Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 10:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 335/185/155 Female 5'8"
BF:37%/35%/34.4%/31%
Progress: 83%

Hey, All! I hope that you had a wonderful weekend! I had a trying weekend on the boyfriend front, but at least I did not turn it into an excuse to binge! Slowly but I am still making progress!

petersn78, 3lbs! WAY TO GO! Also, you are right, it is another day, just full steam ahead!

Skylee, Thanks for the cheerleading Also spinning is cycling class. It is great, but I just started doing this class again after a year and my behind is just now getting use to those butt-killing painful seats YYYYYYYYEEEEEEOOOOOOOUUUUUCCCCCCH!

Skippie, I know what you mean about getting distracted from eating. 80 percent of the time, I have to literally force myself to eat, that is how much my appetite has diminished. (My keto-stix is in the dark purple area and has been pretty much all week now! so I assume that is why.) For a binge-eater, that is great, but it I know I need to keep on top of myself, especially since I am really active.

Here was what I ate Yesterday (Sunday)

meal 1
Banana nut Bread Lean Dessert Protein Shake w/Vanilla Soy slender

meal 2
2 Eggs with shredded chicken, red onion and cheese, topped with salsa

meal 3
Mexican ground beef salad w/ tomato, cheese and diced green peppers

snack
1/2 Haas Avocado smashed with 1 packet of Splenda

Exercise:

Step Class (45 minutes)
Yoga Basics (75 minutes)

Is everyone ready for tomorrows weigh in?! I am excited! I weighed myself last night and was at 199.4!!! I stepped out of the 200's, so I want to see if it has stuck!! Haven't been below 200 since middle school! I am trying to only weigh myself once per week, but gosh darn it, I get so curious!

Note for the day: Pictures and ways to remember your progress
I have pics at home that I am going to resize and post, so me at my highest until now. I have been pretty good at keeping track. I hope you guys are keeping little reminders like that of how far you have come. I have heard believers in tossing away all things that have to do with that "life before", but I am a firm believer that you have to keep a few things to remember your strength, accomplishments and pride. I take photos front, back and side profile. I also keep a few of my clothing items from the past. On days when I get sooo frustrated and feel off track or have slipped a little, I put on the clothing (In my case sweats and sweatshirt and I will wear them around the house or to sleep) It helps me to bounce back into reality and not blow things out of proportion compared to the whole picture. Try it! You will see how silly you look now in all that baggy clothing

Have a great day everyone! We are doing great!

Last edited by Lowcarboli : Mon, Sep-19-05 at 10:43.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 11:32

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi Everyone,
i hope everyones doing great! Lowcarboli thats a great idea! Pictures are good. I keep a skinny picture of me on the fridge. Motivation! Are we going to be having weigh ins? If so should we start a list perhaps? My weight today is 230.. I went to my first power sculpting class today and I lasted the entire hour! I am so proud of myself! My legs so feel like jello though! Thats awesome. Havent ate anything yet but will post it when I do. Posting your food and exercise here is a great idea. Keep you way more accountable than just doing it in your journal
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 13:50
Registered Member

We should keep track of our weights. Everyone le me know what your stats are in a Personal email each Tuesday as well as here and I will post it in my signature each week. Give me the weight last Tuesday as well as tomorrow. I will post them in my sig. Wednesday if you all let me know

See petersn78, I do not have a skinny pic, since I have been big all my life, so it is very exciting to be on my way to being a healthy weight for the first time in my adult life!

I find it always help to find motivation like this in any way possible
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 14:02

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

My mondays weight is what I am going by. It was 233. Wednesday it was 228. Today it was 230. I like Mondays weigh in better than Wednesday because my weight fluctuates or either that hopefully I'll have lost some more by this wednesday.

Food for today-
Breakfast-coffee with cream/splenda
exercise-1 hr power sculpting
lunch-left over chicken mushroom stirfry with caulifried rice
snack-1 nectarine
dinner-finished last of chicken stirfry
dessert-one container of lowfat vanilla yogurt topped with light cool whip
snack-1 apple

Last edited by petersn78 : Mon, Sep-19-05 at 23:26.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-05, 04:38

Stats: 244/226/155 Female 5 Foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

I am down 1 pound for the week.Would love for it to have been more but I am pleased that I at least lost.I have been in a stall the last two weeks so a one pound loss is very welcomed.

Hope everyone has enjoyed the first week of the Biggest Loser Challenge.Now I am looking forward to tonight's show.

Nancy
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-05, 05:25
Registered Member

To be down a pound is feels a lot better than not moving I agree! I know how it feels, I had to battle the same 15 pounds for a few months (hormones...blah!!!) and it was no fun, but when you start swinging the other direction PHEW! So congrats! Keep your head up!

I am getting ready to go to the gym, so I will post later Have a great morning everyone!
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-05, 07:42

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Hi Everyone, Hope you all are having a great Tuesday. My scales have moved again, and this time in the right direction. So my weight for today is.....213.

