Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 09:45

Plan: Curves eating plan
Stats: 186/152/140 Female 5'8'
BF:
Progress: 74%

Glendora -
See my journal for my progress with the Metabolic tune up. So far, so good. I'm on the last day of the "down" part of the cycle and I feel good. I'm down to my starting weight.
I'm interested to see how this goes for my next up cycle. The past couple weeks were very unusual ones for me, so it wasn't a very typical couple of weeks. I'll keep updating my journal with my progress if everyone is interested in checking it out. Please post comments there, too, if you need further explanation or more info!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-04, 11:22
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 155/120/115 Female 5'3
BF:37%/37%/25%
Progress: 88%

Hello everyone,
Im really intrested in joining curves. Ive been on adkins since Sept 1. But I need to exercise, and this curves diet sounds like a good idea to me. From what im hearing looks more like sbd. This thread was very intresting to me. I would love to hear more.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 06:14

Plan: Insulin Control Plan
Stats: 310/310/175 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi:

I borrowed the book from a friend this past week and I am going to start Phase 1 today. I still have to find the proper elastic to do the At Home Workout, but will do some walking this week until I find it.

I am waiting to see a Rheumatologist with some positive blood results for either arthritis in my right foot or lupus (they don't know yet) and I can't take any medication due to adverse reactions and allergies. Therefore, I am somewhat restricted to what I can do exercise-wise at the moment, but I really need to get my body moving somehow because I am starting to feel like a BLOB!!!!

I will post as the week goes on to let you know how I am doing!

Georgina
Chateauguay, QC
309.5/281.5/175
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-04, 07:19

Plan: Curves Diet
Stats: 234/224/175 Female 5 feet, 7 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Question about Curves diet Phases

Hi everybody--
I am new to this site, so I hope this is a good place to post this question.
I have been on the Curves diet for six weeks. I did two weeks of Phase I, and then I did two weeks of Phase II. During Phase II, I lost 3/4 pound per week and my Curves instructor told me I should do Phase III. On Phase III, I gained three pounds. Then, I went back to Phase I and have been there for about four days, and I have lost the weight I gained.

My question is, where do I go from here? I am still pretty far from my goal, only having lost ten pounds so far, (but I'm not complaining!). I am just not sure which Phase to do now.

Can anybody help me?
Thanks!
Judy
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 05:57

Plan: aitkens
Stats: 216/177/150 Female 5feet5inches
BF:
Progress: 59%

If you have more than 20 pounds to lose you stay on phase1 for 2 weeks so that will be the rest of this week and the next.If you have less than 20 pounds you go to phase 11 after you finish off this week.You stay on phase 11 until you stop losing or stay the same.Then you have to go to phase 111 and gain 2 to 3 pounds and then phase 1 for 2 or 3 days until you lose that weight.You have to do this for about a month.Each time you gain and lose it should be taking you longer to gain that 3 pounds.I write down the day and the weight and the phase I am in and that way I keep track.I am in the same boat with you.I lost 4 pounds first and then I stayed same and so I had to go to phase111 and have been doing it for a month.And then I went back on phase 1 and stayed same and so I am back on phase 111 for a month.I have been dieting for 30 years and so my metabolism is shot.Also I was on Aitkens for 1 and half years and am still low carb and I lost 40 pounds but I reached a standstill and am trying with Curves to jump start my metabolism.I have patience, I didn't get here in a week or two ot even a year ot too.Be patient and it will work as I see living proof of it at Curves.Sorry this was so long.Good luck and e-mail be any time you want to talk.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 07:49

BF:
Progress:
Default To Suntanlove

Thanks for the reply!
I was confused by the fact that I am supposed to do Phase III, then Phase I, then do that all over again a couple more times, without doing Phase II and seeing any more losses. After I do the Phase III/Phase I cycling for about a month, do I then go back to Phase II in order to lose more weight?
Sorry to be such a pain, but I thought you had to cycle through all three cycles a few times, not just I and III. That's how the book makes it sound to me.
Thanks again!
Judy
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 13:16

BF:
Progress:
Default I get it now

Okay, I totally get it now! I have to go Phase I and III for awhile til my metabolism rises and then I can go ahead and do Phase II again.
Thanks!
Judy
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 10:25
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Reviving this thread..

