Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 12:22

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 191/189/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Oh, dear, yes!
Progress: 5%

I always have a bedtime snack, high in protein, to keep my blood sugar up at night. Otherwise, I wake up feeling awful. It might slow you down a bit, but if you're that hungry, it might be better for you to have a mostly protein snack. The hunger subsides within a week, though, so if you can tough it out, do so. Every body is different, so you need to figure out what will keep you healthy. HTH.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 15:08
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

If you need a snack...have it. You will be fine as long as you don't eat more than four times a day.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 19:42

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Linda,

I agree with zulie. If you are really hungry before bedtime, than have that snack. The CALP book says to have 1/2 protein and 1/2 LC veggies for your snack. What I think will happen to you tho, after you are on CAD/CALP for several days and your body comes into balance, you won't really be hungry and won't need that bedtime snack. This is generaly what happens.

Good Luck. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 06:33

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi, I am doing atkins now, but a few years ago I did cad (the older book) loved it lost weight and ate like a pig with the reward meal. Rachael Heller in the first book ate like a pig too basicly in her reward meal which inturn she lost the weight. but if I remember right, have to pull out my copy, she ate only one meal a day in the begining. I can see why they wrote the new book LOL. We have to stress heathy eating . I have the new book as well. I love reading the cad board, and I do see quite a few post from people whom follow the old book I plan to stick with atkins, as much as I like cad I do like drinking my low carb beer, and with cad you can only drink at the reward meal. I am truly a slow drinker and need more then an hour to get acouple beers in. I say go for it, and if you can get your hands on both books, read and go with the one tht suits you.
Cheryl
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 07:30

Plan: Shangri-La Diet
Stats: 316/217.5/154 Female 67"
BF:60/36/24
Progress: 61%

You can have a bedtime snack. Combine a bit of protein with LC veggies.

I lost 100 pounds doing just CALP. I am doing a combination of CALP and WW at this time. My hormones started changing recently, so I actually have gained some weight. I do think as I get older I am more sensitive to salt, MSG, Equal, and certain carbs combinations can really trigger hunger for me.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 10:45

Plan: Superfoods RX
Stats: 270.5/228/170 Female 68.5 inches
BF:TOO MUCH
Progress: 42%
Smile Still Deciding

I have my Atkins book now, and I have CALP. I have read them both, I have tried three days of Atkins induction and while I have lost five pounds, I feel crappy! I never was a big meat eater before and when I read journals where people are eating huge steaks, hamburger patties, etc. I can't imagine it. Right now, I am craving craving craving carbs. I would sell my soul for one piece of plain seven grain toast! I saw a woman eating a danish this morning...and I don't even like danish, I was ready to slam tackle her and wrest it from her !

It seems to me that the recipes in CALP are much more "to my taste". I do realize it too has a Phase ONe, and I think I can do it. I just miss CRUNCH..as in toast. I bought pork rinds this morning to try..>YUCJ YUCKYUCK YUCK YUCK

I have to figure something out. Low fat didn't work for me, high carb didn't work for me, calorie counting didn't work for me. This type of plan seems to work for so many there has to be something to it! Any more advice from CALP'ers?
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 21:42

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Talking

I was first introduced lcing when a friend told me about CAD. I looked up the Oprah show and found out all I could before getting the book. I was one of those who didn't want to wait to start so I just dove in. I lost weight fairly easily and my coworkers thought I was crazy! If a child brought special treats for school I would just take mine home and have it with my reward meal. It sounded insane to them but it worked! I follwed it for about a year or so and kept the weight off. I started getting lazy and tempted and started eating carbs more often...that set off a weight gain and eventually giving up the program. I followed atkins and have lost and gained about 10lbs. I have had trouble with following induction and have never done it more than a few days.

(I also hate how I feel when in ketosis) After trying atkins for so long I decided to give CAD a try again through the holidays and beyond if it was working. So far I feel great and have lost .5lbs. I know that is not much. I mentally am ready to follow this plan the way it should be followed, though my RM are currently carb heavy. It is a plan that can be done for life. I have had to take cough meds etc. and have not worried about it cause that is just part of life. Nice to know that this plan is still working reguardless.

Sorry to be so long winded. This plan was an answer to prayers for me before and I am glad to be back to it! Now for the exercise!!!!!!!!!!!