Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 22:07

Plan: THM
Stats: 182/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 54%

Yeah...you should see the mess we left over there! Bwuahahahaha!

Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 23:28

Plan: Restarted LCHF 1/22/17
Stats: 288.8/160.2/135 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:66.1%/33.5%/24%
Progress: 84%

Hey all. I did a quickie workout at home today, this afternoon, in between trips to see my dad in the hospital. see my journal if you want the details, i'm too tired to type it all again.

I ate pretty crappy today. Something like 65g of carbs, only 12 of which were fiber. Sigh. Oh well. That's not horrible, even for me. It was the four curly fries at the end there taht got me. LOL.

I'll try to get on here tomorrow. I'll be with my dad most of th eday though.
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-05, 13:55

Plan: LC/hypoglycemic friendly
Stats: 204/207/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:?
Progress: -5%

I thought I'd have ALOT of reading to catch up on when I came back here... but seems there are alot of AWOL challengers!

Sorry I've been AWOL myself. Too busy with school, work, and my children being seen off to school for the fall. There is so much to do to get them off. Get supplies, lable everything, make sure eveyone's uniforms still fit and shop for those who's don't, get lunch food, fill out a million forms, etc! School has been demanding ALOT of time lately also. I work 6:30 am- 5:00 PM everyday. Go to school 5:30- 10:00 pm 2 nights a week. Work in the student clinic on Saturdays and go to class all day Sundays. Whew! The only time I have to study is after 9 pm when my kids are in bed, lunches are made and some laundry is done for school clothes the next day. I am feeling like I'm not sleeping, or eating, let alone exercising. I have to say that the first week of the challenge (and the previous one) I did well. This past week I did nothing. Now I'm sick. Soooo. I am here to vent, and promise as soon as I feel better I will jump back in!!!

Where are all the peeps!?!?!

I agreee with you about the sadness behind the disaster! We have a Chihuahua that was the product of the hurricane that hit Florida last year. He was found wandering the streets... transferred to a "kill" shelter who did not adopt out small dogs, then rescued by the WI Chihuahua rescue before he was put down. He was totally traumatized. Hates men. Distrusts adults. Loves children. He is coming around but I wonder what he saw, experienced and where the child(ren) who obviously loved and treated him well are and if they still think about him/miss him. Recently sent a large group of porta-cribs, bedding, pull-ups, and sleeping bags to the disaster area via donated trucks through a local radio station. Just wish there was more I could do other than donate money-- don't have much of that.

O.K. now that I wrote a novel... hope to hear from some other group members that posted regularly soon!~

Take care everyone-- I'll try and be on every day at least just to check in with you all!
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 07:39
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Wow quiet in here. Scale was down 2 and 1/2 pounds on my weigh in yesterday. Need to get more riding in on exercise bike and the challenge will once again be completed for this week. Everyone seems to be doing well.

If know one is aware, Dennis (exlarge) is on an ATV trip and while he was gone we went and trashed his journal!!! That's what you get when you go have fun!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by golflady59
Wow quiet in here. Scale was down 2 and 1/2 pounds on my weigh in yesterday. Need to get more riding in on exercise bike and the challenge will once again be completed for this week. Everyone seems to be doing well.

If know one is aware, Dennis (exlarge) is on an ATV trip and while he was gone we went and trashed his journal!!! That's what you get when you go have fun!

Have a great weekend everyone!

WTG Donna - 2-1/2 lbs! That's AWESOME!! (Oh, BTW - I sent a "cleaning crew" over to Dennis's place.......lol)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear ya, Dawn, with not getting my exercise in, either! (Grrrr!) Hope whatever bug you're fighting goes away real quick so you can get back on track again! Wow! Your days sound just like mine - non-stop from morning until late evening! How do we do it?!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to try sneaking down to the basement in a bit to get my weights done AND my cardio - then my challenge goals for THIS week WILL be complete! (Thank goodness I kept them SIMPLE! )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone else - Hey! C'mon on in and post how you're doing! Even if it's just to say that you're "walking and breathing"!

#66   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 14:13

Came back to say that my WO's are DONE! Weights are officially 2/2 and cardio is 1/1 -

#67   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 23:30

Plan: Restarted LCHF 1/22/17
Stats: 288.8/160.2/135 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:66.1%/33.5%/24%
Progress: 84%

I've been slacking a bit on my exercise lately. Last friday i missed as i was out of town all day and was just exhausted and hungry when i got back to town. This past week i was so exhausted from being in and out of hospitals iwth my dad that skipped again. Oh well. Still going 3 days a week the past two weeks is better than not going at all right? LOL. Back to normal next week i hope.

