try?

Chris
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 20:36

Default Your On !!!!

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU CHRIS

I really,truly am...WTG

YES,I will take you up on that offer it will make it that more harded to fall off.I am hanging on.I did not feel good today,I did not exercise early this morning because,I was so darn tired.I did force myself to take a 30 minute bike ride after dinner.It sure is a different workout than walking.I was huffing and puffing.

So,you challenge will be sitting on my shoulder if something starts to entice me.....I will grab another HB egg...lol

Here's to another day.
Stacy
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-06, 06:49

Day five of induction for me and my 40 minutes of walking is done.I am planning on adding a bike ride in as well today.

Good day everyone....Don't forget our deal Chris !!!

Stacy
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-06, 17:13

BF:

Deal not forgotten!!!

Today is Friday, so I had the luxury of
a) getting home from work and taking a nap and then,
b) 25 minutes on the elliptical!!!

It's still only a quarter after 7 and I can stay up late! Going to have taco salad for dinner tonight, watch some movies...

Hey Stacy, I see your weight went down a bit - WTG!

I'm behind still, but hoping that Sunday's weigh in and measurement session will cheer me up.

Also, Monday evening, I'm getting a body wrap. I scheduled it for 6:00 so I'd still have time to come home and work out first. I'll let you know how it goes...

Keep it up, Stacy!

Chris
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-06, 14:59

Hey,Chris I got my exercise in today.I walked this morning,took the kids to the movies,passed on popcorn and snacks,went to the park walked around a little more and I am done.Oh yeah,I was out shopping,walking around Wal-mart at 6 am.to 8am......Boy,it's been a long day already and it's only 4pm...LOL
Maybe,I'll take a nap.

Hope your keeping your promise girlfriend !!! I am.

Stacy

PS..Let me know about the wrap that sounds interesting.

Last edited by gemiigirl : Sat, Mar-25-06 at 15:00. Reason: s
  #90   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-06, 15:50

BF:

I'm keepin' it! 25 minutes again today!!

I'm really disappointed with my progress, though. Maybe it takes a few weeks of the every day thing, but so far, in general, my progress sucks. It's been 2 months and less than 10 pounds lost. I've only lost .5 inches from my hips (the 2.5 from my waist is good, I'll admit). Grrrr. Grrrr. I'm drinking water like a fiend, I don't cheat, I'm taking all my supplements. I think I've yo-yo'd one too many times (okay, maybe 10 too many times) and now I'm paying the piper. But it's frustrating!!

Chris

Wow, did you walk today. Tonight, I may ride a mechanical bull (this would be a first). I'll let you know....