Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-05, 16:34
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

One low fat cheese that is pretty good is Laughing Cow Light. I use it when I am in the mood for cheese. A couple of wedges is good spread on a slice of whole grain toast in the morning or for a evening snack.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-05, 16:39

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 39%

Ohh yes! I just bought some this afternoon. It's so tasty! And I just get the light swiss version. They have other flavors, but I like the swiss real well...so I haven't switched
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-05, 18:51

Plan: calp
Stats: 185/140/130 Female 64"
BF:
Progress:

thanks, Iowagirl. Seeing what other people eat always gives me ideas, and because I'm so dull and boring when it comes to the kitchen. I am not creative, that's for sure. The menus help. Thanks.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-05, 19:59

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 340/324/165 Male 5 feet 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybs
Hey all..that fruit thing might be why my tummy has been so poofy lately. Hmmm...I'd heard that, but I really didn't think it mattered. Well I'll try to keep it limited to empty stomach, but thatd have to be first thing in the morning ONLY. I eat all day But I have noticed that I;m more *ahem* regular...and a bit more gassy as well...sorry for being gross.
And as far as the combining, I tried to fig it out, but really, who has the time to do that?!?!?
I'll keep posting when I find my stride...haven't found it just yet, and I;m still not weighing...couldn't pay me to get on a scale right now!
Well I'll chat it up later

The reason you are feeling gassy is because you were on atkins which cut down your carbs extremely. Going back up to moderate level of carbohydrates will shock your stomache and give you extreme bloating and gas ( not to mention you will gain back all of your water weight because atkins has a dieuretic effect on the body). I also experience this during my planned cheat days. No worries though, the feeling will go away just keep trecking forward.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-05, 20:20
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

OK today's eats were as follows:

one peach

one slice whole wheat toast plus 100% fruit spread
non fat/sf yogurt (sweetened with sf syrup, cinnamon and a tablespoon of unsweetened applesauce)
coffee

taco salad

pumpkin seeds

zucchini (sauteed in olive oil, topped with parmesan)
one tomatoe
one cup brown rice

cottage cheese ("doctored" like the yogurt was)
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-05, 21:23
empress of fashion

BF:

Hey - where'd everybody go?

Today's menu:
one peach
egg salad (two hard boiled eggs, mayo)
one slice of whole wheat toast

salad with ranch
chicken breast, grilled

lentil soup
raw cauliflower
yogurt

handful of cashews

I have to go to bed now - the rest of that can of cashews is looking very good.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-05, 22:56

Stats: 233/201/190 Female 5 feet 11 inches
BF:waytoomuch
Progress: 74%
Default So Relieved

Despite a few of the short tern "side efeects" of switching from Atkins to GI..........am so friggin relieved to finally eat the way "I know is right", I could never wrap my head around the fact that I couldn't have whole grains and fruit with Atkins..........felt deprived. I know this GI WOL is absolutely the key to healthy living! Not to mention the addition of beans!...."beans, beans, the musical fruit........" hahahhah enough said!
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 06:14
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

If anyone is interested I found a GI Diet email suopport group on Yahoo groups.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/gi_diet_support/
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 06:39
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

Thanks for the site Lobstergal, I'll have to check that out.

Yesterday was crazy - hauling teenagers around all day. I'm trying to remember what I ate....

B - scrambled eggs and a glass of skim milk

L - leftover chicken and cole slaw (no sugar)

S - half of a Balance Bar

D - Bojangles chicken - I made the best of this one - took the breading off the chicken and had the Cajun pinto beans with 1 tablespoon of rice! Not the best choice.....

I still haven't been to the produce stand - I need to get some fruit and some "real" tomatoes - not those waxy grocery store kind!
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 07:07
empress of fashion

BF:

Triplemom, I know what you mean about the tomatoes - I rarely eat them at a restaurant or from the grocery store, they just don't taste like the fresh ones.

Had oatmeal this morning (slow cooking kind). Messed up the directions (hey it was early) and ending up with a very LARGE bowl. Next time I'll wake up before I start cooking.
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 07:32
Just keep swimming

Iowagirl, I love your Fred Allen quote! I'd love to send most of my coworkers on a long walk right now! Grrrr. Long story.

Do you find that oatmeal really stays with you? I haven't made oatmeal in ages.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 07:48

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 39%

Ok...I've been sticking to it...but I think I;m over doing it with the nuts seeds. I;ve had cashews galore! And I got some trail mix that is mostly sunflower seeds and raisins...and some other stuff. But its good. I've also been very good with the workouts. I;ve worked out every day this week. And the gass has passed ... so to speak The fruit first thing in the morning is way better than later with other stuff.
So here's my eats for today:

AM - Grapes coffee w/ milk
B - Kashi Go Lean w/ milk, almonds and cashews
L - BBQ Chicken (dry) cabbage and greens
D - not sure...going to a friends house

I should be going swimming at the friends house as well...that's always a good workout. And I did 4/2 (jog 4 mins, walk 2mins) for 30 minutes this morning. That's got me all reved up and ready to finish the day.

Looks like everyone else is doing great. Keep up the good work and have a safe and wonderful weekend!
Blessings
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 08:10
empress of fashion

BF:

I'll let you know how the oatmeal goes. So far so good.

I usually work out every other day. Anyone else exercising? What do you do, Sybs? I like weight training, aerobic workouts bore me to tears.

Trail mix! I'm afraid I'd have no control with trail mix. Can't eat just one raisin.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 09:03
Just keep swimming

Iowagirl, you got me on the peaches! I finally went to the produce stand and they had the biggest, juiciest peaches I think I've ever found! I had a half of one for my snack (it was HUGE) and ate it on an empty stomach. I can't wait until lunch - I bought some really nice looking tomatoes and some zucchini and broccoli. I'll probably fix a big salad with all my vegetables and some sort of protein on top -maybe turkey - with vinegar and olive oil dressing. I don't have a clue what's for dinner tonight....will worry about that one later.

Sybs, I'm impressed with your exercise! I've been TERRIBLE about working out. I had been walking pretty regularly, but it got so darned hot! It's supposed to be in the mid and upper 90s this weekend. Of course, it doesn't phase my 15-year-old who starts official cross country practice in a week and has been out running every day. Did I mention that I'm a wuss? I did pull my rebounder out a few days ago and have been bouncing on it - at least it's indoors!
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 09:10
empress of fashion

BF:

I have a rebounder, too! Its a great workout.

I found my peaches at a fruit stand as well, Triple. Sadly, I ate the last one, yesterday. (mind if I join you?) Our weather has been desperately hot and dry (prediction - 104 on Sunday) so I'm afraid the fresh produce will be hard to come by, soon.
Closed Thread