Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 01:47
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking Friday June 18, daily CAD/CALP support

Hey guys,

Just wanna say that I'm very excited to have woken up to a 4 pound WHOOSH this morning.

I'm really enjoying doing this new plan and look forward to my RM every evening.

Thank you all for your support.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 05:20

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Good morning, everyone!

I am starting CAD on Monday officially, but I've basically been following the gist of the program all week. I thought I'd come by and introduce meself; hi! I'm Paris! The quick bio: I lost 80 pounds with Weight Watchers but began to binge/starve so I looked for something else. I tried the Zone and did well, but hated all of the math, it was worse than WW for me (which is a major feat!) and then went on to PPLP where I've been bouncing back and forth ever since. I love the idea of a trad LC plan, but I really don't think it works for me... so I thought of CAD. Originally, I brushed it aside due to my OA teachings on abstinence but when Lily and Becki decided to give it a go, I picked up the book (a perk of working at a bookstore where we have 100 copies!) and read most it on my lunch hour. CAD seems so liveable! I am extremely excited to begin officially, and be an active part of the CAD community here.

Lily - OMGoodness! Congrats on the woosh! You are going to be the next CAD success, girlfriend!

Have a lovely Thursday, CAD/CALP buddies! Paris
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 06:21

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Wow!

AFWife, that is wonderful! What a great surprise for you this morning! You deserve it, too

Paris..welcome! I grew up in Paris Ontario LOL ..I used to tell people at college that I was going home to "Paris" for the holidays and just let them think I meant France LOL. I hope CAD works out great for you, it is such a realistic, liveable program.

Morning everyone. Nothing much new with me except that the shoulder/arm that I hurt on Monday at the gym is not getting better as fast as I would like. I am trying to baby it along and last night just did leg weights and cardio, but I sure hope it is better soon. I hate to lose any of the progress I have made so far.

Made the mistake of going to the grocery store last night after the gym, BEFORE reward meal. Yikes.. came home with a cart full of 'treats'. One thing in particular, a box of Vachon Mille Feuilles, which are my arch enemies. Well, luckily good sense prevailed and I brought the WHOLE box in to work this morning to let the vultures have. They just aren't good for me! So, I guess I'm ok
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 06:33
Registered Member

Plan: No plan right now
Stats: 148/146/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hi Everyone

I was doing Atkins and having a hard time, so this week I have been trying my hand at CAD. My intention was to play at it this week and start for real next week, if I liked it. I haven't been doing it religiously but pretty good, I think. Now my problem is this....when I eat a reward meal, I feel bloated and gassy the next morning. This is the way I used to feel before Atkins and one of the reasons I liked Atkins so much. All of that bloating and gassiness was completely gone. I really think my body doesn't tolerate white flour and sugar very well. Could I still do CAD and leave out these things? Would that work? Or should I go back to Atkins. I really enjoy the reward meal but wonder if the consequences are worth it.

Someone with some experience please help!!!

Deanna
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 06:37
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Hope some one can answer that for ya Deanna.

My question for ya'll is, is it normal to feel hungry just an hour after eating your RM?

I ate good last night and about an hour and a half later I was starving again.

Maybe that was just the Whoosh Fairy burn all my calories up.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 06:44

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi Deanna

There is certainly no requirement to eat sugar or flour at a reward meal. You can have any carb foods you like, that agree with you, for the carb portion of your reward meal. For instance, what about some oatmeal, sweet potatoes, or even carrots or peas? There are a million choices that don't require you to eat food that bloats you and makes you feel bad. A lot of us have identified foods that make us feel bad, and choose to leave those out.

AFWife, I have noticed that I am wayyy more hungry when the whoosh fairy comes. But there is always a chance that it could be something in particular that you had at your RM. Wait and see if you feel this way again, without a resulting whoosh. If you do, we can start to track down what it might be.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 06:46
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Thanks Vel,

I will keep watch to see if it happens again tonight. Thanks!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 07:08
Registered Member

Plan: No plan right now
Stats: 148/146/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Thanks Vel.

Deanna
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 08:25
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Good Friday morning!
TGIF! I am ready for the weekend. I am really hot after my hour walk in the heat, so sitting here is a good cool down. I plan to swim after I lift weights this afternoon.
About RMs- I rarely had sugar/white flour/white rice/white potatoes the whole time I was trying to lose. I still don't eat the bread, rice or potatoes. Last night I made a roasted chicken, snap peas, brown rice (but I didn't have any rice) and salad. For my carbs I had ice cold canary melon- and it was wonderful. Tonight it will be leftover chicken, salad and a baked sweet potato. You can pick and choose your carbs.
Enjoy your day-
E
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 08:40

Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Good Morning everyone, well maybe not so good. I am at 131 today, haven't been there in months. I checked and the inches are all the same as when I was at 126. I know it's not that much weight but my average is going to be around 129.5 this week and that's not good. It's probably the water weight from lifting but I still will complain just because that's me.

It's good to see all the new faces. Hope everyone has a great day.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 14:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:

hi guys, you are all doing great. Afwife, congratulations girl. great job. i had a great day yesterday, stayed right on program. same with today, i had my rm for lunch, i did that yesterday too. i work at a deli, and i just love so much of the foods that are there, i just cant wait till dinner sometimes. it worked out alright yesterday. i think i will be just fine on it today. i am going to atlantic city tomorrow to see my husbands grandpop for fathers day so i probably wont get to post before i leave. lets all have a great weekend, and i will stay on track.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 15:22

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 162/153/145 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Amy, if you are working out daily, and the inches are the same, but the weight is going up, you might consider that you are increasing muscle mass, which is a GOOD thing. It has happened to me in the past.

I had a miniwhoosh the last day or so, too, but then I've been really really behaving myself this week. My DH ("Mr vegetarian pass the toast, please") comes home tonight. He loves his carbs. I think I'm gonna talk to him about SB, which apparently is vegetarian friendly.

Hey, I discovered plain, unflavored, carbonated water, with a twist of lemon or lime, this week. Not bad on ice! Just in time, too - it's supposed to be in upper 80's today.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 16:39

Plan: lowcarb hybrid
Stats: 185/150/144 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I was up a pound this week too- but then I always gain weight in the summer! It's true- I'm perky and cheerful and lose easily in the winter and am cranky and gain in the summer. Makes no sense to me.
So not happy about the extra pound but everything still fits the same and I've just started lifting weights (arms and abs only for right now) so maybe that's it--
Good luck to everyone this weekend-- Cathy
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 16:43
«º°¤§µgä&§pïcꤰº»

Plan: LC Paleo/IF
Stats: 185/161/142 Female 66 inches (5'6")
BF:All over
Progress: 56%

Hi everyone...

Lily big congrats!!!

Welcome Paris.

Amy keep up the great work...just give it time and you'll start seeing and feeling the improvements.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 17:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:

this is where i am at right now, i wrote this on diettalk--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think i am just gonna hang out at the eating disorder thread. all the support and tools that i am given are not helping me to do this. i binged again tonight. this is just something i am gonna have to do on my own. i get plenty of great advice and i cant even begin to let you all know how much support i get here. but i just cant seem to get it together and i have to find out why. so right now this is a personal fight within me. i thank you for including me in your challenge but i just cant do this anymore. i am not helping myself by posting everyday and saying i am gonna do it, i am still talking the talk and not walking the walk. the answer has to come from within me, all the books ,diets and advice i get will not help me do this, it is in me, i have to find it, i am afraid i will not find it in a book or on a specific diet plan. i need to look long and hard within me to find out why i do the things i do to support me being overweight. this is all on me. i know you guys will continue doing well. thanks again.