Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-05, 11:45

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

259 again for me. It's not likely I'll see VT before my next free meal on Saturday night, but a girl can hope. And it's getting to be that time where I see a bit more bouncing. I'd really like to get down to 253 before I take a bit of a diet break. A nice even -75 would make me happy. Of course I still want 250 by New Years. It could still happen, just need a nice big 5lb whoosh or so
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-05, 17:29

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

You know what I hate? I hate how your body holds on to water (or replaces fat with water or whatever). I have been 218 for 4 days now and it sucks. I have been eating well (700-800 cals) and drinking my water. I was really hungry on Thursday, so I thought that I would weigh less today. No such luck. I know it takes time, I am holding water, my body is adjusting, blah, blah, blah... but it sucks! I guess my body doesn't want me to be able to say that I have lost 50 pounds! :LOL

Today, I walked up my stairs holding a 15lb weight (was moving it upstairs) and I realized just how much fat I was lugging around when I was fatter. It is so weird!

I need a whoosh.....
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-05, 17:29

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Well don't forget that the scales are really a very rough and unreliable indicator. Rolling averages is really best I guess, but we do become addicted to watching the numbers fall, don't we!

I am stuck on 149 at the moment myself...this seems to be the pattern after a low bounce..hence I keep my statistic at the average between the low and the high that tends to stay for several days. A few weeks ago, it was 150. Now it is 149. I am having a carby meal tonight so I can expect more water maintenance for a few days...anyway, we all know the drill now.
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-05, 17:34

Yes, it looks like what happens is that we lose some fat, get a low bounce, and then water rushes in to fill the gap until we do a few low carb low cal days and lose more fat..for me this whole process now takes weeks to shift a half pound, so at least you and Cindy are seeing it happen in bigger and quicker drops...but you are subject to the same process too.
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-05, 18:16
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

PB Girl, do you go down in size anyway? To me that's the weirdest part. I KNOW I'm losing fat. I can feel it going, my pants fit better, there's less mushy stuff to grab, but the danged scale never changes!

I just want to QUANTIFY it somehow!?! Its frustrating not being able to do that.

Also, why is my left arm less fat than my right arm? I wonder if it is because I put the testosterone cream on the left arm? I'd better switch!
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-05, 19:10

And when I had a two piece bathing suit made, I found out that one boob was quite a bit larger than the other!!! Apparently this is usual.

When I was using progesterone cream, I was told to change places all the time as to where I put it.
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 10:55
Experimenter

BF:

Huh! I just noticed, last time I was buying bras that my right boob is substantially larger than my left. Really! It was like I needed to different sized cups. What a PITA! Well, another item to put on my fantasy plastic surgery list (boob lift and slim down the right one to match the left one). Now, if only they could figure out how to permanently implant a nice tan on me.

Ok, well I had a FREE MEAL last night for Mom's birthday. First one since my Xmas party on the 3rd. Oh my! I had Thai food, Panang Duck and I even had some rice with it! I ate about half the plate of Panang they served. Then we went to Coldstone Creamery and I had coffee ice cream with chocolate chips (a small one). I was WAY too full. It was a nice night with Mom, my sister and my brother and nephew.
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 11:17

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

Nancy-- I think the pants are fitting better. I did notice that one pair of dress pants I have fit better than last week, but I just thought that it was due to the 4 pounds that I lost last week.

It is such a frustrating process! I sit here and average out pounds lost and what that would be per month, day, week etc. and I can't understand why I don't see some movement on the scale. Maybe I am starting to retain water for my TOM? I think it is over a week away though! I know that the scale is a poor indication of fat loss and I am sorry to always whine about this! I look at it this way-- I am eating a hell of a lot less now than when I was bingeing all the time and putting on weight. I do more activity now and I am low carbing, so why doesn't it just drop off? Maybe it is, and is replacing itself with water for a bit. Some weeks it drops off, some weeks it doesn't. I know that when I am under 200lbs (or anywhere closer to goal) it will be more difficult. *Sigh*

I will be off work starting Dec. 19 so I plan to go to the gym most days for some exercise. Maybe the Christmas shopping will help me burn some extra cals as I run around to find the perfect gifts! Hahahhahaa.
  #84   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 12:04
Experimenter

BF:

It does slow down unfortunately. I did take about 6 weeks off for maintenance and found when I went back the fat really was going off pretty fast again.

But not the pounds. The scales hate me too. I know it is water replacing fat because I'm getting smaller faster than the scales are showing. Those empty fat cells are just going to fill up with water for awhile.

If you haven't been measuring you really should. I was amazed at how much my measurements changed even when the scales were. Or keep a pair of reference pants in the closet.
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 12:51

Stupid scales!! I hate mine too. I'm noticing that I retain water 2 weeks before tom. Progesterone cream is helping with that, but it's still a pain.

I'm at 259 again today. I changed my cheat meal from Sat to Friday night, so I'm happy it's still 259. I'm considering doing a 5 day stretch on psmf. That ought to get me under 256. I'm flying to Charlotte again on the 14th. I'd love to be 254 by then. I have no plans at all, so I could do it. We'll see if I'm dying for a cheat meal by Monday night
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 14:40

Stats: 170/167/128 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Starting PSMF

Hi everyone! I have been reading your thread for over a week now and have finally decided to post something. Starting tomorrow I will be starting the PSMF as well. I did it for a little over a week in November and lost like 3 pounds ( I don't have a scale...its just an estimate). I felt great and knew my pants were a bit baggy in the waist! However, I fell off the wagon a little bit. I don't think I gained, but I definitely didn't lose. That's for sure.

I am in London right now, studying for the semester. You can see where the falling off the wagon comes into play (fish & chips, Pubs, ect...) When I left in late September, I said that I was going to get back to the weight I was before I dealt with some binge eating problems/emotional issues. Sort-of a new town, new diet theory. This however didn't happen nearly to the extent I wish it had. I am saying 4 pounds maybe. Its hard to gage without actually weighing myself. BUT at least I didn't gain! Anways, I will be returning to the States on Tuesday and will have 6 weeks of break before heading back to campus in February. It is my goal to lose 15-20 pounds by then and I want to use PSMF to do it. As I said earlier, I really felt wonderful and could tell it was working.

You are all so great when it comes to motivation and seem to thoroughly enjoy each others company. This forum is fantastic and I know I could use a group like you to keep me on my toes in order to WOW everyone when I get back to school.
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 14:59
Experimenter

BF:

Welcome! Wow, London! Where are you from? Yes, I had some great food in London too. I loved the Indian food there. Nummy! And the Pub food was great too!

Well, welcome to the group!
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 15:07

Stats: 170/167/128 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I am actually from a small town in Indiana. My school is in rural Indiana as well...

And thanks for the welcome!
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 18:57

Welcome Kate! PSMF is a great way to lose fat quickly.

You're in my favorite city of all time! I love London and used to travel there frequently for work. Hope you're enjoying it there!
  #90   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 19:20

Plan: Neandergirl
Stats: 145/131/122 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:36/34/19
Progress: 61%

Welcom KateSpade. Excellent group we have here- what, what!

PB I read Lyle recommends drinking a sh*tton of water for the whoosh when you know you have it coming.

Cindy Good decion to put off free meal. I got to my all time low then had a cheat and havent seen it since-that was like 2 months ago. I think if I had held on for a week or so I would have been cool, but nooooooooo.

Last edited by pinkquinn : Sun, Dec-11-05 at 19:21. Reason: left word out