Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-04, 04:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/220/205 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

A little vital wheat gluten or WPI would help keep the crust together better (maybe 1/4 C.)

A very small amount of blackstrap molasses would give it a brown sugariness without added many carbs. Sugar twin, unless you live in Canada, is not all that great.

The biggest obstacle is the loss of texture from the missing corn syrup. That's probably the reason behind the 'scrambled egg' complaints. For those that can handle them, sugar alcohols would work nicely, especially maltitol syrup. I'm not a huge fan of swapping honey for dark corn syrup, but since sugar free honey is so available, it might not be horrible here. Erythritol might have a tendency to crystallize when cooled, but besides that, it could be suitable for this application.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-04, 18:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/228/175 Female 5 ft. 7 in
BF:
Progress: 18%
Thumbs up

These are wonderful ! My daughter fixed them this evening.
Nice treat.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-04, 21:46

Plan: Less talk, More action
Stats: 175/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Made these yesterday with walnuts...YUM!!
Will try them next time with almonds and almond essence.
Great recipe..Thanks!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Nov-24-04, 14:07

Plan: Atkins/ SB
Stats: 204/173.5/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I just made the pecan tassies and they are wonderful. If family members don't like is ok with me I'll eat them. Just take awhile I hope. They r so good is hard to eat just 1.

Marg
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-04, 10:23

Plan: Protein Power/6WBM
Stats: 181.5/139/129 Female 66"
BF:55%/27.5%/22%
Progress: 81%
Talking In memory of my mother-in-law

I was so happy to see the recipes for Pecan Tassies, because my late mother-in-law used to make these and they were a family favorite. Her recipe, of course, was definitely NOT low-carb! Anyway, I still have her 36-mini muffin pan and her special wooden "tamper" that she used to create the little depression for the filling. I'll make these for this Christmas; I'm so happy to have a recipe that is LC but still honors her memory.

Thanks a million!

Michelle
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-04, 11:17

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

For those who don't have the tool to indent them, here is what I do! I place a sheet of clear wrap across the muffin pan and then I use a tablespoon from my measuring set! It is just perfect! Of course, it is even better to have a tool a loved one used! Even better! I have a set of mixing bowls my Grandmother used and I also have the rolling pin she used on everything that my Grandfather had had handmade for her! Enjoy the holidays!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 12:52

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

I just made these today. I've always made the regular ones at Christmas. So glad to find this for LC ones. I did add wheat gluten, only about 1 Tablespoon. My crust crumbled away, but they are still good. Have to try again but use more next time. I'm saving the crumbs for a cheese cake I'm making for New Years Party.

The issue with the eggs cooking....I've always just used soft butter not melted. And since I used splenda I also mixed some Sweet and low brown sugar, and I whipped it for about 10min to get to mix really well.
Happy Holidays.