Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 21:32

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Selfcare: If you can wait another week I would just see...It is so hard to know. I guess if I would eliminate either thing it would be the splenda...then see if that helps or not. OR just keep going and see if it starts to go down in a week or so...I have heard of others not losing right away but then losing slow and steady all the way to goal. When I first did the plan I had coffee and sf creamer everyday (more than one too!!) and I lost very well. But that was also several years ago ( like 4) I am not as in shape now either so I have cut the coffee out.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 10:16

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I sounded a bit inibriated yesterday and it was on 2 small glasses of champagne. See, I don't drink normally - very occasionally and I just can't handle it very well at all.

Anyway, went back and read this thread and noticed Tracy's reply - yikes! So happy you had a CO detector! Thank the Lord you are all fine. That was a run of expenses! Our deep freeze (which is full of food) just packed up, so I can relate a little.

Littletexas (can't go back and check your name, or I'll lose this post) - glad you had an easy time of it at the buffet. Yes, water weight can sure mask weight loss. Measure, write down your measurements - measure everywhere, waist above navel and below, calves, upper arms, chest, even above chest under arms, and anywhere else you think you could possibly lose some inches. Keep the piece of paper and measuring tape together. The days that one is afraid to weigh or the scale is being unkind - measure. You'll be happy to see that the measurements don't really change much. It is just a scale weight and others will still see you the same way. Neat, hey?!

Selfcare, I just can't see that Splenda is a problem, but you can get DaVinci sugar free syrups made with Splenda. I really don't agree with the Hellers on this one, because if there is any insulin response to a tiny bit of Splenda in coffee or tea at breakfast, it is very little indeed - however, I would skip caffeine and Splenda between meals and keep any Splenda or sugar desserts for the main meal. For me, sugar is a real trigger to want more and more and then to deviate and want bread and more bready items, so Splenda is truly a good alternative for me at RM usually, but I will occasionally have DaVinci in decaf. tea or coffee. I cannot stand the licorice taste of Stevia or some of the other sweeteners out there, but YMMV.

All the best in making your decision Anleigh. You can mix and match the plans easily.

It's another beautiful day. Bye. Catch you all later!

Last edited by Sueoncalp : Thu, Feb-24-05 at 10:21.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 13:10

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 185/169/163 Female 5'2"
BF:45%/39%/29%
Progress: 73%

Pre3teach -- thanks. That is very reassuring.
Sueoncalp -- that's a good point about making sure I am not having Splenda bt meals. Although, often I have my coffee with splenda, exercise, and then eat breakfast. Even with that, I am not "eating" more than 4x a day, that should be OK, right?

My resolution for this week (and next) is to BE PATIENT...
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 13:43

BF:

Selfcare, if you were doing Atkins beforehand, then usually people see a gain in the first week, so you are okay maintaining for now. Don't panic. I think it's okay what you are doing. Just make sure your calories are not out of line, have your 8 glasses of water and do exercise. You can use fitday.com to figure out your calories for the day to get an idea at least.... Keep meals moderate in the sense that the 2 CM meals are small and the main meal does not leave you positively "stuffed", if you know what I mean. Keep the faith, because people have lost 100 lbs and more on this plan. It is a yummy plan!!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 18:56

Just an added thought...isn't it nice to maintain our weight loss in a way...as we are allowed the spurges everyday! Most would gain with that right? And that is what we used to do. Now we can make a few tweaks and lose on this plan!!!
(I just need to make the right tweaks and JUST DO IT!)
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 07:44

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

I love having a daily splurge, I love not ever feeling deprived, it's the best diet ever, I don't know why I ever went off it! It makes me crazy, because this time around, I'm not losing near as fast as last time, 3 years ago. I really have to balance my RMs too, which I guess is a good thing.

I think I'm going to start a weekly exercise thread, so we can motivate eachother for that, sound good?
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 18:32

BF:

That sounds real good, Summerslim. I love exercising, as it makes me feel so good and without it I know it is so much harder, if not impossible for me to lose.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 21:16

summerslim: It is much slower for me too...since 2-3 yrs. ago...but then I seem to be messing around more too! (switching plans, eating off plan, etc.) I am feeling really good about this plan though! It is really great to have the RM freedom!!!)
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 10:19

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

I agree this is the easiest WOE around. Yesteray I was at the doctors and he said.. dieting and exercising is hard. For the first time in my life I thought.. not really.

According to his scales I have lost seven pounds since November. (four by mine). Then today I lost another pound.. For RM last night I had a chicken ensalada.. very few carbs and a small bowl of s/f ice cream with splenda. I don't think I got all of my water in, but I will take it.

Sue, I had to laugh at your inibriated state. I am the same way. If I drink two margaritas.. watch out. My DH and my brother both call me a "cheap date", because I just can't drink very much.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Kandi
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 14:51

BF:

Kandi. You and me both. Hubby says I am a "cheap date" in that respect as well. Wow! You are doing really very well. Way to go! By the summer, you'll probably be down another 10 lbs or so. I hope I can say the same. I finally broke down and changed my siggy to the new higher weight. Oh brother...story of my life. Anyway, I have been struggling for a couple of weeks, since the road trip to get back on plan properly.

Preteach you make me giggle. I have also been messing around with plans. I think we know too much. I do Atkins, Fat Fast and CALP and throw in a Sue-ism type deprivation diet from time to time as well. Yikes!
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 14:52

BF:

ROFL I was playing around with my siggy - that won't do!!!
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 14:55

BF:

Okay, hope no one saw it. It was positively HUGE! Now, it is ok.
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 08:23

Cool

lol
I like the Sue-sim part!!!
Why do we do that???? it sure hasn't made things any faster...but I have learned more about myself in the process. I am going to do only CAD for 2-3 weeks and see if I start losing. If I do then that IS the plan for me!

I am maintaining this week...unfortunately at the higher weight (136) I am going to give it a few more days before changing my sig. We were the same for maybe a day!! lol

Kandi: That really is great!!! Maintaining a weight loss is wonderful! (compared to putting it back on!!!) You WILL see it keep going!!!

Summer here we come right!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU WITH ME????!!!!
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 11:09

BF:

Hey, Karen - it won't be long before you can claim that lower weight then. Keep on keeping on. I agree. I am with you. Let's do CAD properly for 2 to 3 weeks and compare notes, shall we?

Yeah, you are so right. The Sue-ism deprivation has not made things better in the long run. In the short term, I see a result and that is exhilirating (sp?) and that is why I do that.
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 19:36

OK Sue!!! I have 2 days under my belt now! I will use Sat. the 26th as my start date with CADing!