Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 13:47
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Emu!

Welcome,Barb.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 17:25

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 39%

I'm still here...just lurking..feeling too guilty to post what I've been eating
I have gained, but not sure how much...I noticed that when I iron and put creases in my sleeves, that they disappear when I put the dang shirt on!!! That didn't used to happen! SO now, I'm back on track as of Sunday. I still refuse to weigh, as I know it willl send me in a tail spin. I'm GOING to get back to working out as well...anyhoo..I'm so glad everyoen is all here
Blessings
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 05:17
empress of fashion

BF:

Ok, question for you GIers. One thing I really liked about this plan was eating a piece of toast for breakfast. I do believe the whole grain bread has some value in our diet and it was quick and easy. Unfortunately I am ravenous by lunch time. The only way I am not starving is to eat something along the lines of a hamburger (no bun) in the morning.

I'm pretty sure we are only supposed to have the bread in the am, at least according to Montignac. Your thoughts?
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 18:24

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:

Hmmm..yea I noticed that eggs work the best. And I found out today that so do beans! Yep..good old fashioned, home boiled beans. I had some this morn, cause I was too lazy to make anything and I felt full till way past lunch time. Guess it's the protein
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 18:31
empress of fashion

BF:

So does this mean I never get the bread?
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 09:14
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

Hi ladies! Welcome Barb, and welcome back Lobstergal - I'm glad you're better! I've been going nuts with school this week - between parent orientation, cross country practice, guitar lessons, and tux fittings for concert band, I haven't had a minute to myself.

I did drag my butt out and walk today. I've found that no matter what plan I'm on, exercise is just critical for me. Iowagirl, I also had a piece of whole-grain toast this morning (along with 2 sausage patties, which probably wasn't a good choice, and 1% milk). It's 11:00 a.m., and I'm pretty darned hungry right now. I had the toast before my 45-minute walk, and I had a wonderful walk this morning. I don't know if that little carb kicked me in gear or what, but I had incredible energy! I was only going to do 30 minutes, but ended up going 45. My verdict is out on the toast - I'll take the hunger as a tradeoff for the great energy (if that's what caused it)!

I'm not sure what's for lunch yet. Salad maybe? I'm making meatloaf tonight - 2 pounds of ground chuck with seasoning, 1/2 cup oatmeal, egg, and a little milk. My boys love meatloaf, and tonight is the ONLY night that we don't have cross country practice!

Keep your ideas flowing!! You guys help me so much!!!!
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 09:53
Just keep swimming

My kind-of different lunch:

- 2 boca burgers, pan fried with a little olive oil and topped with 1 slice of baby swiss, a little mayo, mustard, a little ketchup, and sliced onion (like a bunless double cheeseburger)
- side dish of leftover green beans

Yum!

I couldn't figure out what I wanted for lunch. I didn't really want to go out and get anything (besides, gas is too expensive to leave the house). I found a box of boca burgers in my freezer and decided to try them. Iowagirl, you must have started me thinking about burgers from your "breakfast burger!"
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 09:59
empress of fashion

BF:

Well allow me to plant another seed.

One of my coworkers brought in a bunch of homegrown tomatoes. I was suddenly craving a blt. Instead, I scrambled a couple of eggs and ate them with bacon, fresh tomatoes and a bit of mayo. It was WONDERFUL.
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 10:08
Just keep swimming

Oh, I would have loved a good sliced tomato for my boca burger!!!!
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-05, 11:11
Just keep swimming

Meatloaf last night - I mixed 2 pounds of lean ground chuck with oatmeal, 2 eggs, a little milk, and one of those seasoning packet things (French's maybe?). It was wonderful - the kids loved it! So, today for lunch I had a meatloaf sandwich on WW bread with a little mayo - ooooohhhh, so good!
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-05, 22:03

Plan: <1250 cal - Flexitarian
Stats: 243/199/130 Female 5'3.5"
BF:57%/Ugh/22%

Hi guys!

I just have to say how much I love the GI/GL plan! I feel so much better not being (feeling) so restricted as to carbs. Yes, one can eat a nectarine and not go to Diet H*ll!

Just a note re: the bread thing. I have found a Low-carb, 100% whole wheat bread. It's called Oroweat (brand) "Carb-Counting" Bread. It's 60 cal / slice and 6 grams net carbs. I use it often with no ill effects. It also comes in multi-grain.

I think Sarah Lee might have a low-carb bread, too. I think the low carb = low GI in the case of bread. Plus, when you eat it with other low GI foods, the GL is low.

BTW, all the descriptions of the meatloaf and boca burgers - you're making me hungry!

Have you ever tried Morningstar Farms veggie burgers? They are really good!
Here's a link to their website.
http://www.kelloggs.com/brand/msfarms/

triplemom - I have to exercise, too. Like every day - if I want to lose even a pound. Oh well, just think how healthy we'll be...

Hey, I was at the bookstore tonight, and I saw a book, I think it was by the guy that helped Oprah lose weight. It said you should eat every 3 hours (he called it the 3 hour diet.) You eat within 1 hour of waking up (to get your metabolism going, so you don't go into fat-reservation mode) then you eat every 3 hours all day, and you don't eat within 3 hours of going to sleep.

I only had the chance to glance at the book, but he said that it was like 300 cal. each meal, 200 cal. for snacks and 50 cal. treats (I didn't get any info on that part), but the total was about 1475 cal a day, and he said you could lose 2 pounds a week. I would bet my life you have to exercise, too, but that's almost what I'm doing now - so I'll let you know.

And also, that may be why, even though you, triplemom, had a good breakfast, by 11 am, it's natural to be hungry again!

I think the plan is to keep the engine running smoothly, so to speak, without all the ups and downs of being super hungry and then overly full. Just eat moderately all day, and just hum along. Sounds good to me - except it's really hard to keep dinner down to 300 cal!

Lobstergal, (glad to hear you're feeling better, BTW) my friend raises Emus (here in AZ)! She says she loves the meat, but I, myself have never tried it. I feel there is enough to choose from without eating those giant birds! (Yet I do enjoy some good roasted turkey - go figure! )

This is an Emu! Isn't he cute? (Well, sort of...)

Last edited by locarbbarb : Thu, Aug-18-05 at 22:22.
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-05, 04:05
Just keep swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by locarbbarb
my friend raises Emus (here in AZ)! She says she loves the meat, but I, myself have never tried it. I feel there is enough to choose from without eating those giant birds! (Yet I do enjoy some good roasted turkey - go figure! )

This is an Emu! Isn't he cute? (Well, sort of...)

Love the picture. That doesn't whet my appetite in the least!
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-05, 04:21
empress of fashion

BF:

The face only a mom (emu) could love.

You know I agree with the idea of eating smaller meals throughout the day but in reality, few people can do it. Who can stop work or leave a meeting or whatever to grab something to eat?
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-05, 17:39
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Pic or no pic, I could still eat an emu.
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-05, 17:46

Plan: <1250 cal - Flexitarian
Stats: 243/199/130 Female 5'3.5"
BF:57%/Ugh/22%

Lobstergal -
Closed Thread