Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-05, 20:47

Plan: Restarted LCHF 1/22/17
Stats: 288.8/160.2/135 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:66.1%/33.5%/24%
Progress: 84%

just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. I've had a busy weekend. I've been begging to be a trainer at work, and they finally let me train someone this weekend. it was fun, i got a good trainee who really wants to learn and stuff. We hung around after work yesterday and talked for a while before i headed down to Chris's house to watch Nascar (my boy is IN the chase for the cup! wahoo! ) Anyway, i trained again today, adn we all hung out for like 2 hours after work talking! So, i have to go study for my test tomorrow now. Phooey

My weight is up to 133 the past couple days. I'm sure it's water, TOM is next week. Yuck. LOL. I have had my caloreis up a little high for me lately (like, just over 2000/day) and i do need to watch that.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 08:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/241/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:Above Avg.
Progress: 28%

Hey everyone,

Looks like we're getting a full house, which is great, we even have some old faces showing up again. And I don't mean you look old, just that we haven't seen you for a while, much like myself.

I'm getting back into the mind set, but I'm going to put it on hold till next week. I've got a "guys only" trip planned for this week and I have a feeling I won't be focused on eating (drinking) right during the trip. We are going to Moab Utah, which is a 4 wheeler heaven. We are taking ATV's and riding for 4 days straight. I'm so looking foward to the break in the everyday routine.

So, I might not be focused on this week, but next week I'll be back at it hard and furious. I will need each of you to keep me honest and working towards the challenge.

Until then, I'll expect you will all set the standards for my return. Catch up with you a little later.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 09:03

Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Well, today is my own first official day starting the challenge and I actually got on the treadmill this morning. This is HUGH for me! So hopefully, now that I've broken through my exercise barrier I'll be able to keep it up for three more days this week, as well as remember to take my supplements!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Debbie
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 11:08

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

EXERCISE done 4 today!
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 12:29

Plan: THM
Stats: 182/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 54%

Add me to the DONE list!!!

#51   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 13:30

BF:

I decided I better change my weigh in from nov 1 to halloween!

Great job on the exercise gang!
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 13:49

Well, i have class today, so Monday is my day off from the gym, so no exercise to speak of for me today. LOL

Ex, you better have fun on that trip! there's so few places we can ride the 4-wheeler here anymore. They crack down on it pretty bad, and it's not worth getting the ticket. I'm jealous.

Talk to eveyrone soon!
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 16:31
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hi fellow peeps! Sorry I have been so scarce lately. Been busy with college and honestly, I had a very rough weekend (lots of cheating) and I was kind of ashamed to come here.

But I am back on track as of this morning. I went to the gym and rode the elliptical bike for.... *drum roll* an hour and 40 minutes straight. I had tons of energy, and it felt so good!

I wish I had the time to go to the gym every day, but honestly, I don't know how I am going to handle it with so much crappy homework to do (some of which I am putting off right now by typing this ).

I haven't been too focused on school this week. I want to be outdoors or at the gym, not stuck in some class room. Oh well, I guess I will have to just suck it up and exercise when I get a chance. Exercising will be my reward for getting my homework done.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 21:24

ARGH! Why does money not grow on trees, at least for some of us?? If i had enough money, i'd head up to Louisiana and start taking in all of these poor animals who've been left behind. I keep seeing these stories on the news, on the net, seeing videos and pictures, and it makes me so sad and angry! Dogs and cats just left to die. These are people beloved pets, and they are forced to leave them behind so they can save themselves! Little kids dogs being taken away while they scream and cry until they make themselves sick being shown on TV. It's horrible!

OK, rant over. Sorry guys, i had to scream a little bit about it. It just sends me right into tears! I wish i could do more. Nothing touches my heart like animals do. I'd give up everything in the world to see them all saved.

My mom made her Beef Burgundy recipe tonight. They non-LCers got rice, i made cauli-rice (chopped up in my little Magic Bullet - i love that thing!). It was SOOOO good. Not very hard or very high-carb either. All that's in it is water, beef bouillion, burgundy wine, mushrooms, onions and chunks of beef. YUMMY! She made me little mini marbled cheesecake "muffins" out of Dana Carpenders book yesterday too! She's so sweet!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 22:23

I hear ya Sue regarding the animals either being left behind to fend for themselves or being taken away to a shelter somewhere. I'd go too if I could - you grab the dogs and I'll grab the cats, 'k?! Anyone up for the more exotic animals? Seriously, it breaks my heart, too.

What I honestly don't think I'll be able to handle is when they start putting the body counts on the news - especially the children and the elderly.....I already know that I won't be able to watch that. *sigh*

Mmmm....your mom's Beef Burgundy sounds great ('cept for the mushroom part - shhhhh)....and so SIMPLE! I LIKE simple!

#56   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 06:10

Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Hi guys!

Well, I got on the treadmill yesterday morning and this morning, and I have to say that the ONLY reason I did it was because I made a public committment on this challenge to do it! Maybe someday I'll love exerise the way so many of you do, but I think that day is a LONG way away!

I think my treadmill-ing would probably be more pleasant if I didn't watch the news while I was doing it. It's just way too of a depressing way to start the day. And I agree, the stories of children and their lost pets are too painful to watch. My daughter is on some list to take in displaced cats, although it is highly unlikely there is anyway to ship these poor animals up here to the northeast. I think tomorrow I'll try to find some sort of light romantic comedy to watch while I exercise!

I hope you all have a good day and stay happy and safe!
Debbie
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 12:38
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Got my exercise bike ride in for today, goes really quick when reading a good book.

Where is Miss Energy Kim at anyway? She is always pumping us up for our exercise. Great job everyone on getting your exercise in.

Now what should we do to Dennis while he is gone?
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 13:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by golflady59
Got my exercise bike ride in for today, goes really quick when reading a good book.

Where is Miss Energy Kim at anyway? She is always pumping us up for our exercise. Great job everyone on getting your exercise in.

Now what should we do to Dennis while he is gone?

WTG Donna! So, what'cha reading?

I don't know where Kim is....the last I heard, she was having trouble with a toothache - sure hope it wasn't something worse, like a severe sinus infection, TMJ, mastoiditis, etc. I keep popping in her journal, but she hasn't been there, either!

Hmmm...as for Dennis....weeelll, we could all go over and TRASH his journal by having a !!! ( )

#59   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 13:54
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Oh I like the idea of trashing his journal, will do that soon! Was reading Demon Rumm by Nora Roberts (I think) no have Black Rose by Nora Roberts! Take care!
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 16:39

BF:

LOL! Trash his journal huh?!
I did my exercise today hating every minute of it! I def woke up on the wrong side of the bed!