Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 08:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/262.5/170 Male 5 feet, 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

Mykelogan, I had a recent breakthrough at Six Flags over Texas myself. I fit EASILY in all the rides--no discomfort at all. Regular-sized strangers didn't even think twice about sitting next to me if I was alone on a two-seater.

Also, the sheer ENERGY I had all day. Everyone in my party got extremely tired about midday, barely walking up hill. They "hissed" at me as I outpaced them just doing a regular walk. I had to keep looking behind me to make sure I didn't lose them. Also, when I was bored, I started jumping up on elevated walls or park benches--basic horse-play. I enjoyed every minute!

Another thing I noticed was the lack of "bad" looks from girls as I walked by. I finally felt normal.

Keep at it, folks! It's worth it!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 18:07

Plan: Whole30 (Paleo)
Stats: 600/253/225 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDman
Mykelogan, I had a recent breakthrough at Six Flags over Texas myself. I fit EASILY in all the rides--no discomfort at all. Regular-sized strangers didn't even think twice about sitting next to me if I was alone on a two-seater.

Also, the sheer ENERGY I had all day. Everyone in my party got extremely tired about midday, barely walking up hill. They "hissed" at me as I outpaced them just doing a regular walk. I had to keep looking behind me to make sure I didn't lose them. Also, when I was bored, I started jumping up on elevated walls or park benches--basic horse-play. I enjoyed every minute!

Another thing I noticed was the lack of "bad" looks from girls as I walked by. I finally felt normal.

Keep at it, folks! It's worth it!

That is AWESOME!!! Big congrats to you and I cannot wait til I can do the same!!
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 19:29
BACK ON TRACK

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 400/264/185 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

I'm looking forward to getting all decked out in fancy new duds and dancing the night away with my beautiful bride........
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 22:38

Plan: zeroish carbs
Stats: 388/300/150 Female 66inches
BF:unfortunately
Progress: 37%

I know this is an older thread but I would like to add a few of my own.

I am most looking forward to being able to take a bath. I have had to shower since 1999 because my bathtub is too tight of a fit.
I am also looking forward to sitting on the ground and being able to get up and not worry about how to get up and not enjoy my self when I am down there doing things such as picnics and art stuff with the kids.
I am looking forward to not hearing people ask if I am the nanny when I am out with my kids. I was breastfeeding my daughter at the hospital and a nurse was asking questions about the baby to my best friend until she said why don't you ask her she is the mother. The nurse just gave me a disgusted look and left.
I am looking forward to going to the movies. Haven't been in a theatre since 1992.
I am looking forward to being able to change my own lightbulbs in the ceiling. I have to ask my ex to come over and help and that causes more grief than necessary. He will come over no problem as long as I can feed him or buy him smokes.
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 20:13
Registered Member

Plan: Personal Plan
Stats: 240/204.5/150 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%

It's been fun reading these!
Here's my little list:
1. Weigh less than my husband, or at least be small enough that he can put his arms all the way around me!
2. Get the boob job I have been wanting. I am convinced that one of the main reasons I hold onto the fat is because I love having size ultra bosoms. So does DH
3. Wear a pair of loose overalls with a little tank top under and drive DH crazy - on our farmstead.
4. Shop at the Normal Store. I hate, hate hate Lane Bryant and the Plus or Womens size stores are even worse.
5. Feeling confident and good inside. Not afraid to look in a mirror, or see my reflection in a store window, or have my picture taken.
6. Go for a walk and my shorts don't ride up. That is so annoying.
7. Did I already mention having even greater sex with my dear husband? I tend to be more adventuresome at a lower weight.

Mmmm, better stop now,
Deborah
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 09:13

Plan: Go Diet/Atkins
Stats: 356/338/185 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

1. Walk round the mall with my daughter and not having to pause to sit down to catch my breath.

2. Ride every ride I haven’t been able to for years, most of them I will ride twice just because I can.

3. Buy clothing at any store, not just specialty stores.

4. Not having to take insulin.

5. Not be ashamed of what I look like, being able to look in the mirror and not wonder who that is knowing it’s me and hey I’m kind of cute.
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 15:28

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Knowing that when someone pays my 17 year old daughter a compliment because she REALLY is super beautiful and looks like a supermodel - then they turn to me and say "oh...and you too or oh yeah, two very beautiful ladies").

