Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 00:14

Plan: schwarzbein/atkins
Stats: 200/175/130
BF:?
Progress: 36%

What you are experiencing is not unusual if you are used to consuming a lot of carbs. After 2-3 days you should experience the best part of this WOL...reduced appetite and no cravings!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 06:33
Registered Member

Plan: Southkins
Stats: 280/252/190 Female 5'9"
BF:Let's/notgo/there
Progress: 31%

Thats a link I didn't have....lots of good ideas! Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emly
Actually, according to an update on Jan 20th, 2004 there is no limit recommended on tomatoes. This comes from the Daily Dish, which is the South Beach Diet online daily newletter. There were also changes made to allowed dairy products. For more info and updates check out this link: http://www.mizfrogspad.com/south_beach_diet.htm
It lists the updates about halfway down the page.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 13:53

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 183/175/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 24%

I just started yesterday....and i felt hungry all day long too. I wanted to give up so badly, but my husband convinced me to stick to it for a couple of days to try it out. Well its day 2 and i'm actually not that hungry as i was yesterday. i think it was just the shock to my body. Crossing my fingers this will work for me! Good luck to all of you.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 20:35
Registered Member

Plan: Southkins
Stats: 280/252/190 Female 5'9"
BF:Let's/notgo/there
Progress: 31%

My first four days of the diet were really bad....I could have cried because I really am not much of a meat eater and I stayed hungry! The one thing that got me over the hump was sugar free Jello and some sugar free popcicles. I am really proud of myself tonight because I passed places in the mall that would have normally been a problem for me, but I had no urge to have any of the food offerings there. My teenage boys had pizza at Sbarro's and ate it at the table with me and I had no desire to even have it! I am not saying that there are not weak moments, but today I have had none! Don't give up...it will pass! I have to say that I do have the best motivation. There is a guy in my office who is on Atkins and he looks great. He is the one who really sold me on the diet, but my doctor was the one who suggested it. I think I just need to see results because of all the failures I have had on different programs. If you need support, talk to someone or come here and read. It helps me all the time!
Good Luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastWoman
I just started yesterday....and i felt hungry all day long too. I wanted to give up so badly, but my husband convinced me to stick to it for a couple of days to try it out. Well its day 2 and i'm actually not that hungry as i was yesterday. i think it was just the shock to my body. Crossing my fingers this will work for me! Good luck to all of you.