Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-02, 11:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Hey, Theresa, I'm looking into carrying most of the KETO food products here, and am working up a products list (not the shakes though, not yet).

Contact me at the usual if you want more info, okay?
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-02, 07:34
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%
Talking Thanks Judi!

I signed up the email newsletter and I'm looking forward to getting those coupons. Thanks for the info!!!

I finally found Banana Cream Pie and Choc Peanut Butter. However, I was disappointed. I guess I was expecting it to taste like real Banana Cream Pie. Ha.

My favorite so far is the Chocolate Peanut Butter. Just my 2 cents.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 13:26

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 270/232/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:Yes, unfortunately
Progress: 32%
Post Keto Coffees?

Hello all,

Has anyone tried the new (I guess since March) Keto coffees? They are supposed to be like the International Coffees, but no trans fats, sweetened with splenda, and other "goodies" added. I think they come in Mocha, French Vanilla, and Cappucino. I think I would like to try these (especially to keep at work for a snack or treat), but I would be interested to know if anyone else has tried them first - don't want to waste my pennies on yucky stuff, you know!!

Regards,

Theresa
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 00:16
Registered Member

My taste test package is stuck in WA or I'd be able to tell you by now! Dang it.

By the way, the sweetener in this product is a blend of acesfulfame-K and sucralose (Splenda).
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 08:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 270/232/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:Yes, unfortunately
Progress: 32%

Hey Judi,

Let me know about how these taste, 'kay? Also, what else are you getting tastes of? You know I'm looking for some good L/C treats - hopefully the Keto Mac & Cheese, Keto Coffees, perhaps others - not sure. Keep me posted as to how these are and if you will be "offering" them in your co-op.

Regards,

Theresa
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 18:51
Registered Member

Just keep an eye out for the Co-op bulletins
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 17:44

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Tried the Swiss Mocha thinking it would be something like hot chocolate and wasn't overly impressed with it. It was okay, but not sure it was worth the 5 bucks and some change that I paid for it. I'll finish this jar off and probably not spend the money on it again. I don't miss hot chocolate that much (or sweet flavored coffee, for that matter..I usually drink mine black, no sugar). Then again...tastes are all different. What I think is just okay, someone else may consider delicious.
  #68   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 10:49

Plan: Carb Addict
Stats: 205/194/145
BF:
Progress: 18%
Thumbs up Keto Pamcake & Muffin mix

Just tried something last night. Made the muffins, but instead of adding heavy cream, used 2 tbs. of FIFTY 50 Strawberry Spread and also added 2 packets of artificial sweetener. They were really pretty good. Figured the carbs for each to be 2-3 per muffin.
  #69   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 19:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 298/180/145
BF:
Progress: 77%
Smile I liked the Cappuccino!

I thought the cappuccino was really good. And it got a little foamy on top, all by itself, which was nice! Maybe they have it somewhere on this site, I don't know. I got mine at lowcarbeating.com - off the home page. Anyway, I give it
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 09:43

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

WOW, hi all, Ijust spend about an hour reading this thread and I thing it is great. I have been looking for somethinglike this for months. Thank you all, I can't wait to try some of these products

Tanya
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 21:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/199/145
BF:
Progress: 16%
Smile Low Carb product finds

Thanks KarenB for the reviews. There are so many products on these lowcarb web sites that having this information really helps!
I wanted to share info on a couple of 'regular' foods I've recently found that just happen to be very low carb. One is Johnny Harris BBQ sauce, at .5 (yes, only1/2 gram) carb per tablespoon, which is much lower than most, and priced very competitively since it is not advertised as a speciality lowcarb product. I found it while on vacation in Savannah Ga. (the company is located there), but I was able to finally find it at an Ingles here in Knoxville. It has a little bite to it, like hot sauce. Another good find is Howard's sugar free maple flavored syrup at 1 carb per 1/4 cup. Better than Atkins and very inexpensive, off the grocery shelves at Krogers. Hope this helped, as you've helped me and others.
Gwen
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 13:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/225/195
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default keto cereal...hooray! with milk...um?

I'm restricting myself to 30g of carbs a day and Keto cereal is the easiest and quickest breakfast to put together because of my schedule.

The cereal is kind of an oxymoron though if you inevitably use milk. I dont think Atkins recommends milk at all but then we got this Keto version. What should I use then, water?

I'm not lactose intolerant but I want to be certain that milk doesn't have any glucose.

thanky,

robin
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 21:00
Registered Member

As a long time lowcarber, I wouldn't recommend ANY processed food products on Induction, personally...

... BUT, that being said (and do have a look in the Introduction and Newbie's Questions Forums, I think you'll find lots of good stuff in there!) most people either use the Keto Milk product or mix up a light concoction of the naturally low carb heavy or whipping cream (or even light cream if not too much) and water and make their own 'milk'.

Hope this helps.
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 10:02

Plan: modified Atkins/Lean for Life
Stats: 257/235/130
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Keto Cookies

I purchased the KETO Italian Style-Vanilla Nut Cookie. They have a nice tase and are good with coffee. But I only want to warn others to pay attention to the cookie if you do not eat it quick.

I purchased some awhile back ( last month) and I do not eat these things on a daily bases, because the package labeling does not state special storage conditions I placed on shelf with regular food. I took one to work with me the other day when I looked at it, it was molded. The wrapper had no visable opening. I looked high and low for a expiration date and storage condition, but nothing. When I contacted the KETO company I got a simple response back, "of a 30 day money back policy just return to place of purchase."

As consumers we need a little more then just take it back. If this has happen to you please complain to the manufacturer. Request adequate information on the package labeling.
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 10:05

Plan: modified Atkins/Lean for Life
Stats: 257/235/130
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Keto Cookies

I purchased the KETO Italian Style-Vanilla Nut Cookie. They have a nice taste and are good with coffee. But I only want to warn others to pay attention to the cookie if you do not eat it quick.

I purchased some awhile back ( last month) and I do not eat these things on a daily bases, because the package labeling does not state special storage conditions I placed on shelf with regular food. I took one to work with me the other day when I looked at it, it was molded. The wrapper had no opening. I looked for a expiration date and storage condition, but nothing. When I contacted the KETO company I got a simple response back, "of a 30 day money back policy just return to place of purchase."

As consumers we need a little more then just take it back. If this has happen to you please complain to the manufacturer. Request adequate information on the package labeling.