Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-01, 21:53

Plan: atkins/No Dairy
Stats: 194/148/134
BF:
Progress: 77%

This is the easiest program to eat out with..... I agree that most restaurants are aware of the vast numbers of people into the lc thing....
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-01, 23:47

Plan: Atkins Diet w/ a twist
Stats: 200/177/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Cool congratulations

Sounds like you are doing great !!
Keep it up

Kass
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 20:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206/194/130
BF:
Progress: 16%
Unhappy hello everyone sorry its been so long

Well were to start

I have messed up pretty bad lately!! There has been alot going on. But I am determened to start up again!!Thank you all for writing to me. It is my inspiration to get back on track. I have gained 3 pounds. But I think I have learned that it was not worth it. I will write you guys soon.

Bye
Amanda
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 20:59

BF:
Smile Hello

Hello

OK ... I am sorry that last message was kinda sad and down. I am doing good I am more determened than ever! I am going to do this!!! I will talk to yall later. Thanks for the support It's helped me alot.

Bye
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 02:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/126/119
BF:
Progress: 75%
Smile Welcome back!

Hi Amanda!

I wanted to welcome you back to the site & wish you luck. Also- so you gained 3 pounds? But you're still less than your start weight! I know it can be discouraging when you gain weight, as it's happened to me too, but if you've 'only' lost 9 pounds in total, that's still fantastic!!

Do you get much support away from this site? From your previous posts it doesn't look as if you do. I found that criticism started to die off as my weight started to drop off, and I think people can tell I'm determined. Have you started a journal?

I like reading your posts as you seem so cheerful all the time, so I hope you'll stick around!!!!

Take care

Daisy

#21   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 06:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/low sodium/no sugar!
Stats: 155/140/130
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Welcome Amanda!!

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your positive posts. It's particularly helpful on a busy Friday morning to read something positive. I've been on Atkins since August 2001. The cravings for bread, fruit, and other foods which trigger me to overeat have left. I got through the Thanksgiving Day holiday and didn't crave all the food that was available. Hope to continue with that reaction. Your positive outlet and sucess with the program is helping me alot! Way to go!!!

Jan
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 09:59

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hey Amanda

Glad to hear U are doing well. Just rememeber we all mess up at times. Just come here and read and post lots and U will stay on track. The holidays are hard...food---drink---over indulgence...but the new yr isnt too far away..lol!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 13:46

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default You can do it Amanda!

Hello Amanda and Hi all!

Sounds like you are right back on track and doing a great job. Just think about those setbacks as little lessons that reaffirm you new WOL. You deserve to feel good about yourself. And more importantly you never need to feel like your doing this alone!

Were cheering you on all the way.

Take care and hang in there!

Bsayne

Sorry all...lost the next post in the auto disc and them up it came again.

Last edited by bsayne : Fri, Nov-30-01 at 13:53.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 13:50

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Hang in there Amanda!

Hello Amanda and Hi all!

Just look what you started Amanda! LOL! Stay positive you are doing so much better than your giving yourself credit for. Just think about what you would have done previous to your new WOL.

My wonderful HB doesn't practice the program either. It is so hard not to take over his food but I know when he's away he'll eat whatever he wants so it really has to be up to him. I just kinda roll my eyes when he suggests something I can't have like yesterday, a RB Float! Hello, Houston we have a problem! Actually with some planning I probably could, you know diet RB and Sugarfree LC Ice cream. What's the opinion on set backs from these new LC Ice Creams. Besides the wallet that is! I guess I could make my own! Sorry purists I know some of you hate it when we explore these substitutes. But as long as it doesn't trigger or set you way back is it really all that bad? Otherwise it's not really a WOL if you can't live with it, is it. I am NOT whining.

(We're with you all the way Amanda.)
Bsayne

Last edited by bsayne : Fri, Nov-30-01 at 13:57.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 14:24

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%
Default Hi Amanda!!

You are doing fantastic!! The drop of lbs is much more rewarding than the "illegal" foods--- don't you think??
And when people start to notice the weight loss without being told---- that will be the icing on yuor imaginary cake !!

I went to luch with a girlfriend 2 days ago--- we decided to get grilled chicken on a salad. The salad had fried (canned) potato sticks in it, tons of carrots--- and I forget what else that we picked out of our salads before we could eat!!!

From now on, I'll ask questions about everything before I order out.
Ellie
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 18:38

BF:
Red face Hello all

Hello Hello

Let me explain why I was a little down..Me and my hubby are seperating. And It is my decision but it was still a bummer. I am doing great now I moved in with my mom for now she is also on the atkins diet she is doing alot better than me. She has more will power...hehehe But I think I can gain from her strength. I have doon well since I have left. Not as depressed al the time. Feel determened to lose the weight. I want to thank everyone that wrote me. Things have been kinda upside down lately. So I apoligize for not writing often. I will be writing alot more..till then

\
Bye
Amanda
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 21:50

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hello Amanda

Im sorry to hear about your problems. I wish I had some answers for U but I dont...all i can say is that I will be here aswell as many others when U need support. Huggggs!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-01, 19:59

BF:
Smile Thank you

Thanks for your support

I am doing fine. I hope everyone else is also. I am doing good eating wise as well. Well it is kinda late so I am going to keep it short today. Thank you all.

Bye
Amanda