Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 09:26
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Sounds like you found some great deals Angie, and WTG fitting those 8's!! I'm glad you had a nice time visiting your friend, I know how hard it is to only see your best friend a few times a year. My best friend lives in Indianapolis, we spend the week after Christmas through New Years with her and her family every year.

Where is the budget cinema that you go to? I know their used to be one in Waukesha across the highway from Menards, but I think that is a tech college of some sort now.

Renee, sounds like you are off to a great start today! Are you starting over again with induction or just where you left off? Let me know what you need help with on FitDay, it's a wonderful tool to incorporate into your WOE.

Today so far I've had coffee with cream and a bowl of Butter Pecan Flax Hot Cereal with butter and cream. I just LOVE hot cereal in the fall and winter.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 11:35

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

Becki-
I dont have alot of time on here, my son will be up from his nap soon but, every time I try to find a food on fitday it doesnt make a match(Do you know what I mean?) I cant find the food.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 12:21
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Give me an example of a few things you are trying to enter and I'll see if I can help
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 15:33
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

How was your day guys?

Mine went well. Didn't get as much done as I had planned.. but oh well

Lunch was leftover grilled steak, sliced radishes, hard boiled egg, sour cream, crumbled blue cheese, and bacon bits over spinach. I'm sipping on a cup of hot cocoa (Sipper Sweets brand, YUM!) for snack.

I'm headed to the library with the kids to return some books. Do either of you read? Do you have any good book suggestions?
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 16:34

BF:

Hi Becki and Angie

I really dont know of any books off hand, but I will ask my friend.
She reads all the time, and can finish a book in a few days. Ive been wanting to get into reading again, Just cant find the time. Today was my laundry day and Im almost finished. My husbands on his way home and we will go to BJs. Tonight DEFINITELY** buying our Christmas decorations.

Did okay today with carbs. Just gotta get myself back into that frame of mind, do you know what I mean? I tryed to enter some WASA crackers- today and it doesnt have those listed. There was something else I tried to enter the other day and didnt pull up, cant remember though. Im not real worried about it, I mean Im not going to like stress or anything, I guess Ill figure it out eventually.

This is totally off the subject but maybe you have some ideas with potty training. I havent had to potty train for 8 years. Ive been letting my son go at his own speed. He usually goes atleast once or twice a day. He will be 3 in February. Should I just leave him alone , and he will go more and more each day. Hes been doing it own his own this way for about a year I would say.
When hes fully potty trained, I want to go back to work. I have had the luxury of staying at home with him since birth. I dont want to send him to daycare before hes potty trained. I said I was going to wait until he turned 4 and just put him in preschool to get a headstart on school.
Renee
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 17:04
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

My advice for the potty training.. follow his lead. My 2 oldest didn't train until roughly 3 years old as well and it was a pretty smooth process. My belief is the more you push, the more they push right back LOL!

Some items are not in the food data base on FitDay. You can enter these foods under the *add custom* tab. It will file these items for future use so that you don't have to enter them every time. My custom food data base has gotten quite large
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 22:03
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Another thing I forgot to tell you Renee. Be sure to subtract all of your fiber off of your FitDay carb totals. I didn't do this in the beginning and boy was I missing out!
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 22:30

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:

Hi guys,
Today was a good day. Monday is a long work out day. My youngest is in preschool from 9-11:30 and I exercise at the health club. I lifted weights for 40 minutes and went to a spinning class for 45 minutes. I also talked to some of the regulars for about 20 minutes. Then I picked up Molly from from preschool. I was very sad for a while today. It is a long story, but my dad died 1 1/2 years ago of cancer at a young 62. In April of 2002, I received a letter from a man that was my dad's son which was given up for adoption. He is my 1/2 brother. The story gets weirder. He and his family were in the process of building a home about 2 miles from my house. He has kids and our children now go to school together. I developed a relationship with him and his family. I was very excited about this because I really have no real relationship with my extended family. Well, looks like he is getting a promotion and will be moving out of state. I cried. It is the best for his career and therefore his families financial future. I'm happy for them, but I wish they would stay.

I started using Fitday a couple of weeks ago. It is great.

