Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 09:53

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink Good to hear it's working for you!

Wawtigress and SAMTigress,
It's so cute to see you both on here. I'm glad you found a plan that you like. Will check in to see how it goes. Am interested in how this plan works...it sounds do-able. The book I read, "How I Gave Up My Low Fat Diet and Lost 40 Pounds!" by Dana Carpender listed this plan in her book also. Sometimes I use it's ideas if I know I am going out to dinner. You just have to make sure and plan ahead and watch your carbs in the breakfast and lunch---and not snack. I like having that flexibility. Fran McCullough's "Low-Carb Cookbook" suggests that it is better to eat the carbs in the morning, because your body can handle it better. So...I keep learning! Good to hear from you two and Kezza too. Victoria
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 13:53

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Victoria about CAd/CALP

I picked up both books and read . you are not to have carbs in the breakfast or lunch meal except for the green veggies. then at dinner you must eat the entire meal at one sitting including dessert in one hour or less. not one minute past. It has to do with the insulin your body produces.you'll lose about 1-2 lbs. a week ,the same as atkins after the induction. so I enjoy the one meal of anything i want under there guidelines and no artificial foods.You have to discipline yourself but I don't get hungry between meals and it is easy to follow. Just don't binge out.You'll really need to read the book to get the concept. And you need to weigh yourself everyday and record then average at end of week . this gives you an exact weight loss with the daily ups and downs . If all goes well at the end of Sunday and the 2 week entry period , I will have lost 2 lbs to go with the 10 from the 4 weeks on atkins with all the first few days and nothing afterward. so we'll see. Wawtigress
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 17:30

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 260/195/140
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default CAD

I've been on CAD for 6 months. I have lost a total of 65 pounds.
It works for me. Good luck.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 06:58

BF:
Default Hi Dreamreh

Hi, glad to hear your on CAd and doing so well. Please let us hear from you . Would like to know what foods make up your meals ,etc.I'm starting to hear from other people on this diet and that's great. It sounds like you are doing a little different to have lost so much so fast, give us a hint.PLEASE.Wawtigress
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 07:19

Plan: CALP
Stats: 286.65/254.3/165
BF:
Progress: 27%
Smile Hi guys

It was good to get those replys.
I'm determined to do CALP properly untuil the end of January because how can I judge something if I haven't given it a fair chance?!!
Thanks for the encouragement, Wawtigress.
And WOW, dreamah...65 pounds in 6 months...that is inspiring!!

I'm so glad this low-carb website has room for all different low-carb diets because it has made a big difference to me to have the emotional ( and humourous) support from like- minded people. Just because I have changed eating plans it does not mean anything. Everyone is just as supportive. YAY!
Hope everyone on CAD and CALP are going well and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
see ya
kezza
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 07:29

BF:
Default Hello eveyone

Hope everyone had a nice holiday and now ready for business of losing weight. I love this diet . I don't feel like I'm on one. It suits me perfectly and one I can live with for a long time.Keep up the good work and lets go. Wawtigress
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 13:27

BF:

wawtigress,
I have not done anything different than following the Heller's Carbohydrate Addict's Healthy Heart program. This is their most recent book. I also go out to dinner once a week and don't worry about having the correct portions. This has been working for me. The food I eat at home is pretty simple. Eggs, turkey burgers, chicken, fish, tuna, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, and lots of salad. My carbohydrates are usually potatoes, rice, or corn. I hope this helps. Good luck.
Dreamreh
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 05:32

Plan: The Atkins Diet, CAD and CALP
Stats: 260/242.1/235
BF:
Progress: 72%
Question Curious...for good reason

Dreamreh -- Hi. I'm WAWT's daughter. I've been doing Atkins since November 30th, and have recently been reading up on CAD. I've also been incorporating it into my diet -- my mom is sending me the books. I see from your info that your start weight and mine are exactly the same, as is your goal weight. Laying aside the fact that everyone is different, I was curious to know how long it has taken you to get where you are now -- 203?? I am currently at 247. I just thought it may give me a realistic veiwpoint of how long it may take to reach the 200 mark. Thanks for your input and happy LCing. God bless.

