Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 22:35

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 419/410/400 Female 63 inches(5'3")
BF:Too Much
Progress: 47%
Talking Tee hee hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanee
Gee -- I guess I'd like to wear a sexy thong that's a real thong, and not just a pair of my grandmaw panties getting lost under my belly and up my butt.

OMG!!! That is so funny...but I know exactly where you are coming from with that one..lol..
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 22:38

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 419/410/400 Female 63 inches(5'3")
BF:Too Much
Progress: 47%
Default now to answer the question..lol

I look forward to being the diva on the outside that I am on the inside .
Seriously, though, I look forward to being able to play with my twin girls, before they grow up and I can't.
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 13:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 333/317/220 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Not dreading the swimming pool in the summer. I really really want to run around the pool without my shirt on!

Isn't that a wierd one?
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 17:50

Plan: Atkins' OWL
Stats: 294/237.6/149 Female 5'8"
BF:oodles
Progress: 39%

Cannot...stop...laffing....

Lessee. Ditto all that, plus I look forward to:
  • Walking down the street without being afraid that the combination of my thighs and pantyhose will spark the start of California's summer wildfire season. In freakin' October.
  • Speaking of pantyhose, going down just ONE size (probably my next mini-goal). Being in the largest my brand makes bugs me more than almost anything.
  • Seeing myself in a picture, and liking it. Heck, seeing myself in a group picture and having to search for myself.
  • Disappearance of back boobs (you know, those big breasteses you get from back fat, that plunge directly into the fat being pushed up by your waistband, which migrates forward to converge with the belly roll like some sort of jacked-up fat delta from hell?!)
  • Seeing future medical records without references to my 'morbid obesity making the ultrasound very difficult to perform'. HEY, YOU IN THE LAB COAT - MY WEIGHT IS ALREADY ON THE #$&(~! CHART, SO NO REASON TO GET ALL SNARKY, MKAY BRAINTRUST?
  • White pants.
  • I've heard of this newfangled thang called a "belt"...
  • There's so much pain and regret tied up in these pounds, that most of all I look forward to forgiving myself and maybe even a few others. I imagine it's much easier to do when you can look in the mirror and not see so many sins of one's past. I sure plan to find that out personally, though.

Last edited by JaneDough : Wed, Jun-29-05 at 18:22.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 18:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/191/134 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Great topic!!
Things I look forward to doing after I've lost the weight....
1. Feeling amazingly healthy and in shape (running again).
2. Wearing all of my nice clothes that are size 9, haven't worn them in a while and can't bring myself to get rid of them lol.
3. Having confidence, knowing I am a 'total package'..instead of a 'great girl with a nice personality'.
4. Watching my children grow up as a healthy mom.
5. Inspiring others in my life (like my family).
6. Get a piercing I've always wanted.
7. Feeling in control
8. I'm going to take my kids to WaltDisney World and they'll get tired before me!
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-05, 21:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 267/244/130 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

i want to walk into my high school reunion and have people ask me who i am...
be able to cross my legs
i want my boyfriend to pick me up, instead of me picking him up *lol*
wear sleeveless shirts
put my feet under me in a chair
i want to be beautiful/sexy, instead of 'cute'
go dancing
loads of other stuff that i can't think of now, but will hit me later
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 05:58

Plan: between plans again
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'd like to retire my maternity clothes that I have been wearing for over a year. My kid is 9 months old!

Remember the good posture that comes along with slim-figured confidence? I miss that posture too!

Wearing jeans without a big t-shirt that covers my a**

Bringing out all of the shoes that I have collected when I needed to buy something for ME and was too heartbroken over my weight to try on clothes. I have shoes to go with every outfit that I could ever wear as a thin girl! lol
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 13:07

Stats: 254/215/150 Female 64"
BF:C198/T126/H53/L120
Progress: 38%

Ahh! Cedar Point! I remember that place, I grew up in Michigan.

Now that Im losing, Im discovering things that I pretended I didnt miss:

Walking with hands behind back, parade rest style
Crossing legs
Wear suit jackets without needing cami underneath. (like the models in the catalog)
run without major...support.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-05, 09:40
Clueless. ODAAT.

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 290.6/290.6/180 Female 5'10"
BF:I do not care!

JaneDough, you are hilarious...."jacked up fat delta from hell" indeed...and your comment about the guy in the lab coat...reminded me of seeing my chart when I last saw my ob-gyn...she had written on there 'morbid obesity'. Instead of going on a diet (this was a couple years ago), I wanted to KILL her for what I felt was an unkind and unnecessary notation. Truth hurts....
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-05, 10:01

Plan: My own+BFL
Stats: 295/192/170 Female 5'4
BF:46.3/33/25
Progress: 82%

“There's so much pain and regret tied up in these pounds, that most of all I look forward to forgiving myself and maybe even a few others. I imagine it's much easier to do when you can look in the mirror and not see so many sins of one's past.”

