Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 13:14

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

After the 4th, I could use your old scale
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 13:18
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I wish I was seeing those wrong numbers again Bandito but I rather see the correct numbers and know where I am at then to just lie to myself.

You have done great though, look at you. WOO HOO!

Your so so close. How exciting. Keep it up!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 14:01

Stats: 234/160.8/150 Female 173
BF:37%/27%/23%
Progress: 87%

Well, I sure would like AFWife's results in everything!
I really dont care where they come from. Obviously, her body does react easily to shedding weight.

My personal observation, is that faster losers (and I might not be considered fast, but definately am above average on the losing poll) is that the faster losers have never been on a diet before, or at least not in recent years. I do think this goes with the "golden opportunity" theory.

Having not abused my body with a diet (other than gross overeating) on many other yo yo diets or low cal or any kind of diet at all, my body is rather happy about being on a healthy regime.

And in defence of supplements, I have to say that I do feel the OoO (wild mountian vulgare variety) has made a difference in my loss. And something never mentioned before, I think it worked in CONJUNCTION with the Q-10, and L-CArnitine.

Here is my stats for your reference. I think you can see the supplements do "seem" to have made a difference. But even if they havent, I am to scared to stop. I have been waiting for the dreaded stall, but except the one "0" week, I have not seen it.

My weekly stats looked like this....
Week 1 = lost 7 lbs
Week 2 = lost 5 lbs
Week 3 = lost 3 lbs
Week 4 = lost 3.25 lbs
Week 5 = lost 2 lbs
Week 6 = lost 2 lbs
Week 7 = lost 1.75 lbs (upped my fat percentages)
Week 8 = lost 2 lbs
Week 9 = lost 4 lbs (began L-Carnitine)
Week 10 = lost 3.5 lbs
Week 11 = lost 1.5 lbs
Week 12 = lost 1.5 lbs
Week 13 = lost 3.5 lbs
Week 14 = lost 2 lbs
Week 15 = lost 3.2 lbs
Week 16 = lost 3.8 lbs (began OoO)
Week 17 = lost 3.5 lbs
Week 18 = lost 0 lbs (This week was my first 0 loss week)
Week 19 = lost .5 lbs
Week 20 = lost 3.5 lbs
Week 21 = lost 3
Week 22 = lost 2
Week 23 = lost 1
Week 24 = lost 2
Week 25 = lost 2.5
Week 26 = lost 2.2

Tomorrow will be my 6 month anniversary and I am hoping for just one lb to hit a total 70 lbs loss.

One thing I do know, is that if you stick with it, it does work!
The trick is not the diet, but rather being able to just hang in there.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 14:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/190/180 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress: 90%

i am agree, we need to make a poll to see how many members actually have (had) success with Relacore or OoO.
I didn't even want to finish my bottle anymore.
question to AFWife, after stopping taking Relacore, have you noticed any difference, i mean, are you still loosing inches or not?
thanks
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 14:18

Stats: 2//50 Female 60''
BF:
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFwife
I am will continue to state that the products I have taken have worked for me, why should I lie?

I never said that you lied about your results while using these products. I said that your results were not at all typical or in line with the results that most others have experienced.

And it is my opinion that you're a bit of a cheerleader for these products that most people don't receive great benefit from. Like you said, I am entitled to my opinion. And I'm of the opinion that someone's continued bolstering of atypical positive results with the use of these products is not necessarily a great thing for folks that are very anxious to lose their excess weight.

Lastly, considering the truth regarding the more typical results seen by most who've used Relacore, or OoO for that matter, I'm not sure why it should seem fair that you're quick to tell someone to be careful when talking negatively about Relacore, but it's unfair to suggest that you should be careful when touting the questionable benefits of these products.

Anyway, I'll bow out of the conversation regarding Relacore and Oil of Oregano. I wasn't looking to get you or anyone else upset. I just thought a little balance needed to be brought to what's being said about these products. I've said all I have to say about them.

