Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 07:19
Registered Member

Plan: personal
Stats: 150/137/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default I wonder???

Ladies!!! so I finally got the Taebo workout in the mail, but I'm a bit disapointed that I didnt recieve the 2 DVD set like I paid for...oh well, Im taking it up with Amazon...yikes!
Secondly, something really great happened, I got a job! (last Weds.)
woo hoo!!! I work downtown on the lower West side...its a bit of a hike (2 hours both ways) but it is worth it. The enviorment is very laid back, the people are nice, and the pay and benefits are decent.
The only downfall to this is I am very tired when I get home (at around 7:00 PM) and I just havent been exercising. As well I get up early in the morning 5:30 a.m. to prepare for work. I got up early this morning trying to do the workout at 5:00 am. but I am so comfy, and lazy pretty much...argh!
Right now I am still at my weight of 146 lbs. I havent gained or lost anything for this whole month, and I have been working out 5 days a week since last weds. I figured I have been pushing myself, so I shouldn't worry to much as long as I'm not gaining, but its truly been hard and disappointing to not be losing...
Back to Taebo; on the get ripped series, there is a 8 minute segment...I wonder can just 8 mins. a day really make a difference? I also got a 15 minute DVD for weight training, maybe combining these 2 can start getting the pounds off, unlike super cardio from the Firm...what do you guys think? Its pretty tough being so tired, and I do need to find a schedule to keep losing and staying active, in my now busy life...

Last edited by poppyhorse : Wed, Feb-25-04 at 11:38.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 07:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/130.5/132 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:Don't have a clue
Progress: 105%

Hey poppy. First and foremost, congratulations on the job. Woohoo!!! Second, I think that doing the 8 minute tape with the weight training tape is a good work out. Count that as your strength training day and on the weekends if you can get more cardio in. I do the same thing, on my weight training day I do the 8 minute and then the Firm upper body workout. I didn't know that there was a tae-bo weight training. Please let me know how it it. I may have to invest in it.

Have a great day!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 11:38
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie005
Hey poppy. First and foremost, congratulations on the job. Woohoo!!! Second, I think that doing the 8 minute tape with the weight training tape is a good work out. Count that as your strength training day and on the weekends if you can get more cardio in. I do the same thing, on my weight training day I do the 8 minute and then the Firm upper body workout. I didn't know that there was a tae-bo weight training. Please let me know how it it. I may have to invest in it.

Have a great day!

Jackie, thanks for the advice. As for the Taebo, I only have the get ripped version...I also have a weight training DVD from Tamilee Webb...I just also received that. I have not as yet, started either program, I just been so tired...I'm not use to such long days, and I know I should exercise but I first need more energy. I want to go to sleep once I get home, and I force myself to stay up, till at least 9 o' clock...on the upside to all this I do manage to get in some sort of workout. My job location is 11th ~ 27th st. I get off the train at 34th. I power walk daily on the way in, and on the way out. My jeans are looser, but darnit! everytime I get on the scale it reads 146lbs. maybe its the scale and I should get a new one!!! lol
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 19:32

Poppy, dump the scale until it becomes your friend again. Loose jeans very good sign and you do get a good cardio workout with your walks. Are you taking any supplements for energy?
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 07:11
Registered Member

BF:

Are you taking any supplements for energy?

The answer to your question is no. I've considered it...something like guarana...but I havent even gotten to the health food store...what is your suggestion for energy or health supplement to give me some pep?
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 11:46

Stats: 201/165.8/145 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

Just had to report that i'm now teaming up my tae bo tapes with my firm workouts for a complete workout regimen.

Billy B really know how ta work ya!!
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 11:54

Hi Poppy. I take the Atkins Dieter's Advantage for the energy I need. When I first started Atkins back in december I wasn't using that supplement and was always run down. But since I've been using it (since mid-January) I've noticed that my energy level has increased. I take 2 pills once in the morning and another 2 in the afternoon. It's recommended that you take them 1 hour before exercise or a meal.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 11:54

Tasha - welcome to the tae-bo site. Took you long enough. LOL
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 06:29

Did the 8 minute plus the Firm tape today. I think next week I'm going to move into the Ripped tapes just to break the monotony a bit. Enjoy your day everyone.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 17:08
Registered Member

Stats: 235/230/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default TaeBo

I am SO HAPPY to see this Tae Bo site!! I have been doing it for 3 weeks and have more energy than I have ever had in my entire life! It is also the only exercise video I have ever looked forward to doing.

Glad to meet other Tae Bo fans!

Tonya
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 07:32

Hi Tonya. Welcome to the forum. I just love Tae-bo to death. I was watching the infomercial for the new Tae-bo 2004 and realized that I've been doing it since the original Tae-bo. I've always enjoyed doing it with hand weights makes me work harder.

Hi Poppy... how are you doing? Has your energy level increased?
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 09:04
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie005
Hi Tonya. Welcome to the forum. I just love Tae-bo to death. I was watching the infomercial for the new Tae-bo 2004 and realized that I've been doing it since the original Tae-bo. I've always enjoyed doing it with hand weights makes me work harder.

Hi Poppy... how are you doing? Has your energy level increased?

Jackie, I'm doing alright I guess. Still sticking to everything. Surprisingly enough when I started Induction, I was really peppy...had lots of energy, but tomorrow will be my first week of doing Induction, and for the last 3 days I have been totally exhausted. I force myself to do my workout, now its 45 min. with a wieght training segment...I sometimes feel so drained that I dont even want to do the workout, but I know I need to...I guess my body is finally aglamating to the new regime...I did buy a multi-vitamin upon your suggestion yesterday...Maybe that will help with my lack of energy. I mean Im 26 years old, I shouldnt be so tired that Im going to bed at 8:00 After a workout! lol
Hopefully I will get back some pep, cause I surely need it!

#43   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 11:17
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hi Poppy!

Hi Poppy!

Don't let it get you discouraged. I also did not feel increased energy after my first few days of induction. After about 3 weeks I noticed a little bit and the last couple of weeks have been FANTASTIC! I can't stay busy enough.

Hang in there, the exercise and diet will start working together for you soon!
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 11:19
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hi Jackie!

Hi Jackie!

Thanks for the very warm welcome and congratulations on hitting your weight goal!

I believe I will make this my new "hangout" at the forum

Everyone here is so nice!
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 11:33

Hey Tonya. Start a journal.