Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 16:36

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

AbbyG: Well, I have used the protein shakes. I have gotten one from the fat flush plan that only contains stevia. It is a great sourse of protein. I have used 1/2 of the serving mixed with some lc milk. Then I have some flax meal with alittle of the shake...this adds even more fiber and keeps me full all morning. I have had NO cravings since doing this. (I put the flax in a small bowl with alittle shake and eat like a hot cereal would be) I eat it hot or cold...anyway I think the flax has helped as it doesn't allow all the carbs into yourbllod stream as quickly. The earlier version of CAD/CALP allowed diet soda...it can stall some so they revised their advise. I think you just have to see how your body reacts, as like with any diet it is not a "one size fits all". If you do have trouble you will know right where to look.

I agree that a food journal is a great idea.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-05, 09:36

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default for me...

I am very wary of using something like protein shakes or bars. I would just rather stick to real foods. However, if they work for you, and you enjoy them, then that's great. Just make sure that you watch your results. You can't assume that because you have no cravings, the thing isn't raising your insulin and causing less or no weight loss. Back when I was losing regularily I wanted to have diet pepsi with my lunch CM. I didn't think that it caused me any trouble at all, I never felt as though it made me crave. However, I couldn't argue with the fact that every time I added it back in, my weightloss slowed or stopped. So, just keep track of anything you try like that and you will know for sure what effect it is having.
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-05, 11:22

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 185/169/163 Female 5'2"
BF:45%/39%/29%
Progress: 73%

I need a shoulder to cry on for a minute...due to being sick AND having a deadline at work at the same time, I didn't go to the market for a long time and ran out of acceptable foods. This led to 3 days off-plan...and 3 lbs. Sometimes I feel like I will never break 170. Could this be psychological? Am I sabotaging myself?
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-05, 12:59

BF:
Default well...

If you feel like you might be sabotaging yourself, then that could be something you want to take a look at. But, being sick isn't easy, especially with a work deadline thrown in for good measure. I would perhaps give myself the benefit of the doubt here. But, what you can do is learn from the experience. You can be prepared for this type of situation if it ever comes along again. Have some food on hand that will get you through, even if it isn't your favourite stuff. Eggs, canned fish, frozen veggies, frozen meat, mayo..just even having those on hand can save you. Situations will always come along where it is harder to stick to CAD, but it can be done if you plan ahead a bit

Take care of yourself!
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-05, 18:52

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Just popping in to say hi as I've been MIA for a day or so...

Good advice you got there, Selfcare. Hope you're feeling better.
  #96   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 07:49
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi all-
headed out of town for a long weekend. All set for the plane: bringing a cooked burger and half of one of those large seedless cukes. Have it sliced in a ziplock, and think this will work. During my layover if I'm hungry I can get a salad.
So here I go!
E
  #97   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 08:57

Stats: 301/282/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 13%

In-laws are coming into town tommorow . They are all vegetarian . Nothing against vegetarian , but they are very carby vegetarians and healthy vegetarians , these are the carby types. Hopefully if I have to eat with them it will be for reward meal.
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 08:58

BF:
Default Awesome!

And I bet some people sitting near you will think your food looks great and wish they had some

Have a great trip.
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 13:07

Thanks so much for the support you guys. I got back on plan yesterday, and when I woke up...170!! 3 lbs mysteriously missing in the night. Is this CAD or...magic?
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 22:08
Registered Member

Stats: 157/153/150 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

That's great, selfcare! Sometimes I think Cad IS magic! It's so awesome to find a way of eating that helps keep me satisfied and lets me eat such a wonderful reward meal every night. I'm so happy for you that those three pounds didn't linger any longer. It's a good lesson too - when you fall off the plan for a bit, just get right back on it.

And Leysah, I hope the vegetarian in-law visit goes well! Good luck - do you get along with them in general?
  #101   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 17:07
Registered Member

Stats: 140/140/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!!
I just found this thread.
I am on day 2 of CAD.
I am eating more protein but will need some ideas to keep it interesting.
What kind of breakfasts do people have ?
  #102   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 22:29
Registered Member

Stats: 157/153/150 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi Rivers,

For breakfast, I usually like a small meal or sometimes I skip eating altogether. Things that work for me are eggs, omelette, cheese or cottage cheese for protein, and then either celery or cucumbers or sometimes breakfast radishes with butter and sea salt. Once in a while I will have some meat or poultry or fish for breakfast, but not usually.

It's probably just me, but I find that if I eat too much protein, I get hungry again sooner than if I keep the protein to a minimum and have lots of fat. This is also the case with lunch and cm's in general. Does anyone else have this experience or is it just my strange body?

--TwoCats
  #103   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 13:18

Thank you twocats! The nice thing is that CAD is so much easier to go back on when you fall off than other diets, even other LC diets. Because it isn't so drastic. I'm sad I spent so much of my life believing that in order to be healthy and lose weight you had to make superheroic efforts to keep from eating anything tasty.

I'm not sure if protien makes me hungry, but I can vouch for the idea that not eating enough fat does. Fat is the magic key to feeling satisfied -- and forgetting about food from meal to meal. Darn those low-fat people who ensured I would feel miserable during all my previous diets!
  #104   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 18:56

Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

I think it is fat and protein for me... I am really not sure. I will have to test it this week. I am really trying to do a healthier version of cad this week. I didn't eat the veggies I should have last week and I didn't eat a balanced rm at all. Time to take care of myself and do this right!!!

I like cottage cheese but for some reason it causes cravings for me so I try to stay away from it at breakfast. I like eggs of course.

WISH ME LUCK THIS WEEK!!!
  #105   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 20:47
Registered Member

Stats: 140/140/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Well I found my book and am doing the entry plan.
I am lactose intolerant so it limits my choices a bit.
Will see what I can come up with for breakfasts and lunches.
Today for lunch I took salmon, celery, peppers and mayo mixed it all up and ate it in lettuce leaves. It was actually quite good.
Closed Thread