Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 16:07

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshot
I am now at 215.

Then change your stats! Announce it to the world!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 06:20

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 225/214/180 Male 69 inches
BF:37%
Progress: 24%

Just got up and I went on the weight scale. I am proud to say that I lost another pound. I am now at 214.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 08:03
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Way to go!!! Glad you like it so far.

Quote:
I'm getting to be quite a cook.

Me, too. I enjoy it.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 11:56

Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Bigshot..looks like your doing well, so far!!
Keep listening to the folks around here...they know what they're talikng about!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 12:13
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hey Bigshot.. just wanted to drop in quick, say HI, and a pat on your back! You are off to a great start..

when you have a minute or two, stop into the java room, and jump into a cuppa whatever tickles your fancy =)
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 13:00

Plan: PP
Stats: 149.5/140.5/125 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 37%

What an excellent thread! Bigshot, you just did a really amazing thing, going from a burger-and-fries guy to giving yourself a bit of time to get organized/settle in to your new WOE, and then really diving in and cleaning it all up. I'm glad you're having fun with the cooking -- that's been a really fun thing for me, too. Being on a "diet" and cooking amazing treats 3 times a day? Woohoo! My BF is on the plan with me b/c he loves getting cooked for this way, can't believe his good luck, hehehe.

Also, it's awesome to see how helpful people were here on this thread. Asking to see menus, checking all the info -- that's real hands-on help. I am so impressed. Even from a bystander point of view, I'm grateful for all of the help!
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 22:43

As added incentive, I spent a good part of the afternoon reading "Protein Power Lifeplan". It is very convincing and I AM ON THE RIGHT TRACK. I will definitely pay close attention to my daily caloric need in order to maintain a caloric deficit as time goes on. I like what the book have to say about wild meat because my son and I hunt ever fall. Moose meat and venison is always available.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 07:23

Well, I seem to have reached a plateau around 210# or should I call it a period of arrested development. I'm at the stage where I feel real good, my feet don't hurt anymore (must have had slight gout)...I guess the 15# loss really made a difference. I will keep this PP phase 1 intervention until July 17th and then I will assess all circumstances. I might just have to continue for an indefinite period of time....what do you think? I'm now about half way reading PPlifeplan book and I find it quite interesting.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 10:21
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Congrats on your success so far. I say just keep going on intervention until you're closer to goal. Plateaus are normal; don't sweat it.

I really like the PPLP book, too. I re-read it from time to time. I particularly like their "kitchen renovation" chapter at the end, although most people don't read it until they've already started.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 16:38

Wow, a friend of mine died of a massive heart attack at the young age of 55 yo. I'm 60 going on 61 in Dec. What a bummer....anyway I didn't eat anything really disastrous except that I dropped in at the club and had 3 draft beers with clamato. I will go for a nice long walk tonight in an attempt to make up for it. You are a great bunch of sincere people and I'm glad to be among you.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 11:33

I'm getting back on tract despite the ups and down of life...I have put this PP plan top priority. I fell off the horse on that fishing trip and now I weight 214#. I'm getting back on my feet and getting back on the horse. Will keep in touch.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 17:43

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Ya know what, Bigshot? That's life. No one is perfect 100% of the time. We just all do the best we can do. No sense beating yourself up over it.

Plateaus are normal. Don't sweat 'em, as Kristine says. You're doing fine. You're already reaping many benefits from this WOE.

It may seem like a small (vain) thing, but I love wearing high heels, and I mean 4-inch heels. When I was up at 190, my feet hurt so bad when I wore anything more than a 1-inch heel -- not to mention a 190-pound woman looks comical trying to balance on point. Now that I'm approaching 150, the 4-inch heels feel good, and look good as well. Also, they're a size smaller than what I was wearing at 190 pounds!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 05:37

Wink

Tuesday, July 11th ...amazing how time flies. I finished the two weeks PP intervention program. My lowest weight attained was 210# to make it a round number. Since then, I have regained 4#. This morning, I'm starting a two week program where I will monitor my caloric intake. I already have two sets of charts...one for the calories and the other for the carbs and protein. At 214# my maintenance caloric need is 2334 cal/day...so according to Bawdy's formula (Thanks Bawdy) I will multiply 214x8=1712 cal/day to create a caloric deficit of 2334-1712= 622 cal/day. Now knowing that each pound of fat require the expenditure of 3500 calories, it will take me 3500/622=5.6 days to loose one pound. I will make it a round number of 1700 cal/day. This will be real hard bc I tried that before and I found it difficult to stay under 2000 cal/day. I also understand that the caloric calculation has to be done again as the weight is being lost. Maybe in a couple of weeks, I will have to be on a 1500cal/day. Anyway, without loosing sight of my PP requirement, 1700 cal/day it is.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 06:33
Registered Member

Plan: I am thinking power plan
Stats: 220/212/195 Male 5'11"
BF:25%
Progress: 32%

I do not know how you can only eat 1700 cals a day and stay on low carb....you might as well just do weight watchers and starve....I thought the reason for low carb was to eat..be satisfied and not woory about low cal...i am the same weight as you are and i guess if i have to start eating 1500 - 1700 calories to lose weight...i would be very disapointed.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 13:55

Mark, I understand what you mean. I love food too and I have a huge appetite but I want results with weight reduction. I don't want to go on cholesterol lowering drugs that my doctor wants to put me on. I got a deal with him and he's giving me until the end of January 2005 to get my HDL and LDL numbers along with the triglycerides in order. At that time he will evaluate if I should go on medication. I want my weight to be 175 at that time. I intend to be there.