#24   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 06:53

BF:
Default Dreamah

Do you have dessert with your reward meal or just ocassionally. I try to have something each night so I don't feel deprived . so far no weight gains.Keep up the good work.Wawtigress
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 13:01

BF:
Default CAD

Hi SAMT and WAWT,
I'll try to answer both of your questions at the same time. I very rarely eat desserts. Sweets were never my downfall. Give me fast food or junk food any day. The diet has pretty much eliminated my desire for those things. I have to admit that Christmas was a little hard. I did eat sweets that day. I knew I was going to do that ahead of time. I returned to my WOE the next day.

I began this WOE on June 26. I reached 203 at approx. 5 months into it. I have lost more and am about 195. I don't weigh that often. I was surprised how the weight kept coming off. It is really slowing down now though. Which is o.k. If you are wondering if I exercise the answer is NO. I know I need to start but that is one thing I keep putting off.
Talk to you later.
Dreamreh
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 00:42

Plan: CALP
Stats: 286.65/254.3/165
BF:
Progress: 27%

Dreamah,
thanks for writing down some more details of you VERY SUCCESSFUL experience with CAD.
It is interesting that you don't have dessert much.
I wonder if that has sped up the weight loss.
Right now , I'm enjoying the desserts with my Reward Meal ...BUT I am finding I can hardly fit dessert in by the time I eat the correct amount of salad/ veges/ protein!!
So I had thought that in a few weeks when the novelty of eating dessert has worn off I would probably only indulge a few times a week. (That's the plan at this stage!!)
Dreamah, you listed the things you eat.What do you usually eat for breakfast?
Great to hear you are losing weight too, wawtigress !!
see ya
kezza
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 06:10

Plan: The Atkins Diet, CAD and CALP
Stats: 260/242.1/235
BF:
Progress: 72%
Cool Thanks for the info...

Hi everyone.

Thanks Dreamah, for the information. I really appreciate it. Your success is wonderful. Keep it up.

I need to work on a few things on my end to get my sweet tooth under control, but I can honestly say, "its not as bad as it use to be." I also need to finish reading the CAD books.

I would love to wake up 6 months from now and be where you are, but I'd settle for just being slimmer/lighter than I am right this moment.

Thanks again for the input. God bless.

#28   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 06:31

BF:
Default dreamah,kezza and Samtigress

Good to see all of you are coming to the forum often. Helps to talk to others about our weight problems. I just left the atkins lcer and thought , It is so nice to eat regular food in place of mock danish ,etc. And to look forward to a few lbs a month lost and still eat good food. My portions are way down lately and I hope to eventually lose the sweet tooth but as long as I can lose and have dessert(small) then it is okay. That's why most of mine is in the form of muffins. That takes the place bread and serves as dessert. Also I still love sugar free jello and it is an nice end to a meal and the only artificial sweetner i have now.I'm down to 187 this am. and hope to keep it moving.Happy Weight Loss to all and talk to you later. Wawtigress
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 11:59

BF:
Default Keeza and Wawtigress

Hi Keeza,
My breakfast varies. Here are some examples: Scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, cucumbers or celery (this is usually my weekend breakfast)......Celery with either cream cheese or semi-soft cheese (Laughing Cow )........turkey burger (cooked on my George Foreman grill) with cheese and either cucumbers, celery. or leftover vegetables from the night before. As I said before, I like to keep it simple (it keeps me out of trouble..LOL)

I hope this will help.

Hi wawt,
Congratulations on your new weight. Keep it up.

Happy, healthy NEW YEAR to all of you.
dreamreh
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 05:56

BF:
Default hi everyone

I can't believe this is a diet.I'm enjoying it so much and it is easy NOT to Cheat.I stepped on the scales this am. for another l lb off.I pray when my daughter gets the books I sent her, she can twick her's and start with those steady weight losses.Have a great day.Wawtigress