Began the power Challenge yesterday...and was looking to see if others were out there doing it!!

Dawn
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 13:53

Plan: Curves
Stats: 330/270/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

I'm in week 4 of the 6 week challenge. I lost 14 lbs in phase I, weeks 1 & 2.

Haven't lost any in 2 weeks of Phase 2, yet.

We get measured tomorrow, sure hope I'm at least 5" less...
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 14:49
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

SimplyDawn and Joan D...
both from Atlanta? wow...how cool is that?

Do you guys know each other?
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 15:34
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

HI there ladies, '

Just taking a break from journaling my meals... etc.. and saw there was a post here....

Joan..thats a great loss for you... and either way you look at it..inches or scale moving.. its leaving for good! I dont know Joan .. do I? LOL... I look forward to getting to know you tho.. feel free to pop by my place here on the web.. or even shoot me an email...

Thanks Judy for pointing that out! Grins.. guess what.. I am a former New yorker too.. been here in GA since 98... lived on Staten Island til about 8 y/o..then we moved north of syracuse/utica area.. nice to meetcha too...

My first week of phase 1 and weigh in is this Tues morning...
Love and Laughter,
Dawn
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 13:16

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

WOW, just checking back here after a long hiatus and I can't believe some of the stats I'm seeing! Incredible...good for you!

I did Curves for the first 2 weeks but then fell off the wagon. Or got back on the wagon. Or whatever that phrase is.

I came back to LC'ing just this week and am doing Atkins. I just couldn't do Curves because of the mental aspect: I felt like every day I was just squeaking closer to the time when I could eat "whatever I wanted". In other words, I was setting myself up to constantly feel deprived.

Even though it's psychological and I can identify it...it still trips me up. So I'm doing Atkins now and hopefully for life. I want to be healthy. That's my first goal. And being thin has, believe it or not, taken second place...still very very important, but not Number One.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a shout out and say you girls are doing an incredible job. You should be proud of yourselves. I'm really impressed...way to go!
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 22:09

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

Iam too doing the curves diet after having been on atkins for 1 1/2 years. For me curves diet is great and easier and I think healthier. Lean meats and low fat.
I go to curves 5 days aweek and love it.
I dont like the curves shakes with soy. But they have one with whey . cost is way more. but let me tell u .If your curves sell it get couple samples and try. They are so thich and great. They have 25 grams protien .
V Brown wasnt you doing atkins before?? what made you change?? They have book at walmart u can get to look at. and iam sure if you have Q. about diet they will help.you can have cottage chese and yougrt on curves atkins no. at least way down road. just read lables and watchthose fat grams and get lean cuts meat. Get good oil. i stay with using low carb dressings. and using flax seed. and drinking more water. i have a bet with self for 6 weeks. to see what i can do.good luck. enjoy curves.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-05, 05:21

Plan: aitkens
Stats: 216/177/150 Female 5feet5inches
BF:
Progress: 59%

So what is the bet?I am having an awful time getting any weight off.I lost at first two years ago and now i am losing and gaining the same 7 pounds or so.Any words of wisdom.I will be going to Curves for three years come this June.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-05, 16:49

Plan: Strict Atkins
Stats: 290/195/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amzippity
. (I think it's aweful when people stay on induction for 6 months!!!)

I!

Wow, being on induction for a long period is awful huh? Geepers, I am in the best health of my life, eat lots of good veggies, salads, high nutrient fruits, and proteins, have lost over 90+ pounds, kept it off for a year, and wow, how awful is that????? can't imagine what you must think of me - a true Atkins convert!!

Last edited by onehotmama : Sun, Mar-20-05 at 16:50. Reason: forgot a line