Food still good. Dad is doing better. Him and my mom came to Chris's house for a big meal today. My dad hadn't seen the house yet. we had a great day.
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 07:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/142/125 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

sorry for the non-posting...I am still doing well and still cheat free since 9/7/05. Yeah for me!!! I am not weighing in until 9/23/05 and I better see a woosh .

I hope everyone stuck to plan over the weekend!
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 08:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Just checking in! I didn't quite meet my week goal of being on the treadmill 4xweek- I did 3x. However, I haven't been doing any exercise at all until now, so I guess 3x is better than 0x! I got my supplements in about 1/2 the time. So the plan this week is to try again!

Good luck everyone!!!!

Debbie
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 08:38

O.K. Ellen you win; I'm "walking and breathing".

Studying for some exams, still sick, and busier than ever. No excuses though. As soon as I feel better I am going to fit the workouts in... that's the whole idea of this challenge right???

Way to go golflady!! Sounds like you are in the zone again. How are you doing with weekends? Know that's a challenge for many people!

Lately when we go out for dinner I had been eating the chips and salsa at the table, and keeping all else LC. Well it wasn't doing anything for my progress so I am happy to say that the past 3 outings with those at the table I didn't eat a single one! If I can get my exercise going I will be doing well I think.

Take care eveyone! Glad to see a few more posts-- and trashing Dennis's journal seemed like a fabulous punishment for the man taking some fun personal time-- how dare he! he-he! Just kidding of course! But seriously- seeing it made my day-- you guys are too much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 08:39

WTG Stacie on being Cheat Free - that's like...13 DAYS!!!

We'll all be sending "whoosh vibes" your way for Friday!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: Had to come back - while I was posting, a few of you snuck in ahead of me!

ddaniels - Hey! I'M impressed - 3 out of 4 is AWESOME!!

Dawn - LMAO!! Well, if you're at least "walking and breathing", that's ALWAYS a good thing! Once you're feeling better, things will fall back into place - I DEEM IT SO!

Sue - Glad to hear that your dad is doing sooo well!

Last edited by ellen4621 : Mon, Sep-19-05 at 08:53.
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 13:21

Popping in to say that my LBWO is DONE for today!

#73   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-05, 08:35

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi all! Soory to not check in! I've been busy and having fun! Eatting is sucky but exercise is great!
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-05, 12:59

Hey all! Anyone heard from Kim??? She's our exercise expert in the the motivation department and I'm really missing her colorful peppy messages. Hope she's o.k.

Pressed for time but thought I'd check in with you all. Feeling a bit better today-- bet I'll be able to put some exercise back into the days by the end of the week. Eating is going o.k. and I've cut out all caffeine and added water back in well.

I have a mini challenge for you all! Anyone want to commit to a daily ab workout starting Wednesday (9/21/05) and going until next Wednesday-- with 2 days of your choice taken off???
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-05, 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redefine04
Hey all! Anyone heard from Kim??? She's our exercise expert in the the motivation department and I'm really missing her colorful peppy messages. Hope she's o.k.

Pressed for time but thought I'd check in with you all. Feeling a bit better today-- bet I'll be able to put some exercise back into the days by the end of the week. Eating is going o.k. and I've cut out all caffeine and added water back in well.

I have a mini challenge for you all! Anyone want to commit to a daily ab workout starting Wednesday (9/21/05) and going until next Wednesday-- with 2 days of your choice taken off???

No...haven't seen nor heard from Kim in awhile. The last time I "spoke" with her, she was having trouble with what she thought was a toothache, then they went out of town camping (again! lol) and she has NOT been back on here since then - I keep checking her journal every so often, thought I saw her online once, but she hasn't been posting. Yes, I'm becoming a quite a bit concerned about what's going on with her!

Glad you're starting to feel better!

You cut out all caffeine?!?! ARE YOU INSANE WOMAN?!?!?!?! j/k

Oh, and I'll take you up on your mini-challenge! My abs can use the work! LOL Anyone else?

Oh yeah.....I did my cardio today! Was going to go down and do my UBWO but since it's soooo nice out today, I opted to do the shorter version of my walking route instead!