Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 06:37

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%
Default PROTEIN POWER PALS - Monday, January 5

Good morning all!!

Thought I would start the thread

I had a question about vitamins......what are some good brands? I am looking at purchasing glucosamine/chondratin, B complex and a multi. I know the ones at the supermarket aren't the best since they tend to use fillers. Does netrition have any good ones?

Did anyone here watch the Food Network show on the LC WOL? It was very good, gave a lot of good information. I thought they did a
good job presenting LCing in a positive way, not to mention showing some
very yummy dishes!! The Stellas were on there (LC Chefs). They focused on Atkins, and South Beach. Hmm.....maybe my next LC adventure

For more info on the program, go here:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sp/episode/0,1976,FOOD_9994_29410,00.html

Have a good day all!

Robin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 07:45

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Robin!
I taped that show last night, haven't had time to watch it yet.Did anyone see Dateline NBC? They did a diet challenge show. I think you can access a script on their website.

Bawdy, I made your Dobie muffins and used banana extract with the walnuts. OMG, these are good! Just had one as my AM snack.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 10:26

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Only have a second.

Elaine, next time try making them with SF maple syrup as the sweetener, and use maple extract. Be sure to add walnuts. Heavenly.

Robin, good to hear from you. No, I didn't see the show. Good to know that it's becoming a bit more mainstream. On the other hand, I kind of like it when it was our little secret!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 11:54

BF:

Someone else go check out Mattad's post about whether to increase carbs (in this forum). He's 5'10" and weighs 155 (if I remember correctly). He says he's at 8% body fat but wants to get down to 4%.

I asked if his calculations were accurate. That seems awfully low. Can anyone else help him?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 12:03

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey there! good (almost) afternoon!
I do not have much time to write, it is a CHILLY day to day, 6- temps. -NOT WIND CHILLS which is 10-25 below expected for today! Our poor cattle are so cold, they came up really good for the corn today! We had to chop open the water tanks today, but I figure that it is good "wieght lifting since we have to pitch the ice blocks out!

I watched the date line show, the atkins guy was the one that really lost the most although the gal that won was the most inspirational with the marathon that she ran! I do not like how they ALWAYS say that it is a high fat diet, how about low carb, or high protein??? Today has already been a not so good one for me, (it must be the cold weather) I get the nesting thing going and want to eat sweets, well I had sf ones, BUT FRANKENS nontheless!! I guess that I will have to lighten up the rest of the day! I hate it when I do this so early in the day. Can any one else relate???

Elaine, You always have yummy breakfasts, Can I join you??

Robin, good to see you post! (we have missed you and your frog!) I use the atkins basic, but I do usually get it at walmart or ebay!

Bawdy,How are walnuts carb-wise??? Are you getting the cold weather yet??

Well I need to go, Hello to RENEE,ELLIE,WENDY,Hope that your first day back goes well!!,ROB ,CITYGIRL,BlACK,UNITY,And to everyone else!!!!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 12:33
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 280/280/212 Male 6.0
BF:
Progress:

a few questions...what is the difference between a post and a thread? how do I post? or is this a post? I don't totally understand how this site works.

And please, could someone tell me how to post a before photo?

Is there a cutoff time for posting new replies on this board? I posted one late last night with a question or two but I don't see it.

Hope everyone is having a good day today.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 13:02

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%
Talking

Quote:
Did anyone here watch the Food Network show on the LC WOL? It was very good, gave a lot of good information. I thought they did a
good job presenting LCing in a positive way

I did it was very good and I hope they make an ongoing show of it. But why do they feel the need to throw a few people who do not agree? They do not do that with low fat maybe in anouther year.
It is my favorite channel so I will tell you all if they are going to replay it,and I am going to there web site to tell them thank you...
bye all Unity
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 13:08

Quote:
I posted one late last night with a question or two but I don't see it.
[COLOR=Blue]this is a new thread for today that RobinBeBe started,if you go to the thread dated yesterday you will see your posts...I think I am new at this too. Unity
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 13:53

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Ok guys, let's see if I can explain this A thread is a Topic, a Post is a reply within a topic. We have daily PP threads so when you Post in one, it stays in that thread. Sometimes we all get busy and don't go back a read the posts from the end of the day. If this happens please repost your questions, nobody is intending to ignore your questions

Keith - I will let on of the more experienced members help with your picture requests, I still have issues myself. As for your cravings.......since they are so strong I would suggest you ride it out until they subside. If you give in or subsitute a SF alternative the cravings will not go away. I don't have a problem with sugar so maybe someone else might have better advice Hang in there, we are here for you if you need it.

