Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 20:00
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

OMGoodness Renee! How do you do it on only one meal a day?

I'm doing 20 carbs a day, but not limited to induction foods. I'm such a worry wart about upping my carbs...

Today I had:

Coffee with cream and a 1/4 cup pumpkin warmed up with heavy cream, SF vanilla syrup and pumpkin pie spice.

Romaine topped with roast beef, radishes, colby cheese, a hard boiled egg, bacon bits and blue cheese dressing.

Smoked almonds for snack

Pan fried cod in olive oil and butter with sauteed spinach and garlic.

LeCarb vanilla dessert cup
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 20:02
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

ps. I really need to try that TGIFridays dip you mentioned!!! Sounds delish! I have a box of their buffalo wings in the freezer for lunch next week.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 20:11

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

I ate breakfast and lunch too. Breakfast was an Atkins bagel w/cream cheese.
Lunch was a hot dog(a slice of Atkins bread for bun) and left over rotisserie chicken. I had too many carbs. Tomorrow is a new day and I will do better! The TGI dip is delicious and has 2 grams carbs-2grams fiber=0carbs!! makes it even better. I finished the bagels today and have just a little more bread in the loaf left and then Im going to try and leave the low carb breads alone. I will talk with you guys tomorrow! Im sooo tired! Have a good nigh!!!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 06:19

BF:

Good morning Angie and Becki!
Good Luck on Low carbing today! Im going to take a look at Fitday today to keep track of my carbs. Have you guys checked it out? Maybe Ill buy my Christmas decorations today and my husband was wanting to drive to the Everglades. Put our dog outside this morning and it was a nice cool 69 degrees.
Our weather this week will be in the low 80's. Cant wait for it to be atleast in the 70's. I miss the fall weather, alot!!
Renee
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 06:23

BF:

By the way, do you now where fitday is on this website.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 07:52
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Morning Renee! I've been using FitDay for about three months and I love it. You can find it at www.fitday.com and post the link to your account in your signature.

LOL about your weather Renee, we are getting ready for snow here Enjoy your trip to the Everglades!

I'm off to make my menu for the week and a grocery list, be back soon!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 14:02
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

I'm back from the store, whew! It was crazy there!

Took me longer than expected, I'm glad I grabbed a snack pack of peanuts to put in my pocket, we didn't get back until well after lunch time.

I've been trying to include 2 new foods or recipes into my menu every week to add variety. I was getting to the point where I felt like I was eating the same things over and over... This week I'm trying a sausage and cheese meatball recipe and a fried mozzarella cheese recipe. They both sound great!

We are taking the kids swimming in a bit, so I'm off to get things ready

Hope you are both enjoying your Sunday!
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 17:52

BF:

We are back from a day at the beach/beaches! We walked the strip and pier. We walked the beach. We had dinner at one of the restaurants on the strip. Then we stopped for ice cream, and ate that on the pier. I told my husband the left over Atkins bread goes in the garbage tonight. I have to start my diet tomorrow, Im feeling very guilty. My son is working on the left over pizza now. We had a great family day! Im glad to hear you had a great day also. Hope your dieting went better that mine. Did you enjoy swimming? That reminds me I have to clean my pool tomorrow, I shouldve done that yesterday. I get preoccuppied easily. Talk to you later.
Renee
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 19:35
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Sounds like you enjoyed a beautiful day Renee! It was rainy and dark here all day, not much to enjoy LOL!

I see you started a FitDay account! It makes tracking your carbs so much easier. I really like the pie chart that shows your fat/protein/carb ratio, helps me plan my day.

I did well today, stayed within my carbs again, but had to stay focused. I really had to push myself not to cheat. Just goes to show me what little strays from the WOE does to me long term. It really messes up the way my body functions and all of my cravings and hunger pangs come back full force. (not to mention TOM is right around the corner too... ugh) I'm looking forward to ketosis

DH ended up taking the older 3 swimming and I stayed home with the baby. He wasn't feeling well after he woke up from his afternoon nap. I'm not complaining about staying home though, DH said the water was freezing

How was shopping with your friend today Angie?
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 19:43
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Was a GORGEOUS day at the beach today!!!!! what beach is left. beach erosion is abundant.

everywhere we ate this weekend, every restaurant was gracious with substituting french fries with salad or veggies. Not a problem. This is wonderful news for the Lo Carber.
it makes, staying on my WOE more stronger!
Not to mention, the S.O. is eating the same way! No complaints!
Hope everyone had a great weekend and that you have perhaps, accomplished a mini goal?
^5 everyone!!!!!!!!
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 20:14

BF:

We ate at Bobs Pizza. Most of the restaurants on the strip were Italian. The day ended up being 81 degrees.
Very nice and breezy yet warm. Perfect! I do miss the fall weather that Angie and Becki are getting. Im jealous!
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 22:17

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:

Hi!
Actually, I had a great time. I only see this friend 1-2 times per year. She was my best friend in college and we live about 2 hours away from each other. I miss her. Funny, we graduated from college in 1989 and she looks better now than in college. She was attractive then, but as she ages, she looks prettier and prettier. We went shopping at the outlet mall in Oshkosh and had a three hour lunch. Lots of talking about stuff. With true friends, conversation is so easy, honest and open. We talked about our families, current difficulties and recent joys. Anyway, I purchased kid clothes. The Levi outlet store was going out of business. All kid shirts were $3.00 and kid Levi jeans were 70% off. I tried on a pair of jeans at the polo store and they were a size 8 and fit very well. I was pleased and almost purchased them. However, we just got back from Disney World and with Christmas coming up, our next credit card is going to be scary. Maybe next time I'll buy them!!! On Saturday, my husband and I went to the cheap movie theater and saw Bruce Almighty. Has anyone seen it? I'm usually not a huge Jim Carry fan, but it was very funny. I really liked it and it was only $3.00 a person. That is so cheap. They had a preview for Freaky Friday. I promised to take my daughter and never got a chance to. Now I can take her and it will be inexpensive. I'm excited about that!!! Angie
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 22:23

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:

Becki-

I read your recipe for pumpkin bars. They sound good. Where do you get almond flour? Thanks, Angie
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 05:37

BF:

If I could find a pair of 8's to fit me, I would definitely buy them. Glad to hear you had a good time shopping. Its hard to find good friends, so when you do keep them! We move every three years, and I always make one very good friend where we go.

I miss shopping at outlet malls, I need to find out if theres one around here.

So far so good, for breakfast Ive had ATkins cereal, and countdown milk.
Getting ready to have my two cups of coffee w/heavy cream. I used to think the coffeemate creamer was the best , till I had that stuff in my coffee.

Oh yeah, Becki, maybe you can help me figure out fitday later on today. It looks greek to me, although I havent had alot of time to look at it without the kids around.
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 07:31
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Just flying through quick to answer Angie's question about the almond flour. I have ordered mine off of the internet in the past. I have also found it in the produce section (go figure) at the Pick n Save on Sunset Blvd in Waukesha, OR another alternative is to make it yourself by finely grinding unsalted almonds up in a coffee grinder. HTH!

I'll brb, off to get the kids to school