Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 19:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/202/165 Male 68 inches
BF:Don't/Wanna/Know
Progress: 29%

Dang....I can feel my brain cells exploding from all the scientific info. Nicely done!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-04, 11:45

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 172/134/122 Female 5'1 and 1/2
BF:
Progress: 76%

FYI... I e-mailed Dreamfields about whether they were going to come out with a lasanga noodle and they said early next year. I can't wait !!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 10:36

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi folks

I have just bought the linguine, and I am actually still baffled as to what makes one serving. Is it enough??

I will be making linguine and baby clams. Yum!
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 10:47
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Hi Itty. Though I have never made the linguine, I found the spaghetti and the...shoot forgot the other one I tried...but both were extremely filling. I love this pasta. They actually had boxes of the Atkins stuff at the dollar store and I didn’t bother. I mean what’s the point if you can have something that tastes like this. For me at least there are no spikes in hunger or weight.

Gabrielle
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 11:01
Finding Balance

Plan: Atkins/PP Maint, IF24/24
Stats: 162/123/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:~50%/23.9%/20%
Progress: 93%

I use a scale to measure my one serving, it gives the number of grams in a serving on the label. It also has the amount (1/2c, 3/4c etc.) for one serving, but I find it too difficult to measure accurately. I have tried the penne and elbow noodles, and one serving (as weighed on my scale before cooking) makes a good filling portion.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 07:45
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

i boil mine til its al dente, which is usually 9 to 10 minutes, but it varies!

also, since the long noodles are hard to measure, i use the penne, since it takes up more room in the bowl and it tricks my mind into thinking i am eating way more than i really am. i haven't tried the elbows, but i will when i want to make mac-and-cheese.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 17:00

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I made the elbows last night and they were excellent. I wasn't feeling terribly creative but I mixed mine with a LC cheese sauce from Ragu. I also added some extra cheddar. It was really good.

I used to like mac and cheese mixed up with chopped brocolli and ground beef. Looking forward to being able to have that again every now and then using these elbows.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 19:19
Registered Member

Stats: 200/190/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

It is very odd. I became very hungry about an hour after eating about 3/4 c. Dreamfields penne cooked al dente. I can actually eat several (6) of Hershey's new low sugar Kisses and feel less hungry as long as I eat them with nuts.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Oct-17-04, 21:18

Plan: lc slim fast w/lc dinner
Stats: 246/208/130 Female 5'4
BF:36
Progress: 33%

I have ate dreamfields pasta. I feel hunger and cravings after about an hour. Of course this was after I refrigerated it and heated it up again. When I ate it just after cooking I would have stomach distress like lc candy will do with malitol. Has anyone had that problem? I wish it was something I could eat because it was a treat. I think I will leave it alone. The stomach distress was no fun.

Tonya3
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 13:26
Registered Member

Plan: Semi-LC, Organic, Natural
Stats: 168/158/140 Female 67
BF:26%/26%/22%
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya3
I have ate dreamfields pasta. I feel hunger and cravings after about an hour. Of course this was after I refrigerated it and heated it up again. When I ate it just after cooking I would have stomach distress like lc candy will do with malitol. Has anyone had that problem? I wish it was something I could eat because it was a treat. I think I will leave it alone. The stomach distress was no fun.

Tonya3

Could you elaborate on the stomach distress. I recently tried the dreamfields pasta this week. I had the elbows on two occassions, both were just the serving size, around a half of cup.

Both times I boiled them in water and a little olive oil and may have slightly overcooked them; however, I tend to like my pasta in that fashion.

Last night, I had was and looked bloated. I remember I felt extremely full after that serving and after the one the day prior. This morning my stomach is killing me; I had three passings in less than a three hour period.

In my two weeks going SB, I have not had anything resembling that effect. Besides minor gas, I experience no reoccuring runs to the restroom.
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 13:32
Registered Member

Plan: Semi-LC, Organic, Natural
Stats: 168/158/140 Female 67
BF:26%/26%/22%

I should also add that I had LC waffles with syrup (which I believe uses malitol) for breakfast on yesterday.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 13:36
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Diets suck I have never had the maladies that you describe above from the dream fields. I have had exactly that from the LC syrup. The thing is it was usually right away not hours after consuming breakfast and lunch as yours seemed to be. It is possible that something in the pasta just doesn't agree with you. This happens all the time with foods.
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 12:24

Plan: lc slim fast w/lc dinner
Stats: 246/208/130 Female 5'4
BF:36
Progress: 33%

Yes regarding above post it gave me same problems malitol does. I will have to stay away from dreamfields pasta this was the second time I had the same problem. I do boil my noodles a long time too. I like them soft.

All good things must come to an end it seems.
TOO good be true for me. (so sad for me) LOL!

I am glad that some of the people can tolerate the pasta though.
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 12:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 308/260/175 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:

Just hopping in -- hadn't tried Dreamfields (fear). Now it doesn't sound half bad. Pasta looming in the near future.

Deneen
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 15:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I understood , correct me if I'm wrong that this pasta must be boiled for the correct amount of time 9 or 10 mins or the coating that protects you from absorbing all the carbs in it is diminished and it is then like eating regular pasta. I must say I have enjoyed the linquini,& spaghetti so far and it is great tasting. I make sure I weigh out exactly 85 grams and I'm thrilled that that seems to be very filling. This from a former pasta queen who could eat a large bowl full. I don't eat it very often, but I really enjoy it when I do.