I'm a reader. However, I'm terrible at names. My favorite book is Memoirs of a Gesha. The Red Tent is also a favorite. Both are historical fiction. I just read a book called A Case for Faith by Lee Strobel. It is a christian book..very good if you have questions about god. Gotta go. Angie
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 06:49

BF:

Good morning girls,
Angie you get a really great work out. I am going to ride my bike today and walk our dog. Im sorry to hear about your dad and brother. Will he be moving far away? May be a good vacation spot and your family can spend family vacations with them. I pray everything works out well.

I think Becki explained it pretty well to me. Im going to start entering the info in fitday today. I also disposed of the Atkins bread.

Becki , thanks for explaining fitday. Believe me, I wouldnt forget fiber. As much as I like to eat, I will find any extra carbs I can. My daughter has a softball game tonight, so I know we will be eating at the neighborhood ale house. I always get either hot wings (theirs are better than hooters in my opinion)or the steak which is also delicious. Im getting ready to make me some eggs.

Well I hope you two have a great day. I probably want be able to write you again until tonight. I have to get everything in the house clean, so I can work in the yard tomorrow. We did buy our decorations last night, and we are going to put them up this weekend, so I wanted to make sure the yard is groomed^lol.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 13:44
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hi Angie and Renee!

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother moving Angie.. that must be rough ((((( hugs ))))) Thank you for the book suggestions! I have read the Red Tent and it is one of my all time favorites. I will search for the other titles you mentioned!

Have fun at the softball game tonight Renee! Did you get your bike ride in?

I spent the morning wrapping gifts. I'm done with the kids' stuff, now to move onto the rest of it... ugh.

Made the tastiest Spinach Pancakes topped with sour cream for lunch! Super easy too, can't beat that!

Hope you guys are enjoying the day!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 20:21

BF:

Just got back from dinner with family. Before that we had our daughters softball game and she won!! They have won every game this season, I think.

I cant believe your already wrapping Christmas presents. You are on the ball, arent you? I have to get busy.

Tomorrow is a work in the yard day. Everytime I work in the yard I lose some pounds. Hopefully that will be the case tomorrow. I know its probably just water weight.
I will talk to you guys tomorrow. Have a good night!
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 21:01
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

I had another good day, but I'm really thinking that I need to start adding some carbs back in... I think next week I'll up them to 25 and see how it goes.

Glad you had a fun time out and that your DD won her game Renee! Have fun doing yardwork tomorrow. Do you garden at all? This year I did 8 tomato plants (4 different varieties), green peppers and yellow summer squash. I'm hoping to expand my garden next year, this year was kind of a test.

How was your day Angie? Thinking of you!

I'm going to go start one of the books I picked up today. Talk to you in the morning!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 23:56

Stats: 135/122/115 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi there. Is it too late to join?
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 05:06

BF:

Hi Alisha and welcome!
Hi Becki and Angie,
I hope your feeling better today Angie! I prayed that everything would be okay! Let us know how your doing.

I do not have veggies in our garden, but my parents always had a garden. Their garden would be tomatoe, peppers, corn, okra, eggplant, squash, beans, etc. I miss that! I said I would never have a garden because my brothers, and I always had to weed in the summer. But when I grew up that changed. I love fresh veggies. MY DH planted 18 (I think) banana trees that are doing well. We also planted 4 or 5 palm trees around the pool. We had several pineapple that our dog tore up! We have a starfruit tree. We did have a leechee nut tree but it didnt make it. YOu probably have never heard of a leechee nut tree! They are a fruit and they are absolutely delicious! Best fruit I ever had! But the yard is looking beautiful and I need to weed everything today! And pick up Sadies messes(lol).Thats our dog.

But now Im thinking Ill wait till tomorrow because today is suppossed to be 84 and a cold front is moving through tonight, and tomorrow is suppossed to be int he mid 70's. So I think that would be a nice temperature for me and my DS to play and work in the yard tomorrow(Him Play, Me Work) Plus, I told my daughter I would eat lunch with her at school today. Well, I will talk to you guys later! Let me know whats going on with yall!!!!
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 09:31
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Welcome to the group Alisha! Tell us a little about you!