Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 21:15
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 199/166/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 67%

Thanks Colleen, I thought - rather hoped - it was something like a Triple Black Ice which I do miss.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:00

Plan: Dirty Carnivore
Stats: 197/150/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hubby can't stand the low carb beers. He hasn't tried Sleemans yet though. He tried Sterling and he said it tastes like Pilsner but without the buzz lol. He also complained about a gross aftertaste. He even missed the beer belches (I however...didn't lol) nor the smelly beer farts!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:06
Out of service...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/205.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmaker
He hasn't tried Sleemans yet though. He tried Sterling and he said it tastes like Pilsner but without the buzz lol. He also complained about a gross aftertaste.

I didn't like the Sterling either... it tasted like it had carbonated water in it or something... it was fizzy tasting to me. Like all good Manitoban's, Lab Lite was always my beer of choice, but I really didn't like the Sterling at all. I love the Sleeman's clear though, so get him to give it a try. I haven't tried the Molson's...

Jenn
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:08
Out of service...

Stats: 220/205.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Drumroll please.....

Well, we ordered the New York Deli (4 gm per slice for a medium) pizza from Panago's last night, and I was more than happy with it!
DH, myself and our friend Julia all had it for dinner, and we all thought it was great... DH claimed that my deep dish pizza quiche is better, so he didn't get to have a third piece!
It tasted like a pizza with a super thin crispy crust, and it was good. I would recommend it to anyone!!

Jenn
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:57

Stats: 210/210/160 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for the pizza info Jenn. I think Hubby and I will have to try this pizza soon. Maybe tonight.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 10:11

Stats: 260/234/180 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 33%

I had the panago low-carb pizza last night. Unfortunately, I took it a little overboard. I think that stuff needs to be a very occasional treat because I love Pizza and ended up eating 1/2 doz slices. MMMM Pizza
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 01:13

BF:

I had LC panago pizza tonight. Just had plain cheese and it was good. I found the crust might have been a little bit over cooked but all in all it was nice to have almost regular pizza. I think next time I'll order something with a little more toppings. I'm just really picky with pizza though.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 08:26

Stats: 197/164/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 70%

I can't wait to try it but my husband is picky so he would want to order from another place for his pizza.

I tried the Molson beer and found the taste a bit heavy with a bitter aftertaste, but for those who like that in a beer then it might be the way to go.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 21:30

Plan: The Obesity Code
Stats: 563/521/199 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I ordered a medium tonight. I got the New York Deli w/ White Jalepeno sauce. He said that was their lowest carb sauce. *shrug*. It was probably around 5-6 carbs a slice, and I ate all 8 slices in about 15 minutes... but it's a treat. Tommorow i'm off to the gym bright and early to work it all off. It's good pizza, but it's definately not a low carb solution. It's good for normal people though, who just want to cut back on carbs.

BTW, the guy on the phone told me that the Medditerrenian was the lowest in carbs.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 10:11

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

I know Villages has LC Pizza (they were the first in Victoria to have it - there was an article in the TC).

I didn't know King George's had it, too. I know they took over the Villages location in Colwood/Langford (and I wasn't impressed with their selection when we ordered and were given "substitutes").

Chris's on Goldstream is working on it. I sent him a pile of links to various bread and the like recipes because we were talking about it. His major drawback is the cost of the ingredients, as he is a single operation, rather than a franchise.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 13:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins + Yogurt
Stats: 195/150/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 75%

cmcole...you may want to tell him [Chris's Pizza] about the Villages Pizza Mix is available from Son's Milling in Victoria....They are selling it to like Thriftys so am sure he can get it wholesale somewhere.
Jan
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 14:45

Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

I had some of this pizza the other day. Soooooo good!!! The crust is thin, and a little chewy, but i was pleasantly surprised. It is very hard to stop at 1 piece, and i *ahem* ate 3.. I recommend it highly! another option instead of the subway wraps
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 19:53
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 199/166/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 67%
Thumbs up

Wow, we just had the Panago LC Pizza for dinner. What a treat. The deep-dish pizza quiche is nummy, but this is a nice treat. If you want more info, their website gives the full scoop on their LC choices. We just went with the pepperoni, because that's all the kids eat, and all thoroughly enjoyed it. It almost reminds of a trendy restaurant pizza on a super thin, crispy crust.
Have a good weekend all.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 13:52

Stats: 242/235.8/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 7%

We had it for dinner on Friday night and decided it was too soggy to be exactly like *real* pizza. It doesn't have that same crunch thunch that regular pizza has (i was always a big crust fan). But it does hit that drippy cheese, tomato sauce lots of meet goodness craving. I think we got the New York Deli too so we will probably order it again.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 15:48

BF:

Cordelia, what do you mean by soggy? The panago here cooks it so crispy. I agree that it's not exactly like regular pizza though.