Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 17:27
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/274/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

cygirl, forget it. drippin is right. all rich, fat people are horrible and selfish and they should be giving all their money away to charity cases. in fact, to heck with all rich people for working their tails off and succeeding. after all, what about me??? WOE....IS....ME!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 17:34

Plan: low carb
Stats: 189/136/136 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

thats right Eve and dont forget all rich people have control over their diet.....poor poor people.
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 17:45
Registered Member

BF:

lol!!! i just read that drippin thinks he has won this debate!!!!
lol!!!
THATS CLASSIC!!!!

(sorry, thats mean...i have a feeling drippin is probably 15 years old and cant even handle a real debate. after all, his responses are all based on his idealstic morals and marxist values)
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 18:02

BF:

you must have read that on another post somewhere.

I have been reading and this is going on everywhere here.

I was thinking more like 10.
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 18:07
Registered Member

BF:

no it was here, cygirl....believe it or not!!! look:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrippinBld
....because you have been conclusively and soundly beaten in the scope of rational debate - so be it.

that was directed towards us. lol its too funny to be taken seriously!!!
i am going to read his posts elsewhere now....i need a few more laughs!

eve
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 18:09

BF:

laughing is very good for you.I even think it works off calories.make sure that you laugh really good and loud every day.
Life is too short not to.
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 12:22

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaLynn
i think money could help make you skinny..... if i could afford a personal trainer and chef and personal shopper and a big house with room for lots of expensive exersize equipment...... it would make it a LOT easier

Yes, money helps by taking off the pressure and stress of "can I pay my mortgage this month" or "is my phone going to be cut off Friday" and these are all situations I have been in throughout the past 2-3 years. BUT I still went to the gym every morning without fail before I went to work. And if I didn't go to the gym I would have gone out for a long walk - I have a 4km route mapped out in my neighbourhood and I use that as my workout sometimes. I have exercise equipment in my basement and barely use it. Taking charge of yourself and your life involves commitment to the process, not money. Because you can always move your body and you can control what you put in your mouth. I have trouble with that part and probably always will. But each day I try again. It is not easy for anyone, with or without money.

And boy, do I hate stereotypes. I drink beer (lo carb of course), red wine and smoke a little (cough cough) but again, it's about self control and moderation. I also work out religiously and have transformed myself from a chain smoking couch potato to a just newly certified (and hired no less!!!!!) personal trainer - and I will teach others that it's about feeling good with yourself, being healthy and fit and strong and that muscles are sexy and energy is contagious but stop and have fun along the way.

As for Kirstie weighing 200, I weigh 208 pounds right now and I'm 5'7" tall. But I know women my height who would look MUCH larger at my weight if they didn't have the muscle and frame that I have.

And see my quote - I agree with you Potatofree!!!!! Laughter is crucial!
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 12:42
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I like it, AJ.

Being able to laugh at yourself IS crucial! Not the kind of self-downing that some do in order to prove something to others, but the good, hearty belly-laugh at LIFE that crosses barriers.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 12:50
Terranova

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve25
in fact, to heck with all rich people for working their tails off and succeeding.

Since when do all rich people "work their tails off" much less "succeed" at anything beyond spending their quarterly dividends?

Rebutting one illogical prejudice with another doesn't exactly tilt the debate scales to your favor, dear.
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 12:51

Potatofree - I was with my cousin on Saturday and she and I both snort when we laugh - so we'd laugh harder the more we snorted - a vicious circle of laughing snorting laughing! And she's a 36 year old breast cancer survivor, and we're both going to laugh for 60 km in Toronto in September in The Weekend to End Breast Cancer. Life throws us so many curves - we have to find the humour in the darkness or I don't think (speaking for myself) we could survive.
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 13:07
Fully Caffeinated

AJ-- The snort-laugh fits are GREAT.

My son's doctor actually said that his ability to see the positives in his situation and laugh could actually make him work harder and improve his own condition. I remember back in second grade, when he realized that he could not only PLAY musical chairs with the other kids, but ALWAYS be the last one with a chair and WIN... He was Mr Popular with the other kids when he announced THAT one, and they were all able to share a laugh. Oddly enough, the other kids were twice as likely to find ways to include him in other activites after that!
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 14:00

My grandmother was born on October 31 so we always celebrated Halloween with her. She passed away on October 28 and at her funeral my uncle said "I guess Mom is going to be a ghost this year for Halloween". Dark humour but we all had a good (and stress-relieving) laugh. Yes, to tie this back to Kirstie Alley, laughing at yourself is important!
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 14:27
Brit Happens

Plan: x
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 0"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Just to take this off-topic again for a sec:
Quote:
we're both going to laugh for 60 km in Toronto in September in The Weekend to End Breast Cancer

Good on you AJ! I'm doing a half marathon in June for Breakthrough Breast Cancer in the UK. So 13 miles through London in the middle of the night in a bra (well and in shorts as well.......) laughing/snorting (yep do it too- so attractive when on a date eh? ) And sorry I stalked Potatofree over here

Ref Kirstie Alley I would say I think she's been quite brave to make this latest series. Or shrewd maybe?
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 14:44
Fully Caffeinated

Oh, goodie! My own stalker!

You're right, Jec, it is a shrewd move on her part. Use what you've got, I guess! There are few roles out there for big women, or even older women for that matter. The fact she's making her OWN role, on her own terms is great business, IMO.
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 15:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jec
Just to take this off-topic again for a sec:

Good on you AJ! I'm doing a half marathon in June for Breakthrough Breast Cancer in the UK. So 13 miles through London in the middle of the night in a bra (well and in shorts as well.......) laughing/snorting (yep do it too- so attractive when on a date eh? ) And sorry I stalked Potatofree over here

Ref Kirstie Alley I would say I think she's been quite brave to make this latest series. Or shrewd maybe?

Way to go Jec! Walking the streets in a bra...sounds like our plans! We'll be walking fully clothed but fundraising wearing either our bras over our Tshirts, or wearing sexy cami's - our slogan is "Our breasts need your support!" (we're all 40 or close to it - support is definitely needed!) and we're going to have huge water jugs wearing bras and we'll be asking people to fill our jugs...we plan on having a laugh and many snorts!

Re Kirstie yahoo to her - and the show is actually very funny, at least the 2 episodes I've seen. She pokes fun at herself AND many others. Nobody claimed that the George character in Seinfeld was a demeaning stereotype of little, balding irritating men...and Larry David has turned that into his own success story that I heard Kirstie Alley's show was being compared to. I really do hope she does well. Let's just love who we are and always strive to be our very best, whatever shape, form or personality that takes - and try to surround ourselves with like-minded others!
Closed Thread