Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 10:12

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 168/163/128 Female 5'1.5''
BF:44%/44%/22-28%
Progress: 13%

I took a break from exercising for the last two days. I got sick form cross-country skiing. I thought I got it right this year. On the first day, I did only 7 minutes on the next day 17 minutes and the day after that, 30 minutes. What did I do wrong?!? Maybe I shouldn’t have done it two days in a row… maybe it just raise my heart beat to much maybe, maybe, I am sick of maybes I want to know what I can do, what I can’t do, and never feel sick like that again!

Today I am feeling better. My hip is still bothering me so I don’t dare try the belly dancing tape or the Hula tape. I am felling better, I will exercise… but what? What won’t make me feel worst?
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 21:01

I did the Hula tape
Now my hip is really hurting! I think I will lose that tape for a while. It is too bad, it was fun and a good workout for my legs.
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 09:13

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%

Wow Cali, sounds like you are having a really hard time. I am sorry to hear that. I don't think anyone can tell you what will or will not work for you. You know your body better than anyone else does. The hard part is learning the DON"Ts while trying to find the DO's. But I know you can do it. Don't give up! There is a DON't for ya LOL . You are doing wonderful. The hardest part about FMS, I think, is finding out how limited we really are. My hugs to you!!!

I am not doing so well, myself. I am trying to tackle the abs portion of the pilates, but am finding it out that I have to tackle the mental fight first, just to get to the point of being in front of tv!!! Any encouragement is greatly appreciated. LOL

Check in later! Want to accomplish the abs portion today!!!

God bless,
Michelle
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 14:52

Plan: Drs Bernskins
Stats: 260/232.4/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:lots
Progress: 28%

Hi Ladies,

I am trying to get back to this thread. I have missed you but some home "stuff" and my depression has been kicking up.

For exercise right now all I can manage is the treadmill AKA as the dreadmill for 30 minutes 3x per week. I have been faithful with that for at least 3 weeks. Sometimes due to the FMS I have had to break the minutes into 3 10 minute intervals but I still get it done.

Hope all is well with you.
Hugs,
Nancy
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 18:45

I went with Pilates today. Everything is fine with that.

Nancy, don’t give up on that treadmill, you are doing great!

Michelle, you can do it, you can go in front of the tv, I know you can!
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Dec-19-04, 16:53

Hi Ladies,
I forgot to mention I did do the dreadmill for 30 minutes on Friday...pedometer broke so DH got me one that talks...can't recall where I was on the steps so am just wearing it for 3 days and will average that and start from there!

I get a little depressed during the holidays...I wish it wasn't so but it is brain chemistry stuff mixed in with some old memories. Hopefully, in the New Year I can get back into increasing my exercise regime again sloooowly.
Hugs,
Nancy
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-04, 13:45

No exercise today. FMS flare-up!

Hugs,
Nancy
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 17:41

Hi cali and Michelle!

Hope you ladies are OK as it is lonely in here!

Anyway dreadmill duty to = 30 minutes done Tuesday and Wednesday.

Hugs,
Nancy
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 10:29

Hey Girls!

I totally blew it !!! I ate like a nut !!! I could not feel anymore miserable than I feel right now!

I just tried to do pilates and and could hardly do one excercise. My arms can not support my weight. I do not know what I am going to do! Will check temps to see if I can walk today.

I am sooo discusted! Is anyone here???

Jimsbride
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 12:27

Hi Michelle and Cali!

I am here Michelle and I ate like a nut too...don't even want to say how much I weigh but don't know yet how much is water gain or actual poundage yet!

OK...I am back to my pedometer walking and have read up on it and it is suggested to look at the steps over the course of one week so I have done week one and am starting week 2 today. I am increasing my steps by 250 steps per week. Doesn't sound like much but you ladies know how careful we FMSers have to be.
Also want to start with yoga 2 x weekly in January.

So here are last weeks step stats:
22,058 steps=7.30mi=1,248 cal (I ate many more than I burned off believe me) 6 hr and 29 minutes walking.

This week goal is to walk at least 22,308 steps. Hmmm..guess I could try to post daily how close I am to my weekly goal.

Hugs,
nancy
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 12:29

Default Day 49 out of 50...18+ lbs...2 sz...to go !

OK,

I learned something very valuable today. I have to be very sensitive to GERD. Therefore pilates is a very timely excercise. I am not sure how walking affects it but I need to be careful with that too especially after I eat.

Today I want to try the other Pilates DVD I have and walk one mile. I will do the walking within a half hour.

That tis my goal!!!

Jimsbride
Where is everyone!!!
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 08:36

Default Day 48 out of 50...18+ lbs...2 sz...to go !

Today I am going to do 1 session with pilates and walk 1 mile.

I want to have this done by 1:00 PM

Where is everyone!!!!?

Jimsbride
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Dec-30-04, 12:47

Hi Michelle!

Here I am...as of today Thurs 12/30/04 I have walked 4,533 of my weekly goal of 22,308 steps. I got a lot of walking to do and I am in a flare-up but will just do the best I can.

Hugs,
Nancy
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 08:43

You can do it Nancy! Binging tears these FMS bodies up, don't they! I am amazed at what it has done to mine. Not to mention the 10 pound that the scale is accusing me of !!! GRRRR!!!!

Today I am going to walk 1 mile, and do 1 session of pilates! All of this done by 1:00PM.

Will check back to tell of my accomplishment!

jimsbride
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 10:52

Wow Michelle! That to me is a lot to accomplish!!!
I am in a flare-up and having company tonight to welcome in the New Year so my energy has got to be spent very wisely.
The most I can hope for is a bit of extra walking around the house. I got lots of food to fix and etc to get things ready as well as a nap to take.
DH is helping so that is a blessing. Company is staying overnight so it is a bit more work for me.
Anyway...toward my goal of 22,308 steps by next Monday noc I have a grand total of 6,692 <sigh> I can just do the best I can under the conditions I am under.
My scale showed a 10 lb weight gain too so I shoved it in the closet until I stop this rediculous eating which won't stop until Jan 2nd. I am hoping to start induction (again!!!!) then.
Happy and safe New year.
Hugs,
Nancy