Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 09:37
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

You are right Renee, I have never heard of a leechee nut, is it similar to any other kind of fruit? Enjoy your beautiful weather today!

Not much planned today, just laundry and housework as usual
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 09:42
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

I just noticed that you are from Florida Alisha! So is Renee. Now we have 2 from Wisconsin and 2 from Florida LOL!
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 14:12

Stats: 135/122/115 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Okay, let's see, a little about me. I am very shy. I hate doing dishes. I have 2 kids, a little girl that is 3 and a boy that is 7 months. I stay home with them instead of working. I live in north Florida, by Lake City. I love reading, listening to music, and playing with my kids. I started LC because of severe depression, but luckily that is doing much better. Now I only have some slight moments, usually in the evenings. My husband is also on Atkins, but for the weight loss. I started fitday last night after reading through this thread. I am dying to put up my Christmas tree and to eat some turkey at Thanksgiving. I am really glad to meet you all and look forward to having someone to help me with this WOE, since I have only been doing it for a short while. Oh yea, and I am 23 years old. I guess that about sums it up. Thanks for all of your kind welcomes!
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 16:56

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

Becki-A leechee nut has a grape like texture around a large seed and has an outer layer you peel off. They are so delicious. It doesnt taste like any other fruit. It has a unique flavor all of its own. My mother in law has a huge leechee tree, and her tree gets loaded with leechees. I hope your day went well! I went through some boxes in the garage, Im hoping I will be able to see it before moving again(LOL).

Angie, hope your feeling better? Write us and let us know how its going!

Hi Alisha, I live in the West Palm Beach area. About 5 hours south of you Im guessing. Ive been home with my son since birth also, but plan to go back to work when hes potty trained. I also am dying for Thanksgiving and Christmas to roll around! We bought our lights a few days ago and plan to put them up this weekend. We are going out of town to visit family for Thanksgiving! I will post pictures of the lights when we get it done. My father in law lives 2 miles from Disney and hes coming down to bring us more decorations that they dont use anymore. I pretty excited about that.
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 05:53

BF:

Hello guys!!
Hope you are all haveing a good morning I am working in the yard today. My daughter has a half day at school so whatever I dont finish before Ill finish after. Maybe Ill work off a couple pounds. My daughter made AB honor roll yesterday(5thgrade) So shes making up her mind if she wants to go bowling or skating this weekend. I prefer skating.

Maybe I will get my bike ride in. We will see, not making promises. Do we all want to set a weigh in day? And we can figure out what kind of exercise to do together each day for a certain amount of time. Becki , since you started up the thread would you like the honor to work out the details?
Well, I will talk with you guys later. Gotta get DD off to school. Im starting to get used to the abbreviations.
Renee
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 10:46

BF:

Hi all. Today is our day to go into town. I always get excited since we only go out once a week. Congratulation on your daughter making the honor roll! I would definitely pick skating, too. I hope you all have a wonderful day. I'll check back later this evening.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 11:11
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hi everyone!

Anyone else watch The Bachelor last night? I'm addicted, I'll admit I was bummed that he didn't pick Kelly Jo, I really thought she complimented him well.

Congrats to your daughter Renee! You must be so proud! We have parent teacher conferences tonight for my older two, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good news Have fun doing yard work

Alisha, good to see you posting! Again, I'm so glad you joined us I too, have a 7 month old boy! He was born April 2. He is in the process of cutting his top 4 teeth... ugh. Have a nice time going into town, anything fun planned while you are there?

Angie, how are you girl? Enjoying the beautiful weather we are having today? It's SO nice to see the sun again! Thinking of you!

Off to get lunch! I'll peek back in later this afternoon!
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 17:24

BF:

Becki, hope your conference went well How was your day? Glad to hear you guys had beautiful weather. We had a cold front (doesnt that sound funny with 70 degree weather)come through last night and dropped the temperatures to the mid to high 70's for the next couple days. Cant wait till it gets cooler. Although it doesnt last very long.

Alisha, glad to hear you went to town. What did you do while you were in town? Do you go once a week because you live far out? We live on the outskirts of West Palm but have our own neighborhood plazas and stores, and such. I love it here, and when we get transferred again we probably will rent our home out until we retire.