Elaine - Sounds like your off to a good start I am going to make some Dobie muffins tonight as well. I am liking those Atkins Cinnamon Rasin Bagels...a little too much I am also still pretty hooked on the pumpkin bread.

Lissette - At least your treats were SF. Tom seems to be in remission, thanks for asking Keep warm !

I exercised yesterday! I did a very painful 20 minutes on my elliptical machine. I brought my gym clothes today so no excuses. Here is my food so far today:

B1 (6:30 am) 1/2 Atkins Cinn Rasin bagel w/butter, coffee w/h&h
B2 (9:15 am) 6 oz carton ff vanilla yogurt, 1/3 cup fiber one cereal, more coffee
L - 5-6 oz grilled chicken breast, LC bbq sauce, 3 cups salad greens w/almond accents, lite blasamic vinegarette, 44 oz diet pepsi

Have a great LC day
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 15:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Survived my first day back at school. It was good to see the kiddies again and I am surprisingly not tired considering DBF was over until 11 pm last night

Robin-The multivitamin I use is Twinlab Daily One without Iron. I get it from thehealthdepot.com. I LOVE it. It's got a good balance of ingredients.

Lissette-And I thought it was cold here! I've been freaking out thinking about how much fun it's going to be to scrape my car at 8 degrees the next two mornings, but you guys are even worse. Poor thing I can't relate about the SF treats b/c I don't keep them in the house, but I do know what it's like to eat more than I should early on in the day. I am glad to be back at school now b/c it's much easier for me to stick to my plan this way.

Ellie-Your menu sounds yummy. Are you currently trying to maintain or lose? I think you mentioned before that you were going to try to lose a bit more after the holidays.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 15:59

Quote:
[COLOR=Blue]Bawdy, I made your Dobie muffins

can I get the recipe please .And if anyone has good ideas for keeping cost down I would reeeeaalllyy appreciate it

Unity
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 16:04

does anyone know how to get the color thing to work??? and am I a regestered user ? if so how do I get a signature???

Unity
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 16:08

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Wendy - I am trying to lose a few more pounds. Though I don't do scales, my clothes are telling me that I have been too indulgent DH bought me a pair of Guess jeans for x-mas that are too tight. So my new goal is to fit comfortably in those jeans

Unity - If someone else doesn't beat me to it I will post the recipe when I get home from work

Menu update:
Afternoon snacks - Hot & Spicy soy nuts, 1/2 carbwise protein bar....still nursing my 44 oz diet pepsi
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 16:27

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

does anyone know how to get the color thing to work???

Unity, highlight the word or phrase you want to see in color and then click on the drop down menu under color. The reason your words aren't showing in color is that there has to be an end or close tag. You have the [COLOR=] part but not the [/COLOR] tag at the end. That closes the phrase for the system and then your color shows up. If it doesn't come up when you select a color, there is a little "Close All Tags" button.Click that.
Any help???

Robin, I take Country Life Maxine without Iron as a daily (4 caps a day, 2 at bfast, 2 at lunch) and I take either Vitamin Shoppe Glucosamine and Chondroitin or my local health food store's house brand. Twin Lab makes an excellent one but don't buy the one called Joint Support.

Last edited by ewinpa : Mon, Jan-05-04 at 16:32.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 17:29

BF:

I only have a second -- dinner is almost done -- but I wanted to jump in and assure Keith that no one was ignoring him. You didn't see your last post yesterday because it was on page 2 of the thread. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and there should be a "1 of 2" or something there so you can click to get to page 2.

I'll be back later and catch up with everyone.