Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 18:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/122/115 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Oh, you guys have such cute kids! Welcome to the group Atkins05. I love to use coupons, but I get them online so that I only get coupons for stuff that I can use. I don't go to Winn-Dixie, but I may have to one of these days. Tell me next time they have double or triple coupons if you don't mind so I can look into it. No one around here doubles or triples. My husband has been working night shift since I met him, so I am kind of used to it. I will try to get a picture of my 2 on here tomorrow. Sorry it took me so long to check in, I have a terrible migraine today. I hope that you all have a good evening.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 06:42

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

I get coupons online also. Have you checked out Boxtops website. They have some really good coupons. I normally only go to Winn Dixie when they triple coupons, any other time Publix. Ill let you know next time they triple.

The concert was alot of fun. I recognized some of their songs. I believe I was being born when they were in their prime(lol). We stopped at Mickie d's and I got a quarter pounder w/cheese meal. Supersized fry. I felt so bad I had to eat something. It didnt effect my weight however. Looks like I weigh more than everyone in the group!

Went to Bells shopping yesterday and bought a size 10 jeans (Levis).Yae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They fit perfect! Im close to TOM, probably in a week to week and a 1/2. If I can hold on to my stats till after TOM looks like Ill be able to lower my stats.
WE were going to put lights up today but DH is working on his truck. So looks like we will be putting the lights up tomorrow. I will just have to take my daughter skating tonight. I will probably work in the yard some today. WEll I need to go fix breakfast for my kids.
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 07:23

BF:

Good Morning girls!
Hope your day went well yesterday. I now have made it through about 10 boxes in the garage. Its looking better! Dont have alot of time to stay on, we are about to put up Christmas lights. Yae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also am taking my daughter skating at 3. I have a busy day ahead of me! How is everyone? Post when you get the chance. I love hearing from all of you.
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 12:58
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been so scarce. We went to my sisters for the weekend and my oldest ended up getting the flu The trip home was awful...

I'm trying to get caught up here around the house and DH is expected home from his trip soon, so I don't have much online time until tomorrow.

I did great this weekend and TOM is ending. I'm going to weigh tomorrow morning and hopefully I'll have some good news

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 13:00
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

ps. WTG with those new Levis, Renee!!
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 18:33

BF:

Thank You. I seem to fluctuate between 146 and 148 with my weight. Hoping some falls off after TOM! I feel real bloated now.

Thanksgiving is soon! ARe you guys excited? Becki , will you be going out of town? We will be going to my mother inlaws on the west coast of Florida. I have my pecan pie recipe to take with me and make. I got it from this website. It sounds really good. I am disappointed we didnt put our lights up today. My DH is still working on his truck. I did get to put more work into the garage. I also took the kids skating fro 3to6. They had skates to fit my son! I thought that was pretty cool! So when is your DH expected in and how did his hunting trip go?

How are you doing Angie? Havent heard from you in awhile.

Alisha, did your day go well? Write us and let us know how its going? I will talk to you guys tomorrow morning.
Good Night!
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 08:01

BF:

Good Morning Guys,
I usually post earlier in the morning. Ive been getting laundry started. My sons into Sesame Street for now . Got two days to get the house clean and get ready to head out of town. Im going to try and put more work into the garage.

Are you guys Matchbox 20 fans? Im going to their concert December 5. Im so excited . Who are you guys into? Trying to look into getting Hilary Duff tickets for my daughter. Her concert is the 16th and 17th this month. They sold out so fast here!!!! My daughter would be so excited, and I think Im going to surprise her. If I can get them!

Well, gotta get busy. Just wanted to talk to my Buddies before getting started back on the house.
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 08:03
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Morning!

We are headed to my sisters for Thanksgiving. I have my appetizer meatballs to dip in ranch dressing, made and frozen already. I just need to make the pumpkin bars on Wednesday. Could you share your pecan pie recipe Renee? I've been looking for a good LC version.

No plans today, just housework and some homemade ornament wrapping. I made 4 dozen ornaments this year, whew!

I'm down another pound!!!
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 08:06
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

You snuck a post in on me Renee LOL!

Good luck getting all of your cleaning/laundry done!

I have the Matchbox 20 CD from WAY back, do they have any new releases? Lately I've been listening to Venus Hum, Moby Play, Alanis...I like some of the new country too. Can't stand the twangy classic stuff
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 08:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

i like matchbox 20--enjoy! i have 5-10 lbs left and they don't seem to be going anywhere! oh well, i am keeping at it and still working out....it has to happen sometime, right? hope ya'll have a great day!
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 08:42
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hey guys! Check this out, I'm too lazy to re-type it all LOL!!!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=150698
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 08:43
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Welcome to the thread sjkling! Tell us a little about yourself
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 12:38

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:

Hi everybody,
I didn't look at the computer all weekend. Boy, lots of reading for me to do and there are a couple of new members in our group. This weekend was pretty low key. We usually have a babysitter on Saturday nights, but she had a family gathering so we went to church and then had chinese for dinner. I shared moo shu shrimp with my daughter. I had no plum sauce or flat bread. It was good. On Sunday we went to the Holiday Folk Fair. They have lots of ethnic foods, shopping and children ethnic dance to watch. We were sitting on some bleachers and my 3 year old fell down onto the concrete floor. She is a little monkey and always has bruises and bumps on her. Anyway, one of the employees notified the safety people. We had 2 medics and 2 police officers asking us questions. Molly did not have a bump, bruise or cut, but she was crying. One of the police officers told us it was a slow day, we were their first call. Lots of attention for us. SHe was fine, mostly scared. I ended up eating taco meat with lettuce and cheese without the shell from the Mexican booth. My husband loves ethnic food and ate a ton of interesting food. I was good. I like ethinc food also. Actually, our girls had fun too. We bought these passport books for $1.00 each. The girls went to each booth and got a stamp from each country. If this was not available, our girls would have been bored.

Thank you for the prayers. That is very kind.

I'm having Thanksgiving at my house. I gotta buy the turkey today. We are having my husbands folks. We are also a host family for an international family. Thus, we are having a couple from Laos and their two children for dinner. It should be interesting. The father speaks very little English and my father-in-law has alztimers (spelling). Should make for some intersting conversation!!! Ha Please post pecan pie recipe. Sounds yummy.

Gotta go shop and clean house. Oh, the weather very cold. With wind shield, it is zero. Too cold for this time of year. I went and worked out this morning. I lifted weights for 35 minutes and went to spinning for 45 minutes. I wore my shorts to the club. Not too smart. I tell my kids to wear hats, coats and mittens and I wear shorts with my jacket. Shame on me!!!!! Angie
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 13:44
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hiya Angie! Good to see you back!

I hear you about the cold weather!!!! It is BITTER cold out there! I couldn't believe yesterday when I drove home from my sisters it was in the upper 50's and now today it's freezing! It was flurrying early this morning! YIKES!

Sounds like you had a nice time this weekend! (other than your daughter falling, how scary! I'm glad she's OK!) WTG staying on track!

Your Thanksgiving will be interesting I'm sure Can't wait to hear all about it!!
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 14:50

Stats: 185/145/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default 10 lbs to go... holding...once I get there!

I would love to get with this group! I have ten pounds left and am extremely concerened with maintaining my weight once I reach my goal...these last ten punds have been a little harder than I expected. I am feeling really intimidated regarding will power with the holidays coming...major eating is the focal point of the socials I will be attending..."good food" equals "good cheer"... well we know that really aint so! lol...