Peace
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 14:20

Plan: Strict Atkins
Stats: 290/195/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 68%

I have had wonderful success thus far, and do not attribute it to anything other than hard work and determination. I HAVE been on many other diets, however, until I decided once and for all to do this, nothing worked. I excersize, I eat well and I drink a lot of water. I personally think any plan will work if it is stuck to. I love this way of life, for me it is easy to follow, and that is why it is working. I don't believe in putting unnecessary drugs/supplements in my body, becuase god only knows how they will react later on. I do take a multivitamin adn oil of oregeno (for irritable bowel syndrome), and nothing else. I think if we are phsychologically dependent on stimulants or drugs to lose weight or inches, rather than learnign new behaviours of eating, we lose focus and it will be easier to regain later. Just my humble 2 cents, and not meant to criticize anyone, only my personal beliefs.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 14:27

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

OK Relacore I've heard of....but what's "the OoO"?

I thought it was a typo at first!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 14:42

Stats: 280/190/180 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindySue48
OK Relacore I've heard of....but what's "the OoO"?

I thought it was a typo at first!

OoO is Oil of Oregano
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 16:10
LOVING SUMMER

Plan: COUNTING THOSE CARBS
Stats: 188/140/125 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 76%

I think in the scheme of things we all find out what works for ourselves and share our ideas. However I think this thread was started in an immature manner. yes we need to hear the bad news as well as the good but come on you were looking for a fight as you worded your ideas. Maybe you should have started the thread in the "lowcarb war zone". We are all grown ups here and should act accordingly.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 16:32
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Amen Pkv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 17:55
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

<sigh> I don't feel AFWife was pushing anything. Did she ever say "You HAVE to take this! It works for EVERYONE!" ?? No. If a person runs out and takes a supplement based on ONE person's testimonial, they're foolish, IMHO. Conversely, if anyone wants to NOT take it because a person posts telling them not to, same opinion...

It's natural to be enthusiastic about something you feel is working for you. It's up to each individual to decide what supplements to take or not.

I've warned people off Starch Blockers based on my own experience, but hopefully I've presented it as such.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 18:46

Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Talking

this is the place where everybody tells what works for them, what they like and what they dont like about what ever. for instance, calling dr phil a doctor bothers me but ill get over it. and the mad cow picture were did ya get that. i raise cattle
after the scare from last year well, whatever its still a funny
picture............ FACT ATKINS WORKED FOR ME and talking to diffrent people in this form made it lotsa fun, then my wife found this site, i guess you can forget seeing pictures of my after or before, anyways she started doing atkins a while back and is doing so good, im so proud of her! ( i know shell be reading this tomorrow while im at work, she never talks shes a lurker, love ya honey) later ps. she likes dr phil! he still suxs to me.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 18:58
LOVING SUMMER

Plan: COUNTING THOSE CARBS
Stats: 188/140/125 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontno
this is the place where everybody tells what works for them, what they like and what they dont like about what ever. for instance, calling dr phil a doctor .

I can't believe I am going to respond to this! Dr Phil has a degree in Psychology.....that is why he is a doctor. Maybe you should re-read your post. It doesn't make sense.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 19:11
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Hmm as much as I agree that the thread could be titled better. I have to admit that the thread starter has a valid right to post an opinion. I posted to the actual OOO thread my results with the supplement. I recommended that people not do as I did and weight to weigh in because they might be in for a shock (6 pound gain in my case). Regardless, my post was immediately swallowed up in the thread of mostly positive posts. I think it's important that the negative and the positive be readily available to people who might be interested in taking these products. So as much as I agree with some of what's been said here. I am glad that someone stepped forward to say hey this might not give you the results you're looking for.

Gabrielle
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 19:12

Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

i m sorry, i know he does in psychology, but he is not and md but thinks its the same thing.... his coments about the atkins diet from the point of view of a psychology was out of line.
but i understand he is trying to make a living.. hey my wife likes him, but i dont! i still think he suxs.