Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 10:30
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Yeah! Fat is fluffy and has more volume. This is why I think I get the phenomenon of feeling like I'm thinner, but the scales aren't moving.

Oh man, it feels GREAT to be back at work and back to my regular, lighter eating. My GI system needs a break. I just felt totally overfed all weekend and I didn't like that feeling. Of course, I started my TOM too so that probably contributed to my malaise. But I slept 9 hours last night and woke up feeling really good today!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 16:07

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

That's great Nancy....lets hope this feeling continues for you.
Looking forward to hearing your lab test results to see what confirms what. I can imagine that being back on PSMF is a relief.. it is almost like coming home and is associated with watching the water weight drop away. I am finding that I can't bring myself to stray too far from it...am eating a bit more oil than before and maybe 20-40 additional g carbs on average, but otherwise not a lot has changed in my eating.

Result is that I still seem to be gradually losing..new VT low this morning of 147.5! Just as well...hope I can get to 147 by Xmas as the meals over those days plus eating at musical festival stalls for a week is going to be a real test for me.

The only downside is that I am still not able to increase my weights in my weight lifting by much at all...I am still sort of just maintaining in that department. This is because my fear of weight gain has kept calories too low still for this. So hopefully I will be well 'charged' to begin increasing weights after the diet break when I get back from the festival around Jan 2.

Sona, if you are there, what are your thoughts about calorie intake and weight lifting? I have been doing the dextrose thing and it helped initially, but hasn't made any difference since. Maybe I am expecting too much. How quickly should I be able to increase any given set of weights? Say, Smith machine bench press?
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 16:29
Experimenter

BF:

Wow! That's great, Val! I had a sort of revalation today that eating my lower-cal, but not PSMF strict way, might result in dropping weight very, very gradually over the years. Which once I get to goal, might be sort of nice to continue to lose a bit gradually.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 16:41

This appears to be what is happening to me. I am clearly still losing...it has taken a month to shed a pound. But hey, if I can lose another 6 lbs in a year I will be stoked! I really don't feel like I am suffering whatsoever- I enjoy the PSMF-like cleaner eating, so have only just increased fat slightly (eating a bit of avocado, half diluted real salad dressing, leaving on chicken skin) to make it more palatable. And still allowing myself some leeway a few times a week (last night's mango, eating a few chips the other night etc) as we did with free meals. It is still working, just more slowly. But my metabolism had bottomed out so much that I was losing slowly anyway.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 16:57
Experimenter

BF:

A few chips... that's something I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat. If I can master that, I will know I have this weight thing licked.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 17:26

I had a handful. They did not taste as terrific as anticipated..the processed, artifical sort of thing is there. So no binge was triggered. (This would not be true of nuts unless they are raw. I find it hard to stop eating roasted nuts. But I did manage to do this at book club- had two small handfuls only so I suprised myself. Maybe being in front of others??)

Sort of like not smoking for years and then having a puff- you can taste the awful burned chemicals flavor.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 17:59
Experimenter

BF:

LOL! That's how I ended up smoking again (have quit since), just by picking up a cigarette and taking a few puffs. I'm such a junkie.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 19:25
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Val, good going on the 147. You're doing a great job.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 19:58

Well its not reached 147 yet..but on the way I guess, although Xmas is going to put an end to that...LOL

Re the smoking- I couldn't stand the taste of it once I had quit for a while. I would have to force myself to smoke in order to become re-addicted now. I don't like the smell either.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 08:18
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

All of this "tiny" portions I've been eating to sustain me, has been good. I put on my jammies this morning, and my tummy doesn't poke out. It's gone down.

Theory: small portions, don't eat to total fullness, watch what you eat, and you will lose the lbs.

I feel like I've lost about 5 lbs in the last 5 days. I don't have a scale, I use my clothes as markers.
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 08:57
Experimenter

BF:

Hey! It is working for me too. I noticed yesterday my stretch pants are getting baggy on me. I weighed my lowest night time weight ever (I think) and this morning I'm down to my low weight (not VT). So my xmas party and heavier eating weekend didn't do too much damage.

I had a late dinner last night because I had to stop at my Mom's and run errands for her. I ate some flax/soy chips and pistachio's as a snack. When I got home and it was time for dinner, I just wasn't hungry any more. But I did have some chili anyway. Sometimes you just have to give in to the schedule.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 09:25
Experimenter

BF:

Hey...

This cold weather...

I'm thinking...

It is time for another large vat of....

PUMPKIN SOUP!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 10:57

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Woohoo Val!! That's awesome news about 147.5!!

Nancy - Pumpkin soup sounds so good right now! What time is lunch??

PG - great news on the pajamometer!!

I've chisled another pound off. VT today at 258.6. Blasted .6lbs. It better be gone tomorrow. I want my ticker to show a full 70lbs gone! And then I'm gonna be watching for 50% of goal Isn't it funny the things we get focused on.
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 10:59
Experimenter

BF:

I think your .6 will scurry off in fear of what you'll do if it doesn't!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 17:50

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

Hey Val-- have you ever thought of upping your caffeine or taking some guggulsterone or fat burners? You keep mentioning that your metabolism has bottomed out-- would you ever consider helping it out?