Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 08:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 271/269/165 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 2%
Default now what!

The cable just went !!!

what next? the dsl? the electricity?

Michelle
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 09:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

Michelle,

Not going to name the next thing to go -- you know, the power of suggestion

Anyway, I got the Source Naturals hoodia last night -- they are 250mg/tablets (hoodia gordonii stem extract (20:1)). Are these the same as yours? How do you take these?

I am thinking about taking a couple before I leave work in the afternoon (around 5:30PM) -- we don't get home until around 7PM and by that time I am always ravenously hungry. Then I have a bad tendency to snack (legally) as I'm making supper -- and though I'm frequently not hungry by then for supper, I eat it anyway.....

Do any of you think it'll work this way?

BTW -- still haven't gotten my original order, I have more confidence (as least going by the information on the web site) in that brand -- if ever I get them I'll try them....
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 10:21
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Bonnie:

Man, that company is slow. They took Christmas week off and just started back this week. I guess that's why my order hasn't arrived yet. If this stuff works, I'll have to remember to order it 2 months ahead of time.

Wanda
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 10:27

What I resent is their placing the blame on the postal system and/or postal theft -- heaven knows it has enough problems all on its own! -- if they were upfront and simply told me that they hadn't gotten around to shipping it yet (or whatever the situation) then I would be, if not overjopyed, at least understanding. Now I'm not even expecting it when I check my mail.....

And I don't want my money to just "disappear"!!!
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 12:53

BF:
Default hoodia hoodia hoodia

Hi Bonnie,

Yes, thats the same stuff I got, and I've been taking it mid-morning, mid-afternoon. I think 5:30 is fine and it really won't keep you awake at all...though maybe a little earlier will let it take hold in your system first. Who knows? we're all just hit and miss on this thing

I haven't gotten my hoodia either, though they said I should definitely get it by today, but I'm working on a puter without all the saved addresses, and they seem to have no phone number ....then again, I have no phone! (other than my cell and I don't want to waste the minutes before my real phone gets fixed).

Did you buy your stuff through Paypal too?
I'm thinking they might be the only way to get it back (the money) or through the credit card people.

Michelle
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-05, 13:31

BF:
Default just got product

yay!! it finally arrived, and I'll see how it compares to the Source Naturels in the next couple of days and report back.

It took way too long, but compared to you guys here, it was fast.

This order was from www.hoodia.com and its supposedly 450mg pure south african hoodia gordonii by Total Health, 90 pills at ~19.95/bottle.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Michelle
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-05, 10:35

Well, I still haven't gotten my original order (or its replacement, which I requested)...

I did start taking the Source Naturals tabs, haven't noticed any effect yet -- but I started with it over the weekend which is NOT a good test (everything is topsy-turvy during the weekend!) -- weekdays are more regimented, so I'll be watching its effect carefully -- and of course, it's not even supposed to be totally effective for the first 2 weeks or so.....

Waiting for everyone else's updates!
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-05, 14:58

BF:

Hi Bonnie and everyone,

Don't know how well the product is working...its really imperceptible to tell the truth. At the start I thought it lowered my appetite, and maybe it is. By time I come home from this trip I'll have a better perspective. I frankly believe my "peri-menopausal" state is getting in the way with everything here, and I'm starting a 6 week weight loss challenge at Curves the day I come back.

(Guess who refuses to be measured and weighed until AFTER the cruise )

I think the Source Naturals product is a good one though, maybe even better than this capsule I got online. Guess time will tell - it is twice as expensive.

Michelle
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 14:47

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

http://www.newstarget.com/002709.html

have a look here on if it works or not
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 15:08

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!

Interesting that the article downplays the potential of Hoodia and plugs for a "mystery" substance that the author just happens to be writing a book about. No doubt the person hopes to cash in on those who are now spooked into thinking that this person really holds the key to hunger suppression.

Shame....
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-05, 11:56

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Seems we dont know what to believe anymore...
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-05, 12:07

Hi All,

I've been using the Source Naturals hoodia for the past several days. My original order (along with the replacement order) has still not arrived!

Last night, just as I was leaving work, I took 2 tabs. Not only did I not want to snack on anything when I got home and was making supper, I could have happily skipped supper altogether. However, I decided what I "should" eat -- it wasn't as though I was feeling full or anything, just not overly interested in food.

Don't know yet if this is from the hoodia, or just a quirky way to feel. I am in ketosis, but typically I don't get the loss of appetite from that....

My husband dished himself a bowl of (low-carb) ice cream later in the evening -- no temptation at all (unusual!) -- he even offered me a taste of his and I turned it down.

How is everyone else who is trying hoodia responding? Are my results typical? Or is it something else that's playing in right now?

I really hope this continues!!!
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 19:20
Registered Member

Plan: low low carb
Stats: 142/146/148 Male 177
BF:?/?/22%
Progress: 67%

Hi Hoodia hooligans,
I've been buying supplements from a New York based outfit: vitaglo.com for years. Their prices are always way cheaper than anyone else and they have a spectacular range. I just noticed they have about 8 different hoodia products, including the Source Naturals and and an interesting Now Vitamins formulation with among other things, theobromine. I always get orders in Australia within 10 days at very reasonable shipping rates. In the continental U.S. orders over 50 bucks are shipped free. They've always been very reliable.
Can't comment on Hoodia's effectiveness as an appetite suppressant, although I am intrigued by your progress with it. Weight is not an issue for me. Health is, which is why I low carb. I was fascinated by your comments about the life lift breathing. I'll check it out.
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 17:17

Maybe the hoodia is working...

Last night during supper one of my daughters called. We chatted for about 15 minutes, then I returned to my supper portion -- and it no longer interested me in the slightest -- I fed it to the dogs!

Typically, if it's on my plate I eat it! I've never been able to stop eating whatever is served (so I've been careful to only put small amounts and go for seconds!).

And I've lost a little bit of weight -- down to 152, haven't been there in a very long time. Not a lot, and certainly not enough to count on -- but the trend is encouraging!!!

I'm still waiting on my original (or replacement) order

Bonnie
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 18:16
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Still haven't got my order Bonnie. I'm considering cancelling the order and buying elsewhere.

Wanda