I'm ready to watch the show tonight.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-05, 08:39
Bound for Onederland

Stats: 239/188/199 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:lil' bit, ok lots
Progress: 127%
Default My 2 cents about the Food Fest on Week 1

Hi everybody!

Last week I was 208 and this week I am at 205. Down 3

I watched the rerun of the first episdode and what really ticked me off about the food fest was that fact that there was no silverwear to use. (at least that is what I remember) I think everybody was using their hands to shovel it in. And that girl LICKING the choclate fondue I really hope they at least paid her money to do that. I was embarrassed for her.

I have a stickey note on the fridge to watch tonight's episode. I Think i like the blonde girl with the glasses so far. And I really like the guy doctor and the fact that he is SO devoted to his family.

Keep up the good woork you losers!
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-05, 21:57

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

We had company for dinner and they didn't leave until 9pm. I missed the whole show. Please share the highlights.
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 04:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I also missed most of the show, saw a little here and there, so interested in hearing more about it too. Our chest freezer deceided to die on us yesterday, so had to run and get a new one, before everything spoiled in it!!
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 07:52
Bound for Onederland

I only saw the last 20 minutes of the show. Katheryn was booted off the show. After she got voted off the said, " I was NOT here to make 6 new best friends". OUCH! I didn't see how she hurt her leg. I also didn't really see what food choices the ladies were making. How could some of them only lose 1 or 2 pounds after working out SO MUCH and only being week 2? Was there CHEATING going on?

Do you think that big metal scale is the offical scale or just for show? The ladies seemed to be standing off to the side. I know I'm a scale fanatic- got to stand in the exact same place. I know at the exact point where i put my big toes!. Plus they weigh at night?? no fair!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 10:11
Registered Member

Hey all!

I am sorry, I had written down all the stats last night for the people on the show, but left it sitting on my dresser. I will post them later tonight or in the morning tomorrow. What is neat is that on the NBC Biggest loser website, you can go to the past episodes and they give you all of these highlights for the show, so if you missed it, you know exactly what went on.
I also did not see how she Kathryn hurt her leg, they did not show it, only that she was injured all of the sudden. Probably from the tough workouts. I would have gotten rid of her also for being injured and for the life of me did not understand the logic of the women sitting out someone that worked out more than her in the weigh-in. I thought that was unwise, but in the end, there was no chance this week for the gals.

Anyway, here is what's up with me. For the Week, I went from 204.6 down to 199.6, so 5 pounds!

Yesterdays meals included:

Meal 1

Eggs and Hamburger
Tea

Meal 2

Chicken Salad

Meal 3

Lean Dessert Protein Shake

Meal 4

Eggs and pumkin sweetened with butter and splenda

Exercise
Upper Body Strength 30 min
Step Class 45 min
Kickboxing 65 minutes

I will post our stats this week, I promise. I have really long days and by the time I read the bedtime story, I am ready to collapse.

Inspiration: Something really nice happened to me today. I was just about to do my cycling class and walked past a familiar face from when I was a part of the gym a year and a half ago ( I went somewhere else for a while) I was walking past her and like any nice person, when you make eye contact with someone, you greet them. She said good morning to me and smiled. She did not recognized me and did a few double takes, then she came and gave me a huge hug with wide eyes that were welling up with tears, telling me how great I looked. She could not believe it.

I say this because we so often shortcut our progress and do not give ourselves enough credit for the things we do. Sometimes other people notice more our efforts than we do because we are busy being too picky and hard on ourselves. Just a reminder to always notice your every little effort and be proud! Keep up the good work everyone! It is a brand new week!
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 11:37
Bound for Onederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowcarboli
Anyway, here is what's up with me. For the Week, I went from 204.6 down to 199.6, so 5 pounds!
Way to go on getting to ONEDERLAND!!!
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 12:57
Registered Member

Scrapbookr Thanksfor the cheerleading. What is so funny is that even though I saw that term "Onederland", it actually took a minute for me to realize what it meant! Like I said, a bit dorky at times. We all deserve cheerleading this week!
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 19:58

Stats: 244/226/155 Female 5 Foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Lowcarboli,
Congratulations on getting to Onderland.Hope to join you there someday soon.

Back in July I ordered some short sleeved tops from Lands End on the Internet.They were too small for me when I tried them on and was so disappointed.I hung them in my closet and told myself that maybe someday I will be smaller and be able to wear them.Someday is today!! I am wearing one as I type this.On a whem I tried one on this evening and to my amazement I was able to wear it.
They are light weight summer tops so I won't get much wear from them now but it will be nice to have some new tops to wear next Spring and Summer.

So as I have found from being able to wear the tops, it's not always the weight you lose but the inches lost seem to be more important in my case.My upper body strength training seems to be working for me too!!

Nancy