Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Thu, May-29-08, 14:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/230/150 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 45%

Its just me poping in to say hello andd to see how everyone is doing.
My eating is going ok, its been hard but I am hanging in there.
Have not weighed myself since last week so am not sure if I have lost any yet or not.
Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, May-30-08, 07:04

Plan: low-carb
Stats: 162/135/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Sissy,

Yep, I'm popping in to say 'hi' to everyone, also.

I was down yesterday 2.2 lbs., but haven't gotten on the scale today as of yet.

Boy, it's slow, isn't it?! But, I feel as long as it is a downward trend, than I'm a happy camper.
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-08, 15:06
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:

hi guys
All same here. Great going on the loss flower! Yesterday was hard for me. It is about 7 months of this now and very slow going! I am bored with the food, don'e even want to have anything. I bake daily doing the pastries and killer cakes but have not even had a crumb. No desire to.
It is so blinking HOT here!
You guys are doing great and help keep me going!
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-08, 20:24

BF:

Cricket,

Oh, I so understand that 'slow' thing. Those 2.2 lbs. that I lost have been coming off and on for I don't know how long.

Let's post more often, so that all of us can stay motivated and shed these unwanted pounds, but even more importantly, reduce our body fat!
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-08, 13:58

BF:

Been away for awhile due to my old computer getting killed by the lightning. I took it to the shop to be fixed but it was fried. Just went to Best Buy and got me a new one. Got it all set up now and back on the scene with you all here.

I am down two more pounds, got weighed in at my doctors on Friday.
My eating is going ok to.
I am even exercising now if you can believe that. Never did much of that.

See you again when I have more time. Just wanted to get this site all set up again on my computer and see if it was working ok....see that it is so I will be back.
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 12:46

BF:

Sissy, glad you're back up and running. I've been without a computer in the past, and I found myself doing a lot of other things, like moving around more.

Looking forward to your posts!
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-08, 11:51

BF:

It was awful without my computer. But my new one is all set up now and working so I am back on the scene.
I cannot do to much, especially exerting things, because of some health problems but I can sit at my compouter and play.

Doing ok with my eating. Have not weighed yet so I am not sure if I have lost anything yet.
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-08, 16:01

BF:

The scale has been reflecting a weight gain for me these last couple of days, and I'm not fretting at all over it cause I know I've been eating well. I haven't been drinking my 64 oz. of water, simply because I can't force it down when I'm not thirsty. I've been on the run these past couple of days too, so won't drink when I'm traveling for obvious reasons.

That scale is not my friend! I heard someone call it 'the devils' platform', and I believe it is most of the time!
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-08, 12:48

BF:

I hate those old scales to. I bought some new ones but hardly ever weigh myself because i am always disappointed when I do so I stay away from them.
I am eating right, at least I think I am, but it does not seem like I am losing much, maybe a pound or two every now and then but thats all.
I cannot get all my water in either Flowersoul. I have been buying those little flavor packets to put into my water and they make it drinking alittle easier. I never have been a big water drinker anyway.
I liked my diet pepsi but I have given them up to see if it woud help my fibromayolga. I have been off them for a month now.
I do drink ice tea alot to along with my water.
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-08, 09:08

BF:

Sissy,

I have a friend who drinks iced tea all day long, and she gets a lot of her water in that way.

I was never much of a water drinker either, but now, on most days, I'm able to get my 64 oz. of water in by adding Real Lemon juice. Never liked it before until my daughter got me onto that.
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-08, 11:25

Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Hi Everyone!
I've done Atkins, sort-of since 2004. Back then I was really faithful to it & was at 155 lb (5'8"). But, the pounds crept back on and it seems like now I just can't get enough motivation to really go at it fully. I didn't even know this thread existed until yesterday. So I'm thinking - maybe if I can get support from others my age, maybe then I can do it. So here I am!
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-08, 11:40

BF:

Cats, and welcome.

I so understand trying to get motivation to get yourself in shape, but you've made the first step by coming here.

My problem is not the eating, but gettine me arse in gear for exercising, so maybe we can help each other out!
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-08, 13:32

Yes, Flower - it seems my achy body is always giving me one excuse or another for not exercising. LOL. Even though I know my achy body usually feels better, not worse, if I do exercise.
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-08, 16:35

BF:

I drink alot of ice tea, I drink the green iced tea. I find it hard just to drink water all the time so I started to buy those flavor packets you can add to water to flavor it, you can get them at Wal Mart.
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-08, 08:00

Okay, my BIG problem is this: I'm single and 'looking'. So I start a diet, because I want to look better, even feel better. Then I think, 'but if Mr. Right comes along, I DO NOT want looks to be the attraction'. So then I deliberately sabotage my diet, so that if anyone were to be attracted to me, I'd know it was for inner beauty. UGH! I'm not sure how to get myself out of this mode of thinking. Thoughts anyone?
Closed Thread