Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 14:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey everyone!

So nice to see y'all again. Nice to meet you Louise! Good Luck to you too, Shiela!

Mohan, good luck too with getting off this darn stall! I'm glad you've lost that first ten pounds, though!

You know, todays' group, we've lost almost 200 lbs between us (thanks for the boost, humm!)

Good for us!

Mary
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 18:48
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Hi all,

Nice meeting you today -- it was a great place, great food and best of all, great company!! Thanks for organizing it, Mary.

I'll be away for a few days -- having surgery tomorrow. Hope to be around again on Wednesday.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 19:51

BF:

Take care, Hummelda! And don't forget to drink your water...

hahaha!

M
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 20:40
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Thanks Mary!

I am a very good patient. I had surgery last year (at 90 pounds heavier) and I think I drank the most water of anyone they had ever had in the place. And because of that, my digestive system was in much better post-operative shape than anyone else's! The nurses were amazed. I remember on the day of surgery, drinking water every time I came to. Never fear -- water and I are excellent friends!
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 09:41

BF:

Michele-67... I tried the peanut butter cups... Upset my stomach like you woulnd't believe!! I guess I can't take the maltitol... I would much rather have regular, full carb cups than that one any day, and suffer the weight gain!

The wraps were made into pizzas... dry! Had to cover them in oil (yum). But I'll try making fajitas some time this week or next...

Thought you might like to know!
Mary
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 10:18

Stats: 191/179.4/128 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Good price on prosciutto

Thanks very much for the mock sushi recipe. The name 'fat bomb' wont win any prizes in my household Pre-sliced prosciutto is on sale at No Frills this week for $2.97, 454 gr. container. The brand name is San Daniele. Everytime it goes on sale I stock up like a mad woman, it's my favourite 'snack' food. Gotta love this wol.

Sorry I missed you on Sunday, the cottage show was good but very crowded.

I like the peanut butter cups from the Nutty Chocolatier, they are big, inexpensive and have nice salty peanut butter. They are heavy on the maltitol but it doesn't bother me (probably because I eat it on a regular basis).
I actually spit out the Atkins p.b. cups, I don't waste my carbs on garbage!!!
If you are real chocoholic and need some amazing Belgian chocolate let me know, I buy it in 5 kg. slabs and could be pursuaded to make up some grab bags. I also buy s/f chocolate chips in 50 lbs. cases for my business..Also the Davinci s/f flavoured syrups are available in Toronto retail, I think that they're about $12 ea. and most of the flavours are available.
I have leads on all kinds of other low carb stuff. Let's trade info.
Kindest, Michelle

p.s. I am doing recipe testing on l/c choc. chip cookies and have found the Dana Carpender one the best (Mom's choc. chip cookies) I replace the splenda with a mixture of 1/2 isomalt and 1/2 splenda to lower the 'aftertaste'. Any other comments/suggestions.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 10:31

BF:

Wow!

Chacolate is your thing, isn't it? Yeah, I get into phases... once I have one tiny morsel of chocolate, I eat tons of it until one day I get too busy and forget about it. Then I stop. S/F choolate chips, eh? Well, I am finally getting used to dark chocolate, so I can always try that.

Now, if I can convince my roommate to stop bringing home choc covered almonds...!

Mary
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 10:36

BF:

Did I forget to mention that after graduating from the chef program I did post graduate studies in chocolate and sugar arts?
I'm just a 'natural' low carb diet candiate
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 11:15

BF:

M
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 18:21
Registered Member

Stats: 301/230/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi - It was great to see everyone on Sunday!!

Mary - oooh.. maltitol and tummy trouble... it can have that effect on some people. I have made some pb cups made with splenda, from a recipe is on the site. They were quite good. I'm sure the wraps will be good for fajitas. I have also used them for quesadillas.

chefmichel - Do you know where I can get good quality unsweetened chocolate? I want to try some of Karen's recipes on the site, but they specifically call for good quality chocolate (and the only thing in my pantry is Bakers). Also, do you know where to get Divinci Syrups besides Zuccarini? I have bought from them, but they are not really convenient for me.

Thanks... Michele
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 18:40

BF:

Hi Michele,
Yes you can buy good quality chocolate at www.qzina.com. I have an account and order large quantity they might be willing to sell you a 5 kg. slab if you go and pick it up, but it will be expensive.
Baker's isn't the worst stuff in the world. You might try John Vince Foods and some Bulk Barns sell bulk unsweetened chocolate.

I get my davinci from zuccharini , sure it's in the west end of but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than paying for shipping when you order it on the internet.
Maybe we could do a group purchase for the next get together.

Michelle
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 19:07
Registered Member

Stats: 220/158/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

I live in Etobicoke and I go to Bruno's Fine Foods... They have Belgium sugar free chocolate... I use it in everything. They also have a lot of imported items
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 20:14
Registered Member

Stats: 301/230/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thanks, Percy. I'll check it out.
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 09:34

BF:

Hey y'all

Do we have any ideas for our next get-to? End of April or beginning of May is great for me, since I have work on May 15. And do we want a Saturday evening?

I would love feedback from anyone who might want to come eat!

Mary
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 09:34

BF:

Hi Mary,
How about something on the Danforth? Greek restaurant, it's on the subway and easy to stay low carb. Try any date.
Is anyone considering using a personal trainer. I've been stalled at my weight for 4 months, eat well, excercise regularily. I have never been this small in over 20 years but still have flab that prevents me from wearing a 2 piece bathing suit.
I mean 144 at 5'3'' is hardly tiny!!!
Any thoughts?
Michelle