Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 08:25

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

What are you eating Jules? If you post what you are eating, then we'll be able to help you out better... also, I, too am an emotional eater but I've recently been able to THINK about what I'm doing and just drink water or have some sf jello or chew some sf gum!

If you're staying on induction and if you are very anal about it, you'll lose in no time.... But you have to be sure you're drinking PLENTY of water. I go to the bathroom AT LEAST once an hour just to tell you how much I drink. But that is KEY, KEY, KEY to success doing Atkins.

GL!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 09:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/191.8/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

I am drinking lots of water and probably pee more often then every hour...LOL.
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs.
Lunch: 2 cups salad, 1 tbsp ranch dressing, grated cheese (small handful)1/2 baked chix breast, crystal light
Dinner: 1 1/2 hamburger patti with onion slices, 1 can grean beans and water, water, water!
I went to the gym and did 15 minutes on the elyptical and 20 minutes on the bike. I think I burnt a total of 300 calories. I didn't make it the full hour because I was wiped out from doing an hour on the elyptical (burnt 600 calories) the night before! Not sure if I am going to the gym tonight feeling too pooped to pop.
So does it sound like I am doing OK? I haven't read the Atkins book but I did look up induction and printed that out. Any tips I should know or big "No-no's?" I don't want to sabatoge myself.
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to check on me...you have no idea how much that means to me, I don't have a support system here.
Jules
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 09:26

BF:

OH, I know what it means to get support and motivation, trust me. It's really a key to succeeding!

Your menu sounds PERFECT to be honest... as long as you keep it below 20 carbs and all induction-friendly foods AND plenty o' water, you'll be losing in no time....

How long have you been doing this again?
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 09:27

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

I am not on Atkins, but I do SBD. i do have a tip for you though. Don't drop out if you have a bad day or week or month. The only way to achieve any goal is to keep on keeping on. If you have a bad day just pick yourself up and start all over again. Hope this helps.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 10:23
roll on the weekend!

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 208/174/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome to the wonderful world of the forum - hope you find all the help and support that you need. Its a great place to swap ideas and make friends for life - I wouldn't be without this place now!

Have fun and good luck with everything! xx
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 10:41
Registered Member

BF:

Christina,
I am trying to keep it at the 20 carbs but I am not sure exactly how you measure the amounts, just kinda eyeing it. I started the Atkins yesterday and started exercising the day before.
Is it bad to have canned veggies? I had one whole can of green beans for dinner mixed with a hamburger patti and some onion? I can only afford to go grocery shopping once a month so having fresh veggies is always not an option for me.
PS. I put you on my buddy list but I don't know how to access it or if I even can because I am new? Anyway I think it's cool talking to you and everyone's support for that matter! You guys actually give me something to look forwards to.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 10:45
roll on the weekend!

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 208/174/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Jules
Check out the carb content on the tin - I have found that a lot of canned stuff contains carbs. I do still have them though as there are a few that are low carb. Stick to lower carb veggies such as cauliflour - buy them in fresh at the start of the month and then freeze them in little blocks so you can just eat them when you fancy it.
You need to make sure that you check the content in a lot of things as there are hidden carbs everywhere.

Good luck x
  #23   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 14:47

BF:

The only canned veggies I'll have are green beans and I think the whole can is 6 carbs after fiber... I buy a lot of frozen veggies: whole green beans, broccoli, cauliflower -- especially when they are on sale. I do buy fresh occassionally, but only if have something planned or it goes to waste (but that's coz I live alone).

I don't know anything about the buddy list or the chatting ... all of my communication is done in these threads and in journals.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 20:03
Registered Member

BF:
Default Dinner was filling

Today food intake
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs and 8 oz crystal light.
Lunch: Salad with cheese, 1tbsp ranch dressing and half a chicken breast, crystal light and water.
Dinner: about 1 1/2 cups ground hamburger seasoned with chili powder, onions and olives. I put that over a cup of salad with a little bit of cheese and put some salsa over the top, crystal light and water.
It was yummy and I am stuffed! Not too shabby for trying to concoct something good to eat for dinner. I feel pretty good so far and haven't been tempted to cheat. I hope that I can have the will power that I see many of you do on here!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, May-20-05, 09:13
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

OK, day three on induction. So far so good! I had 2 eggs with 2 slices of chicken and water.
I am feeling pretty good and still have not been tempted to cheat and all the gals at work today brought muffins and juice...akkk! "I will not be tempted, I will not be tempted"!
It's payday here for me so I plan on getting some fresh and frozen veggies and lots of chicken and other meats. I am going to go to the gym tonight and attempt to do another hour on the elyptical machine.
I need some easy ideas for lunch that are simple but filling...anyone have any?
Have a great Friday everyone!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, May-20-05, 09:22

BF:

I buy cans of tuna in bulk from Costco or Sam's Club and leave them at work. Then, at the beginning of each week, I bring in some mayo and lc bread and cheese and leave it in the fridge all week and have tuna with mayo nearly every day. Quick, cheap, easy, tastey, and all legal induction!
  #27   ^
Old Fri, May-20-05, 11:10

Stats: 278/268/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:
Default New to Atkins

Hi everyone. I Have just started and the first few days were the worst all I kept thinking about was all the stuff I couldnt have. My husband told me last night he said yeah but think instead of the the foods you can have. I am very thinkful that I have someone in my house to give me that support. So here I go into week two. Everyday is a battled but I now have the tools and support to make it through. My heaviest was 278. I was so depressed I hated my self. After I had my daughter I weighed 180 and stayed home the first year. I just blew up fast. I still cant beleave I didnt notice how big I was getting. I am now back at work and want to have more kids but not utill i get some weight off.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, May-20-05, 11:27
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 183/173/135 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Hi Jules! I started Induction on Wed also and you and

I seem to be eating about the same things.....one thing I eat for lunch is tuna made with Hellman's mayo and boiled egg and put that over salad greens. Also, snacking is hard for me to not do so I bought some string cheese and have that.

I am being really, really strict on induction and do find that today has been my hardest day in the cravings. But, you know what, I WILL do this, I CAN do this!!!!!

Good luck to you!!
  #29   ^
Old Fri, May-20-05, 13:09
Registered Member

BF:
Wink Thanks for the tips!

Hello Christina, Christine and Fairy!
First, thanks for the tips! Christine and Fairy I want to wish you both off to a good start...I am new to this place also and I am absolutely LOVING LC!!! Awesome peeps, wonderful words of wisdom and tons of tips, recipes, etc. Heck, I think this is better then going to a place like weight watchers (don't take offence, I am not knocking weight watchers) because the people here are great, you don't have to get on a scale in front of them and they ACTUALLY care because they are walking in the same shoes as us and they are open 24/7! Both of you feel free to keep in contact with me or even write to my E-mail: poetryjules~yahoo.com. I know that coming here each day has made a world of difference for me and I so look forwards to people responding to my posts. I may not be turning heads but I feel popular turning the pages here LOL!
hope to hear from you soon.
P.S. How do you get the ticker factory weight thingy to display in your posts?

Last edited by jules37 : Fri, May-20-05 at 16:25.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, May-21-05, 00:39
Registered Member

BF:
Default Made it through the 3rd day!

Just got back from the gym. I did an hour on the elliptical machine and burnt 600 calories.
For dinner I had a Ceasar Salad from Burger King and some crystal light and 24oz of water. I really hope I see some progress when I weigh myself on Sunday!