Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-05, 20:48
Registered Member

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 255/199.5/160 Male 68"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Thanks Pilot. And Nancy, that's exactly what I ended up doing when I went out to buy spices. I picked up a lemon pepper, a tomato basil, and something else, though I ended up caving into my craving and made your tandoori chicken. It was awesome, thanks for the recipe!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-05, 20:53

Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

I know the weight loss secret? Shhhh...don't tell anybody else... Ok, here's the secret...eat fewer calories per day than you burn LOL.

Nancy - you've lost more than me still I've lost 68.4 pounds. I can't wait to get these last 1.6 done and claim 70. Of course I'm also kind of bummed that after losing 70lbs I'll still be 108lbs away from goal. But at least now I know the secret LOL!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-05, 21:01
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Woo hoo! Tandori chicken the the best! I'm craving it now too! Wonder if I have any tandori spices...

CindyG, no long time ago I lost 69 pounds. Then put it back on, and then some. Working on that one again! 43.7 of it gone! I can't imagine getting down to 125 again... that was on low fat, I probably lost a ton of muscle doing that.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-05, 21:09

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

I think her secret is to stick to low carb/Atkins when traveling and PSMF'ing when not.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-05, 18:33
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Short story.

When I was in my 30's, I had two close girlfriends that were VERY overweight. Both went on laxatives and fruit juices. Both lost an incredible amount of weight. (both were married)

Both of them divorced their husbands and went off into the sunset. Both of them told me their husbands hated them for losing the weight and becoming thin. Both husbands were threatened. Both husbands starting cheating on their wives, saying that they needed more attention. Both wives (my close friends) took off on new journeys as thin women. One went to SF where her interior decorating career put her into high echelon social circles.
The other went to Tahoe, Truckee and began painting and selling her art in a gallery.

Both are married to wealthy men, both are morbidly obese, and happy as hell.

Sometimes thin isn't everything
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-05, 18:59
Experimenter

BF:

Wow! That is quite a story Lynne. Where the hell these women finding wealthy men?
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 11:04

Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

That's an amazing story Lynne. I can't even find datable men, let alone rich ones! I hate to think it's my personality and not my weight thats been my dating problem!

MMMMM tandoori chicken! That sounds so good right now. Might have to have Indian food for my next cheat meal!

I'm at 261.8 post cheat meal. No worries, I'm back on track today and am actually considering going to work out.

There's 3 full weeks until New Years and I am bound and determined to be at 250 by then!
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 14:45

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

Lynne-- I liked that story because it shows that your friends were more confident and able to take risks when they were thin. Moving and starting a new career (and leaving the husband) are big big changes!

So I assume that they gained back the weight after getting remarried and comfortable again. I am intrigued by these women. I often think, "when I am thinner..." when I want to venture out into a new experience. I am happy that they did follow their dreams. I am still young and I often ponder career changes but I am not a risk-taker. Maybe when I am thinner....
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 16:16
Experimenter

BF:

Well last night really felt like a set back to me. Maybe its just because my appetite has shrunk so much that a normal sized dinner felt ENORMOUS. But we had the company xmas party. I had a GREAT meal, actually most of it was quite low carb.

Appetizer: Shrimp, shaved parmesan, cantelope with balsamic vinegar

Bland salad without enough dressing.

Seared Ahi with some sort of interesting spinach sauce and fat snap peas of some sort.

Dessert: I wanted a gluten free dessert so they made me just a plate of fresh berries with nothing on them. They were delicious.

I was utterly stuffe, but somehow some chocolate found its way down. Then this morning a little more chocolate jumped in. The rest of the chocolate went into the trash.

I feel huge right now. Totally bloated. Urgh!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 16:35
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyG
That's an amazing story Lynne. I can't even find datable men, let alone rich ones!
LOLOL! Dotty, the interior decorator did her future husbands home in SF... and Ilana married an art collector that had stopped into her gallery while he was skiing with his sons in Tahoe.

Rich men are lonely. You can find them usually in bars near a marina, where they usually moor their boats.. Or at art auctions, at opening art exhibits, at the gym, at the restaurant near the hospital or courthouse...(especially at lunchtime)

I didn't find C in any of those places. I found her in the AOL personals. She put up a personal ad one night, and I was reading the ads one night... Come to find out, she lived 2 miles from me. (6 yrs ago)

I've been eating clean all week (except for thurs when I had some bread on my burger and 3 fries). If I go to C's house tonight, I'm going to weigh myself. I'd be curious to see if my body has released any weight.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 19:05

Nancy why would feeling stuffed be a set back? I welcome this as it means I won't overeat so much.

Back to a previous VT bounce this morning- 148 lbs. I expect I will now bounce up and down above that for a while. But the good news is that my average calorie intake is higher, so I guess my metabolism is slowly correcting itself.

My new two piece bathing suit that I had made for me got its maiden voyage to the beach yesterday...I waddled proudly. I was pleased to see other girls bigger than me in 2 piece suits too, also not concerned. Summer is upon us here with weather in the 80's and I am determined to get a bit of color on the fluffy white flab.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 19:41
Experimenter

BF:

It probably is a good sign but I feel 9 months pregnant! Well, it'll be great getting back to PSMF'ing.

Hey! Congrats on the new VT! I think we just have to suffer along with fat-loss, water-gain, holding, holding, holding, water-loss, like that study on Lyle's board shows.

I sincerely doubt you waddled, Missy! I am glad you're enjoying the weather! I wonder if I'll ever have the nerve to go out and tan my white, jiggly flab?
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 20:16

Yes am still waddling...I am carrying a lot of BF which I decided to cease caring about sufficiently to prevent me from exposing people to it at the beaches here. (That was a strange sentence!)

Which study at Lyle's were you referring to? Seems to me that you and I and a few others are our own study in this pattern.
BTW I put the study on the lowcarb keto diet for type 2's in the nerd section over there...the regression analysis was of interest as noted by someone here (meaning this forum).
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 22:28
Experimenter

BF:

This one, about water content where there was formerly fat: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fo...ead.php?t=10960 It really cheered me up to read that.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 23:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
This one, about water content where there was formerly fat: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fo...ead.php?t=10960 It really cheered me up to read that.

Right. Fat cells are so desperate to stay full they grab water. And water probably weighs more than fat too...that might explain a few things, eh.