I'm like yeah right! I would have felt better if ya' just didn't say anything to me and just left the compliment to my daughter...I don't like being an afterthought nor do I like false compliments. Especially when I know all there thinking is "yeah and you too fat ass."

So maybe once the weight is gone it will be a legitmate compliment and not a false afterthought or something.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 21:12

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrid
I am planning on getting a tattoo. Not sure what or where yet.

This is a goal of mine also. I have it designed ..just gotta decide where to put it! :P
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 21:15

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hey I just noticed someone 'resurrected" this thread from the dead. Can we hear from some of those ppl who posted in 2005? It would be great to see if they had done what they wanted to do!
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 13:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute4u_04
i was thinking about some of the things i will be excited to do when i lose weight or get to goal...i just wanted to name a few.....

go to cedar point and not be afraid that i wont fit in the ride
be happy to get on a plane and fit comfortable
hear everyone tell me how great i look and ask me what i been doing
be able to shop at the "regular" stores and actually buy something besides a purse
buy brand new clothes because all of my others are too big
buy shorts and a sleeveless shirt
feel confident when i go anywhere
be able to wear the latest trends and they actually look good on me

people have been telling me i look good and asking me what i have been doing... i also was able to buy new clothes because the others didnt fit...havent traveled so i may fit in the seat comfortable...
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 14:25

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
Knowing that when someone pays my 17 year old daughter a compliment because she REALLY is super beautiful and looks like a supermodel - then they turn to me and say "oh...and you too or oh yeah, two very beautiful ladies").

I'm like yeah right! I would have felt better if ya' just didn't say anything to me and just left the compliment to my daughter...I don't like being an afterthought nor do I like false compliments. Especially when I know all there thinking is "yeah and you too fat ass."

So maybe once the weight is gone it will be a legitmate compliment and not a false afterthought or something.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Um, I looked at your photo. I don't think you are getting false compliments at all.
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 16:09

Stats: 200/200/130 Female 5'7"
BF:

1. Take my daughter to the beach. I don't take her now because I don't want to be the fat lady that can't take off her shorts and shirt.

2. Have a family portrait taken. I just can't have my picture taken right now. My daughter desperately wants a picture of all of us and it tears me up having to tell her mommy hates having her picture taken.

3. Wear all the beautiful clothes I have sitting in my closet as well as all the shoes. I buy tons of shoes and never wear them because I can't fit in any cute clothes. I will also spend so much on cute sexy clothes I will make myself sick and I will leave my jeans laying on the floor just so my husband and anyone else who wanders in can see the size : )

4. Have sex without insisting the light is out. I never used to be like this. I hate that my weight has done this to me.

5. Feel happy and confident with myself again. I know it is just fat and there could be sooo many worse things but it has affected just about every aspect of my life. I no longer want to feel that there are limits to the things I can do.

6. Stand up in my sister's wedding in November. I had to tell her no for now because I just can't deal with the way I look in dresses and pictures. I obviously won't be the weight I want to be, but hopefully I can lose enough to give me the confidence to say "screw it I'll do it".
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 16:14

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts

dearmommy -- "I am looking forward to going to the movies. Haven't been in a theatre since 1992."

You can go now! Unless things are different there in Canada, I think you'll find new theatre's have quite comfortable seats than you may remember -- wider, softer, all rocking type, stadium tiered so there's no neck craning. I just went to see Mamma Mia! on Sunday. It was fun and funny.
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 17:03

Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5'0"
BF:Not for long!
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
Um, I looked at your photo. I don't think you are getting false compliments at all.

Ditto that.
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 21:10
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

I think I said this way earlier in this thread but just in case... nearly everything that everyone lists they want to do can be done right now! That includes the beach, movies, flying, portraits, etc. There is no reason to limit ourselves.

And a tip from someone who hasn't reached goal but has lost a helluva lot of weight: the mental block that stops you now does not go away simply because you lose weight. You have to make yourself get past that block, and you can do that now.