Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 14:27

Plan: syndromeX
Stats: 231/220/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 14%

I started on this yesterday. I bought the kind that is with the olive oil base. I did notice that I am burping (excuse me!LOL!) oregano! Thought that was funny!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 15:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

i havent had any burping troubles, that is funny. my mom takes the kind with olive oil, she couldnt get the kind with flax and said it is working great for her
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 15:28

Plan: Hypoallergenic diet
Stats: 117/112/- Female 64"
BF:
Progress:

I have some that I've had for a long time, ever since battling yeast, and it's SO disgusting (it's the concentrated oil--no capsule ) that I just haven't taken any. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea (if it isn't expired!) to give it a shot. I've been experiencing some potentially yeast-related bloating lately.

I'll see if it's still worth using and report any results I get, okay?
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 15:31

BF:

what about buying those empty knox gelatin caps and putting your oil in there so you can just swallow it. i know i dont think i could take it unless in a capsule. i would gag at the thought of putting that directly on my tongue or something.
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 16:58
Registered Member

Stats: 175/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 47%

hi, I've been taking wild oil of oregano for the last month or so and I have found
that I have more energy as for weight loss it has helped when I have stalled to
move the scale downward.
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 17:01

BF:

diamond thanks for the information, i have been on it about 17 days and have just really started the scale moving again. the curves my mom attends have had ladies lose quite alot of weight while taking it. i hope it continues to work, and i can always use the added energy, but like i said i take mine in the morning so im not up all night.
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 17:07
I'm Losin' It

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%
Wink

[QUOTE=2brickie]what about buying those empty knox gelatin caps and putting your oil in there so you can just swallow it. i know i dont think i could take it unless in a capsule. i would gag at the thought of putting that directly on my tongue or something.

Good idea!! I have been putting it a small amount of water and swallowing it JUST before my first bit of breakfast.
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 17:42
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I have read through all the posting, and I can't help but think to myself. Here we all go again. Someone comes along and says they have found the "cure" and everyone goes running for the pills. Hopeing this will be the thing that will push the scale down the fastest route. Before I jump on any band wagon, I think I would like to read a lot more on the subject. I have taken and done everything from here to there, and so far in life I have no magic anything to lose weight. Atkins excluded ofcourse .

I agree with Red I'd be interested in hearing what the moderators have to say about this.
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 18:06
Call me Magic

Stats: 238/194/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 56%

Here is a link that may give some of you some extra info -- any way you look at it it seems like Oil of Oregano has a multitude of benefits regardless of whether it helps with a stall or not!

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/oregano.html
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 18:17

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

From what I've read about oil of oregano, I haven't found any site that makes claims that it helps with weight loss. What it does seem to have been used for traditionally is to treat fungal and bacterial infections as well as respiratory ailments such as bronchitis, asthma and allergies. The herb is mentioned in the Bible as "Hyssop" and has been used since that time if not well before then.
It would seem, I think, to appear to be a weight loss aid if you've had a problem with yeast overgrowth and started taking it inadvertantly dealing with the yeast problem that was interfering with weight loss. I do suspect, given the widespread use of antibiotics in recent years that many people do have a problem with yeast overgrowth without even realizing it.
No, I don't think it's any kind of "magic bullet", but it probably won't hurt even if you really don't need it unless, of course, the money could have been better spent on other things that you do need.
A larger concern for me is the issue of people looking for that "magic pill" that will send the scale speeding downward. Many such "cures" have come and gone and to date none of them has proven to work as advertised for more than a handful of people.
My personal opinion is that when it comes down to it, nothing can replace eating right, getting enough sleep and excercising to provide weight loss. If you have medical issues, by all means address those as well but really...there is no magic weight loss pill out there.
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 20:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:

I wonder if the reason it speeds up your weight loss is that it makes you sleep less.
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 20:59

Plan: Hypoallergenic diet
Stats: 117/112/- Female 64"
BF:
Progress:

I always thought sleeping more helped with weight loss, but you're right, the extra moving around could contribute.
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 21:25

BF:

i dont know but i went to the site above and thats alot of stuff it supposedly helps. im wondering if i did have a yeast thing going on, whateever it helped me so maybe it can help others
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 21:39
Registered Member

Plan: self low carbing
Stats: 210/210/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Don't know
Progress: 0%

I can't wait, even if it just helps with my asthma that is a miracle enough!
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 21:52
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I decided to pick some up. I don't think they would magically help with weight loss, but the yeast connection interested me. I am currently on antibiotics, and know I have had yeast troubles in the past. So maybe by taking these along with eating my yogurt, and having yeast fighters, I can prevent a candidia flair up that could result in no weight loss or other problems.