Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 15:46
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 189/184/160
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Okie here!!

Hello. Just wanted to post and say I am from Oklahoma. Grew up in Broken Arrow and ended up in Moore my adult life. My brother and his wife live and go to school in Tulsa. I now live in Texas. We moved here in March due to hubbies job. We travel back and forth about 1x a month. I am on CAD after Atkins. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/ultra low carb
Stats: 265/202/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 66%

Great to hear from you! We lived in South Texas twice when my husband was in the military. It was ok but Dallas is really as far south as I care to go anymore!
Why did you switch from Atkins to CAD? I have been on Atkins since July and looking for a change. I have read every lo carb book out there and am still do not feel I have a plan that will work for me for the rest of my life. I would love to hear your story!
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 20:25

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 197/159/140
BF:
Progress: 67%
Smile Hello

What does CAD mean?
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 22:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/ultra low carb
Stats: 265/202/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 66%

It is the acronym for the "Carbohydrates Diet" br Drs. Richard and Rachel Heller.
Is is pretty straight forward low carb eating except they advocate a "reward" meal plan to help keep you in check with any cravings you may have.
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 08:39
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 189/184/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi there. I was on the Atkins diet for two grueling weeks and lost 7lbs. I could not contol my hunger for carbs so I fell off the wagon for a couple of months and gained all the weight back plus four lbs. I realized I was going down and started to look at different WOE. I went to the library and checked all the low carb diets and read the CAD book last. After I read the first few pages I knew it was for me. There is a test to take to see if you are an addict. I scored in the severe catagory. With CAD you eat 2 low carb meals and one balanced reward meal which consists of carbs. The only thing is that you have to eat it within 60 minutes. I don't find this hard since I have three kids and always eat in a hurry. Even when I take my time I always have about 20 min. left. This diet is for me forever. I have energy and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I have lost a total of 5 lbs. On this diet you lose weight alot slower but I don't mind because the scale always goes down, not up. They say the average weight lose is 1/2 to 2lbs. a week. If you are looking for a change, I would recommend that you read the book and see if this diet would fit into your life. Gotta go . My son wants his "jue" (juice)
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 10:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 117/107/100
BF:
Progress: 59%
Wink I'm in Enid

HI!! I'm in Enid
I started in May for 1 month then went to Seattle. When I came back I couldn't resist the sugar!! I'm now back on Atkins and I feel sooo much better. Eating carbs sure does make me less energetic. I started again on Dec. 15th and I feel energetic and alive!!
Hi Okies!!
Natalie
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 13:10

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 245/240/190 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default T-bird in T-town

I'm here in Tulsa too! I'm a little different than y'all. I am on Eat Right 4 Your Type. It is based on blood type. Not sure I completely believe the entire theory but, the diet has worked in the past. Starting on it again and I'm gonna be ready to go to Disneyworld in June!

Anyone in the Brookside area?
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 17:02

Stats: 180/147/140
BF:
Progress: 83%
Cool Okie Friends!

I'd love to chat with any of you fellow OK folk! I haven't found too many low-carbers in Muskogee.

I've been LC for about 6 months and I'd love to swap secrets and support with someone.

Okie From Muskogee!
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 09:34
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

Hello I live in Tulsa and have been lowcarbing for a year, on and off. "Mostly off". But I'm determind this time to go all the way. Welcome to this forum, it gives you lots of support here. My suggestion is to start you own journal under the My Journal/Bootcamp section. You'll get lost of support and meet a lot of fellow lowcarbers.

Tonya
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 18:35

Stats: 280/280/140
BF:up there!!!!
Progress: 0%

I live in Tulsa and need some support I just started low carbing on 2/22 and have cheated today and yesterday. My husband is being an A~# and is not much support. Please email me if there is ever a Tulsa group get together!!! mrsajdavis~yahoo.com Thanks.
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 15:35
Registered Member

Stats: 191/190/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi! I live in Midwest City...work in Oklahoma City. Just thought I would say hi to all of those okies that are buying up all the local lo-carb products as fast as they can stock them! Good luck guys. Maybe if we can get enough of us together we can all meet sometime.
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 12:49

Stats: 270/261/175
BF:
Progress: 9%
Wink Hi All of You Okies!

It is really great to see all of the Okies that are on this WOL! I live in the Stillwater area. I was a bit disappointed that there were no members in Stillwater. I saw an OK State grad post back there
I've been on Atkins (this time) since June 9. I really think I am going to make it a WOL. I really don't see it as a diet anymore. I am just not putting bad stuff in my mouth anymore. I am allergic to flour and sugar, etc. It makes my butt swell!!

See ya'll around!
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 09:57

Stats: 216/177/170 Male 69.5"
BF:33%/19%/15%
Progress: 85%

I'm in Enid... Low carb as a WOL is the best thing ever for me. After I got out of the Marine Corps I went from being active to being very inactive. The weight just started going up until I hit a high of 225. Anyway, I decided to take back control of my body and began eating right and exercising again. I feel 1000% better and my self esteem is almost back to where it should be. Hey, it's not only about losing weight, but feeling better about yourself.
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 17:49

Stats: 187/182/110 Female 4ft 11in
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hello! I am in South Coffeyville. 1 and a half hrs from Tulsa. It is cool to se soooo many Okies.
This is my second attempt at Atkins. My first try bombed because I was poorly informed and pretty much caved in to my carb addiction. This time around I'm arming myself with as much knowledge as I can to fight my battle with carbs. I am loving all of the wonderfull recipes from this forum. Just knowing that I don't have to eat the same ole foods everyday is a big motivation for me. Well good luck to everyone and nice to meet you!

gem...
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 19:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279.6/273/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 5%

Any of you Okies still out there? I noticed it has been awhile since any post, but sure would be nice to chat with neighbors!!!

Mary B