Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Aug-21-05, 06:51

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Wow..You are coming down nicely Lisa. Hey..your belly is bigger than your hips (wonder why..LOL) and my hips are bigger than my belly. This appears to make a difference in the BF calculator you use which shows me to be at 34%. Since being on PSMF I have lost a lot of abdominal fat and quite a bit on the waist..not so much on thighs but am still carrying way to much as I am not large boned although wide in the hips..

You are looking good in your photo. You must be pleased!

Val
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 09:19
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Funny thing, perhaps its just where I am at in the weight loss cycle, but when I was on Atkins I didn't see much weight coming off my abdomen. Maybe cutting way back on fat gets that weight off?

Hey, anyone else notice weird symptoms when they have a high-carb free meal? I keep getting a very hard heart beat. Like a pounding heart beat. Its kind of alarming to me. I'd almost equate it with an adrenaline reaction or something.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 11:00

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Funny thing, perhaps its just where I am at in the weight loss cycle, but when I was on Atkins I didn't see much weight coming off my abdomen. Maybe cutting way back on fat gets that weight off?

Hey, anyone else notice weird symptoms when they have a high-carb free meal? I keep getting a very hard heart beat. Like a pounding heart beat. Its kind of alarming to me. I'd almost equate it with an adrenaline reaction or something.

I get the same thing. Rapid heavy heart beat. I have been off PSMF for a few weeks and trying to eat 150 g of carbs a day. Not working. Even though Lyle recommends a minimum of 100 grams, I think I'm more comfortable with 60-100 g per day. The added water weight is enough to make me feel uncomfortable.

I'm going to tweak my macros this week to figure out what works the best. I'm staying at 125 g minimum of protein regardless of other levels, and trying to keep calories at 1500 or (preferably) below. Other than the 2 lbs of water I don't want to start gaining back what I worked so hard to lose!
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 11:16
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Nancy, your measurements look terrific! And so do your's Lisa! Good going!

You all seem to be doing very well. And I agree with Nancy, taking the fat out of my diet is making me much slimmer in the waist and hips, for sure.

Friday-Sunday night's meals were very low carbs, low, low fat, and tons of protein. There was some fat with several Haas avocado's that someone gave me a bag of.... and the marlin dip had mayo in it.. But all in all, my partner was very responsible in planning our weekend meals, sans the fat. (She follows SB diet).

This morning, however, I've been insatiably hungry, and have eaten nothing but protein. Tons of it.

I want to throw a question out to all of you.

Can you give me an idea of what your daily fat intake has been?

Mine varies greatly.. One day it was 20, another day, 88, another day 50... I can't seem to get it real low. Everything has fat in it, according to Fitday, including broccoli!!!

Over the weekend, we made up turkey/chicken burgers and froze for meals, and grilled chicken breasts, in small portions for quick meals. This will make meal selection, easier for me.

Lynne
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 11:39
Experimenter

BF:

Hmmm... I haven't logged my intake in awhile. But most of my fat comes from my 2 eggs in the AM and I have a little low-fat salad dressing at noon. Other than that, the only fat I'm eating is from a couple of drops of seasame oil on my savoy cabbage (with rice wine vinegar) salad. I need to log it and tell you in grams.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the only thing he has against fat is that it carries lots of calories with it. If you're still able to get a big calorie deficit and have a little fat, it isn't the end of the world. At least, that's my interpretation.

I'm using Fitday PC and lots of times they'll give you fat added to broccoli and if you expand the ingredient list you'll find they included a pat of butter in the cooking of it. So I just use the raw broccoli listing.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 12:17
Registered Member

Quote:
Hmmm... I haven't logged my intake in awhile. But most of my fat comes from my 2 eggs in the AM and I have a little low-fat salad dressing at noon. Other than that, the only fat I'm eating is from a couple of drops of seasame oil on my savoy cabbage (with rice wine vinegar) salad. I need to log it and tell you in grams.
you're not counting the fat grams in your protein portions?

Quote:
I'm using Fitday PC and lots of times they'll give you fat added to broccoli and if you expand the ingredient list you'll find they included a pat of butter in the cooking of it. So I just use the raw broccoli listing.
Yes, I use the raw broccoli, and the raw meat quota's from Fitday, because they all say, butter in the cooking. But according to Fitday, raw broccoli has a small percentage of fat.. Isn't that remarkable?
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 12:20
Registered Member

Quote:
you're not counting the fat grams in your protein portions, or you're not eating that much protein?

