Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 18:45

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

Thanks Pilot! I am really crazy-focused/ determined right now. I measure everything, write down everything and consciously eat whenever I do decide to eat. I really can't wait until I can be 199. That would be great! The least amount of weight I have weighed in recent years is 190 (2 summers ago). When I can beat that (189) I will be ecstatic!

Thanks for all the support guys!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 19:17
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
Nancy, I'm so sorry your knees are hurting. I hope you can find something to relieve it. Nancy, tell me about some of your new menu's. I'm curious as to low gluten meals.

I'm following up two possible leads for the aching joints and muscles. One is it might be lectins. The other thought, and this seems true for some FMS suffers is they're sensitive to Salicylates. My other, other thought is that it'll just take awhile of being dairy and gluten free to get things healed up all over my body. That's 20 years or so I've been having immune reactions to food, it might not go away over night! I do know my brain is functioning SO much better since being off gluten. I had such a marvelously productive day today.

But if you eliminate both lectins and salicylates there's almost nothing left to eat except meat. So not quite sure which direction to go in first. I guess I'm trying lectin free right now. But if salicylates are really the problem, then I'm eating the utterly wrong foods. Argh!

I have stopped the aspartame and am using much less splenda. Anyway, I'll give this low lectin diet a good two week try then on to the next thing. At least my poop chute is doing a lot better and my TMJ is vastly improved! I ate salad!

If it isn't lectins or salicylates then at least I'm eating easy to digest food and that will help with the healing up from the gluten intolerance. And having such a limited diet is actually good for weight loss (so I hope!).

So right now I am eating meat (got pork roast!), squashes, salads, coconut milk yogurt, almonds, almond butter, almond flour, eggs, dates, mangos, pears, broccoli and a little ghee. I've got coconut oil and coconut flour on order. But with the salicylate diet, I can't eat it!
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 19:26
Experimenter

BF:

oops... posted wrong thing here!

Last edited by Nancy LC : Mon, Jan-09-06 at 21:44.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-06, 09:14

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 265/164/159.5 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Ok, I forgot to post over the weekend. I had my cheat meal on Friday and Sunday's dinner.

On Friday I had salmon w/sundried tomatoes marinated in oil and spaghetti and butternut squash w/butter and fresh grated cheeses. Dessert was a few spoons of icecream w/2 sugar free peanut clusters and some raisins. No gain on Saturday AM - still was 171.5.

Weighed in at 171 on Sunday and my cheat dinner was Shrimp and Snow Crab Claws with lots of butter and some fresh french bread and some squash again. No gain on Monday!

Today is tuesday and I'm down to 170.5! I love this plan so far!

Have a wonderful day!
Melissa
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 20:12

I am sad. I have been 204 since Jan 2--- Far too long! What is the deal? Hopefully my body is just adjusting. Plus it was that TOM!!! I will keep you guys updated!
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 20:21
Experimenter

BF:

Don't be sad, be mad! It burns more calories.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 12:56
Have A LC Margarita!

Plan: PMSF
Stats: 175/175/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Okay so I think I am going to have to PSMF to get off these 10 lbs I gained over the holidays. Is anyone else restarting the PSMF?
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 13:12
Experimenter

BF:

Not me! I'm off it until I get my digestive issues cleared up. Although... it might not necessarily be incompatible with SCD... now that I think about it.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 17:10

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

I am doing more of modified version of it- have had to increase calories and carbs slightly for weight lifting...wasn't making any progress...I have lost enough weight to be in the 'looking OK' zone now and think the lifting will help. I may still be losing very slowly though...I have stabilized around 145 I think, but saw a half pound less than that a few days ago, so who knows.

I am working more on trying to get away from diet mentality and more to making sensible choices and not eating so much.

I think Cindy and PB are doing PSMF still, and we have a newbie too..Missa67.

Val
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 18:29

Urban-- Dude, I have been on PSMF since Sept 19.... Restart? Sure, I can tweak things up a bit! LOL
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 18:46
Experimenter

BF:

Actually, my first week of SCD is going to be almost PSMF! Very, very few calories I think.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 23:21
Have A LC Margarita!

BF:

Sheesh PB, how do you stay motivated?
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 23:38
Registered Member

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 255/199.5/160 Male 68"
BF:
Progress: 58%

I'm back on too...I've even got a buddy and a wager this time. I didn't fall off because of the holidays but because first the military was a little stupid...then COMPLETELY RETARDED. Now my personal situation is consistently aggravating, and no matter what I do I know I'm going to be disappointed. In the present though, I only have one pair of jeans that fits properly since the other two shrunk the first time I washed them, so I figured I'd keep with the weight loss if only to get some variety in my wardrobe.
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 16:43
Have A LC Margarita!

BF:

I have been trying to not work out on PSMF, but I think I need to. It is the only thing that helps me stay motivated and keeps me in track. It's hard to eat bad when I know how hard I had to work it off, LOL!
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 18:25
Experimenter

BF:

Well, that's the g'mint for ya, Truffle.

Urban, Val has been losing a lot faster since she took up weight lifting, have you thought of doing that? Wait, I think I had a flash back to another conversation where you mentioned you bulk up too much to suit yourself.