That almost made me cry because that’s exactly what I write in my diary about why I want to lose weight. I want to shed all of the emotional baggage that comes with being fat and just go back to a healthy (both physically and mentally) person. I’m tired of turning the channel when a commercial with a skinny person comes on and I’m tired of putting all of my “skinny” clothes in the back of the closet so I won’t see them and cry, and I’m tired of the way my family looks at me like I’m crap under their shoe because I gained so much weight, and I’m tired of sitting in my house and not wanting to go outside because I sweat just walking to my car…

I want to let go of all of it and mostly forgive myself. I think I’m so angry with myself for letting it get to this point that I can’t stand it anymore. I want to be at peace with the size of my thighs and not stop to look at other women and think “I wish I had her (insert body part here)”. I want to not mentally berate myself every time I look at old pictures of me at 105 pounds.

*sigh* Man, is it going to feel GOOD to lose this weight and keep it off!

Angel
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-05, 17:27
Registered Member

Stats: 264/231/126 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Great thread...!

I think one thing I am looking forward to so, so much is just being able to move freely again. I remember that. I remember running - really running - around the lake as a teenager, and how good that felt. These days walking up a slight hill has me puffing. I want to be able to run and jump and bikeride and hike and swim.

The second thing is...I am a skinny clotheshorse trapped in a fat chick's body right now. I am seriously into clothes. In fact it's the only material thing I really indulge in/crave (well, other than potato chips I suppose). So I am looking forward to wearing my Rock and Republic Scorpion jeans, my pink Rebecca Taylor sweater and my Marc Jacobs black leath round toe boots. Yeah.

Third is...I hope to have a baby sometime soon. That is one of my major reasons for doing this. If I get pregnant I want to be in shape and be my healthiest for my baby.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 22:45

Stats: 355/355/180 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

This is a great topic! And the timing is perfect. I really need to think about this (as I go through my first evening of detoxing and craving after starting induction yesterday!)

1. I look forward to NOT wondering if I am going to die any-day-now due to my weight.
2. I look forward to running up a flight of stairs like Rocky and not being out of breath or feeling like my heart is going to explode out of my chest.
3. I look forward to not being hot and sweaty in the summer from this fat-coat-of-insulation I'm carrying with me and being able to go out with my friends and not be a waterfall of perspiration while they're all lovely and slim and fresh looking.
4. I look forward to not being in a complete panic about the thought of going on a plane! I had to fly away on business last November and it was the first time I had to ask for an extension! I swear my tummy fat shifted down and made it impossible when I weighed exactly the same 6 months before that and flew!
5. I look forward to a flat stomach and not sucking in my gut only to realize it STILL has a bulge. That dang lower ab fat!
6. I look forward to slim ankles for once in my life!
7. I look forward to being able to undress in front of hubby with confidence, and not changing in the bathroom anymore. Something I started doing about 6 months ago after that plane ride, in fact.
8. I look forward to looking 20 years younger! When I lost weight in the past I actually felt like I lost years too, because I could wear younger hipper clothes, not just clothes that fit.
9. I look forward to tucking in my shirt and not hiding under black oversized clothes. (Do I actually think this makes me look slimmer?!)
10. I look forward to my hubby seeing my progress and perhaps joining me on what is a much needed for him journey, too.
11. I want my jaw line and cheek bones back!

And.....drumroll....SAYING GOOD BY TO BACK BOOBS, TOO! OMG I hate having a fat back so much, i can't believe it!
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-05, 10:37

Stats: 261.4/160/155 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 95%

1) Be there for my son
2) Impress the German hotties
3) Wear my favorite shirts with even more confidence
4) Pass the Physical Training for the USAF Officer Training
5) Drive my future Acura RSX and not feel like I'm weighing it down
6) Comfortably travel to and from Germany

I'll let you know if I think of more.
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-05, 12:28

Stats: 366.7/366.7/210 Female 68 inches
BF:

What a cool post!
I echo most of what you all said.... here are some of mine that I most look forward to.....

1. Not worrying about chairs/being able to sit in a chair with arms.
2. Being able to wear only 1 shirt (I've worn an overshirt for so long I can't remember not wearing one) also not panicking if I realize I forgot my overshirt at home (I've turned back more than 50 miles to go get my "security blanket")
3. Doing agility with my dogs.
4. Buying clothes ANYWHERE other than Lane Bryant, lol!
5. Not feeling funny when people say the word "fat".
6. Going to a movie or restaurant with my s.o. and not worrying about people staring at me.
7. Actually SEEING my muscles, lol.... I know they are there somewhere!
8. Taking my Godson to the zoo and riding the carousel with him.
9. Cutting my waist length hair and giving it to "Locks of Love" (it's my other "security blanket")
10. Being able to ride my horse without worrying about breaking her back, lol. (She's still in training, so this will be perfect timing I think!)
11. Finally not have people judge me by my size, I am thankful for the insight that being big has given me though.... I do worry about how I'll react to people.... "Would they have been so nice to me/talked to me/etc.. if they'd seen me before ???

~Fluffy~
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-05, 14:45

Plan: CALP, CAD
Stats: 330/318/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

I so badly want to sleep on my back again! I don't breathe to well now if I try it!