Quote:
Yes, I use the raw broccoli, and the raw meat quota's from Fitday, because they all say, butter in the cooking. But according to Fitday, raw broccoli has a small percentage of fat.. Isn't that remarkable?

Keeping my caloric intake down has been a great struggle for me. I have a big appetite. It's been hard for me to bring the caloric intake down, unless I skip breakfast, and eat a brunch around 11:30. Also, was surprised to learn that tea doesn't have carbs, while coffee does.

Thanks for getting back to me.
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 12:20
Experimenter

BF:

I know there's a little fat in my chicken too, but most of it comes from the sources I said. Overall my calories were in the 650-850 range.

I suppose it makes sense there is fat in broccoli... I mean, where does vegetable oil come from anyway? But it should be pretty minute! I'll have to plug my numbers in to give you a total.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 13:11

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 182/169.5/150 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:39%
Progress: 39%

I went to Denver this week end and I behaved myself for the most part! I couldnt really do chicken breasts all week-end, so I was doing Lo-Carb/ PSMF. WOHOOOO! I had a free meal on Saturday (buffalo meat and a few bites of a brownie dessert) and I was very proud of myself for NOT turning it into a free day!

I looked at the scale today and got depressed bc apparently, I gained weight this week end. However, Im at work and I just got my TOM so Im hoping its bc Im bloated. I dont want to switch to Flexible Dieting bc I need to prove to myself that I can stay disciplined. If I always binge, then I;ll always be overweight. I did very well this week end and I hope to keep it going.
Lyle said something about checking your body temperature to see if your metabolism is slowing down. Well went I went to Denver this week end, I got REALLY cold. I mean cold when noone else was and it got me thinking. Was this somehting to do with my metabolism slowing down? Im checking the Body Recomposittion site but I was wondering whether anyone might have some imput on this.
Glad to be back and in routine! Cheers everyone for the wonderful progress!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 13:41
Experimenter

BF:

I was a little dismayed to see my temperature was at 97.0 degrees this morning. It's been averaging around 97.4 in the morning. Perhaps I need to take a 2 week break from psmf.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 15:03

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

Quote:
I know there's a little fat in my chicken too, but most of it comes from the sources I said. Overall my calories were in the 650-850 range.

I suppose it makes sense there is fat in broccoli... I mean, where does vegetable oil come from anyway? But it should be pretty minute! I'll have to plug my numbers in to give you a total.

Also, anything that has a cell membrane, either plant or animal, has fat in it since cell membranes are made of fats. So it is impossible to get away from any fat at all, unless you stick to eating rocks and water.

#57   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 18:49

PG,

Do you think your big appetite is physical or psychological? If you tuff it out for a few days, your stomach should shrink so that you feel full more readily. And if you are eating enough protein, this makes anyone feel full. Perhaps you shouldn't be doing PSMF, but FD, and keep the calorie deficit not as huge by eating a bit more fat, such as avocado. I think we all have to tweak things to suit our individual bodies.

Val
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 18:51

Joan, are you doing refeeds? Keep us posted on your macro tweaking and if you are maintaining etc

Val
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 19:18
Registered Member

I ride my bike all over town. Because it's so hot here, I sweat buckets. I'm usually drenched and have drinken 1 liter of water by the time I return home.

I have one more week to work this diet, lose some weight, and shrink my stomach before I leave Florida. I had a good first week. Over the weekend, I ate a lot of avocado and tons of protein. It felt good, and I noticed that I gained a lb over the weekend. I considered the weekend a free weekend. I'm back to the program, and hoping for the same good results. My appetite was incredible today. I couldn't get enough protein.

Tomorrow night I will be riding my bike for about 1.5 hrs.

Val, I believe I read that you go to Curves. Did you get their manual for how to eat? They have a program, low calories for 5 days, high calories for 2 days, etc... They say, this is the best way to shock your metabolism. I found that last week, my calories were up and down. And... I had lost 2 lbs. I'll be doing this again this week.
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 19:34
Experimenter

BF:

Ok, I put in today's meals. It's day after a free meal and I'm not hungry much.

My macros are:

Calories: 400 (a little hard to believe...)
Fat: 17
Carbs: 12
Fiber: 2
Protein: 44 hmmm...

Ok, clearly I'm way low on protein. I thought I was much closer to 100g. I'd better have some CC tonight.

I put in 2 cups of raw broccoli and got 1g of fat. That doesn't seem like much.

Today I had: 2 eggs, 3 oz salad greens with 4 oz grilled chicken breast, 1 bowl of my turkey sausage chili. I'm going to add 10 oz of NF CC because my calorie count is hideously low.