I didnt get all the yardwork done, but got a really good start. I also cleaned out the garage some. I probably want get a chance to finish the yard until Saturday. Im hoping I can find an outfit to wear to the Stix concert tomorrow night. We got free tickets .Well I will talk with you guys in the morning. Have a good night!
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 22:22

BF:

Hi all. I just learned a very valuable lesson. I will start copying everything that I post before I hit the reply button from now on. I had a nice long response typed up, but got disconnected while it was submitting. So here I go again. I had a great day today. I hope that you all did too. We went to town to buy groceries. We only go once a week because it is 45 minutes each way to town and also because DH works midnight shift, so we are on different schedules. We went out to eat and got some more LC stuff. I got some free CarbWise bars with coupons. I needed something quick for occasional breakfast since mornings are so hectic for me. DH is just getting home and wants to eat, kids are getting up, both kids get changed, Sarah has cereal, then Alex gets his baby cereal (which takes about 45 minutes). Then Alex gets a bath. Sarah’s is in the evenings. At this point I have been up for 2 hours, and if I haven’t eaten, I am starving. I figure I can grab a bar while I am feeding Alex. Becki, I really think it is cool that you have a 7 month little boy, too. My son was born April 18, but wasn’t due until the end of May. He is just starting to get his first top tooth. He already has 2 on the bottom. I love it when he smiles up at me and flashes those 2 teeth. Renee, I think it is great that you are going to a Stix concert. I hope that you have a wonderful time tomorrow night. Don’t you just love this weather. I am glad that it is getting colder because that means the holidays, which I love, but it also means that I need to go buy some warmer clothes, which I hate. Well, I have one kid in bed, finally, I am going to work on getting the other one down so that I can get some sleep. Good night all!
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 22:29

Stats: 140/123/120 Female 67 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 85%
Talking Make room for me.......Please :-)

Hello all,
Do you have room for 1 more"?"

I would love to join your challenge
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 06:54

BF:

To answer your question from earlier, Becki, I dont watch the bachelor. I never seem to remember times of shows therefore cant keep up with them. If I watch TV its normally Disney during the day or Lifetime. I love Lifetime. So what do you have planned for today? How are your babies?

The weather is very nice. Hope it stays in the 70's. I want hold my breath though. Hows your weather Becki and Angie?

Alisha, that happened to me a few days ago. I had a pretty long letter typed and it didnt go through. I had to type it all over again. I type pretty fast , its just remembering all the info I want to share with you guys.

Im sorry your husband works all night, that must be tough.My DH is in charge of the Toys for Tots warehouse this year so I know he will be working long hours.. I can always expect at this time of year to not see him much. But atleast he will be home at night.

The carbwise chocolate peanut butter is one of my favorite bars. I think my favorite in Russell Stovers miniature chocolate almond. I have 3 coupon books. One coupon book is for grocerys , one for cleaners, medicines, etc., and one is for coupons I get in local books and stuff. Our Winn Dixie just recently started tripling once in awhile. Before that you couldnt find anyone to double or triple. Lots of places triple in the north, huh?

Welcome to the group Atkins 05. You have a very nice picture. What is your name by the way? I couldnt see Beckis before and it was right there.

I will talk with you all later. Need to clean house some. And I have to get ready for the concert tonight! Yae!!!
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 09:20
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Fly by post... have a bunch of things to get done before DH leaves for the weekend, I will be a deer hunter widow

Here is a pic of my youngest, flashing his 2 bottom teeth, in his Halloween costume. (the top 4 are now through the gum, whew!)

#58   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 10:17

BF:

Did this work?
Anyway, if it did these are my children!
Becki, your baby is gorgeous!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg October&November2003 058.jpg (22.9 KB, 6 views)
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 10:34

BF:

My son hiding in the hamper, and another Halloween picture of my daughter.
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 10:38

BF:

Sorry, Im dense!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg October&November2003 002.jpg (19.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg October&November2003 063.jpg (16.1 KB, 3 views)