Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 18:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206/194/130
BF:
Progress: 16%
Smile Hello.....How is everyone today?

Hello Everyone ......My name is Amanda I am 23 years old and ready to be fit. I have always been over weight but it got real bad after I had my son and got married.I cant stand to look at my self in the mirror anymore.I want to feel good about myself again.. and so far I am doing good I have lost 8 pounds so far. And I am proud of myself,I have not felt that in a long time. I have to say it is hard I crave sweets..not all the time but when my hubby eats them it just kills me. But I am staying strong and I just go some where else when he eats sweet stuff or bread. Well I guess that is about it for now.

Thanks,
Amanda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 19:18
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello Amanda,

You will reach a point where you are so comfortable with your new WOE that you won't have to leave the room when carbs are present.

Welcome to lowcarb.ca!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 20:17

BF:
Default Thanks

Thank you Karen I am sure you are right about it becoming easier.I can see by how much you have lost that this is a good WOL. Thank you for your support

thanks,
Amanda
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 20:24

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default Hi Amanda

At 1st I to did crave sweets, pasta etc. But I have been on atkins for 7 months now and at goal weight for the last 2 months and now all the sweets and pasta in the world dont bother me...lol. I do admit when I am real hungry I sometimes would love to grab some carbs however as soon as I fill up on my protein-fat I am full and satisfied. I am glad U said U are feeling better. Just hang in there and a couple months from now U will feel fantastic!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 20:49

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 160/154/130
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile Welcome!

Hi Amanda,

Welcome!! You're in for a treat here!! This place will see you through the beginning and well past your goal. It's the right place to be!!

You're doing great!! Check out the journals they're great!! Also check out the "what's your motivation?" thread in the Daily Low Carbs area. Now there are great motivations there!!!

Again Welcome,

DesertRose
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 09:15

BF:
Thumbs up hello

Hello again
Thing's are going good.I have stayed strong... I must admit it is getting easier to resist sweets. I have lost 12 pounds so far. It's exciting to see results. I have also lost 12 inches. Thank you all for your support its helped alot. Well i have to go to work right now. I will start my journal this weekend.
Bye for now
Amanda
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 10:55

BF:
Default great job amanda

WOW 12 pds and 12 inches!!! Keep going girl U are doing fantastic
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 09:42

Plan: atkins/No Dairy
Stats: 194/148/134
BF:
Progress: 77%

well done amanda....keep up the great effort
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 17:20

BF:
Unhappy my true test

Well lets see... I went out to eat with 4 people that just dont care how much they weigh last night.. They ordered BBQ riblets and all kinds of mouth watering things and I will have to admit that i ate some but i stoped my self. When i relized that food was not everything, I stopped and just waited for them to get done. It was the hardest thing i think I have done in a long time. But I am determened to make this work for me! I am going to start working out today, thats something I have not done in a long time. My mother has helped me so much. this is here WOL also.
I probley would have blown it to be honest if it wasnt for her. And also if it wasnt for this page.Thank you all so much for helping me!!

Bye

Amanda
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 17:28

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%
Default Re: my true test

Quote:
Originally posted by Amanda
Well lets see... I went out to eat with 4 people that just dont care how much they weigh last night.. They ordered BBQ riblets and all kinds of mouth watering things and I will have to admit that i ate some but i stoped my self. When i relized that food was not everything, I stopped and just waited for them to get done. It was the hardest thing i think I have done in a long time.
Amanda

Every time you do, what you did at that dinner, you will get tougher and stronger and it will get easier and easier and before you know it, you will be at your goal.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 18:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/174/135 Female 5ft 3in
BF:(Postpartum)
Progress: 40%
Default Don't torture yourself!

Hey Amanda - You are doing so great. Good job girl! It's hard to "be on a diet" around unsupportive people, but it is harder to not like what you see when you look in the mirror . I felt the same way. Even looking in the mirror fooled me more than looking at photographs. I look like THAT![/I[I]] ?!

My advice to you is not to torture yourself. If you are with people who must order something not good for you - order something you CAN eat. A lot of the buffalo wings and riblets you might be able to have if you LEAVE OFF THE SAUCE. It has to be a special request to the kitchen, and most waiters will think your nuts, but it may keep you from going nuts!

Good Luck!
mb
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 20:45

Stats: 205/187/165
BF:
Progress: 45%
Question Understanding all those acronyms

Hi everyone and Welcome to Amanda,
Good luck. I have a question. You are always using acronyms like LOL and I wonder what they all stand for. Is there a sight that has like a dictionary of terms used? I wanna talk your language too.

Gigi
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 20:50
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: Understanding all those acronyms

Quote:
Originally posted by gigi
Is there a sight that has like a dictionary of terms used? I wanna talk your language too.

Hi Gigi,

Yes, click on Tips from the menu above, and there is a summary of all those acronyms.

Wa'il
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-01, 10:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/218/140
BF:
Progress: 13%

Thank you Amanda...Maybe you don't realize, but you are my support as well...Love you kid...and DRINK YOUR WATER...LOL
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-01, 20:48

BF:

Eating out can be tricky. I have been to lots of restaurants since being in this WOL. I either order chicken ceasar salad, or dried pork ribs, chicken wings or a big steak. I have no problem telling the waiter exactly what I want. It is their job to get me what it is I order. If U had a really bad allergy nobody would question why U need to eat a certain way or if U were an alcoholic nobody would expect U to have a drink. I treat my condition like I have a carb intolerance and if anyone asks I will tell them. The last time I was out for dinner, I ordered prime rib and ceasar salad no croutons. I told the waitress to not bother bringing the potatoe and then I asked what other veggies were being served. She looked at me and said " are U on Atkins?" Yes I replied. Well she had a big smile and said " coooooool me too!"