Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 18:16

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 214/214/190 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfc715
I have the WATP express tape (4 miles). I was suprised at how easy the tape was...somehow I had sore muscles the next day though. I consider that a good thing though since at least I know i'm putting my body to a good workout. I started the tapes before starting the atkins diet (induction started today , and I lost about 8 lbs in 2 weeks on the WATP tape. I guess if you ask me the WATP program is great

Hi Mfc.
I am just starting my WATP. It has been a while for any exercising for me,and I have bad hips,so took it slow to start out. I figure next week,I will add more time to the video until I get the whole thing in at one time.
I'm also 58,so not going gung ho on it or I will end up burning out real fast.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 18:29

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%

Count me in. I love my WATP video. I've been doing it for a month. Alternate between the tape and my gazelle. It's actually fun. I live in Florida and the weather is too hot for me to walk outside, so this is the best thing for me.

I have the 2 and 3 mile videos. I alternate between them, if I do the 2 mile I also use a 2lb weight thru the whole video.

Deana
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 18:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hope I'm not too late to join all of you. When I stopped using the tapes my motivation to stay on Atkins went downhill. We were doing the tapes (l,2,3 miles) as a family. Hopefully this will put us back on track. The weather is getting into the 20's here so they are a great alternative to going outside. Blessings, Maureen
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 04:08

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Gm Everyone ITS going to be a great MONDAY

Welcome Wrap, Deana, Galadriell and want2bfit. It is never to late to join us

Sassy, we are not getting older we are getting Better Now I want you to repete that when you kicking your legs out, and thy feel like they are getting ready to fall off LOL. I can relate about the hip, a few years Back I had a pinched cyadic nerve, That took out my left hip and leg. I never had pain like that in my life. It took over two years, For the pain to total go away. Every now and then I feel that kinda deep in the hip pain. Kinda hard to explain. When it starts I start doing that physical theroype stretches they showed me. NEVER want to go through that again. On a lighter note yea You did 1 mile 15 min.

Sjkling hope you pulled out that Vcr, dusted it off, located them ther Tapes. We are geared here SOOO go for it girl

Maureen, Hey your family has just grown, You now have all of us. We'll be over for dinner Kidding.

Deana I like my tapes too I have the watp for the abs plus the 4 mile express. Have to get re-use to this before I tackle that huff huff

Mfc715, WOW 8 pounds in 2 weeks, Boy I hope I can do even have that good. This is the fist time I have combinded exersise and dieting together, I am one of those lucky people who can build musal quick, sooo the scale will be slow to move down, but I am ready to deal with it, I always feel sooo much better when I exersice

Wrap Im sure you are going to love these. When I first got these, I thought they would be a breeze LOL. They kicked my butt. I did the 1 mile for about a week, then moved to the 2 mile for a few weeks. I did the 3 mile only once, and boy was it something. Then we moved to another house, and soooo after about 3 months off Im starting with the 2 mile.

dmjd2 I was thinking about getting that set next, I have the ab belt with mine, had to tie a bunch of knotes in the bands to give me more resistence for the arms, LOL. Does the stretchie band give you a good work out.

Marjorie I did they same thing, with my 1 mile tape, gave it to my mom, shes 70 somthing (thats bad not knowing how old she is LOL, But she alwys looks the same to me). The doc told her to start walking a mile. but she is not to keen on getting out and walking, her legs arn't to great, sent her the tape and took her to try it, and goooooo slow

Galadriell did the search, and most of the groups I came across seemed to have pettered out, sooooo since I am doing atkins, I thought I would call on all the LC buddies out there to join the fun here. Soooo come on and jump in with us and let have some darn good fun here.

WOW hope I got everyone, not use to scrolling up and down and typing at the same time, as I have to look at the keys when I type LOL. maybe this will inprove my typing skills LOL still a badddd speller

Ok MY turn. Today was my first weigh in and I lost 5 POUNDS YOOOWOOO. wht away to start my day. I put my 2 mile in, and boy did it give me a workout. I swear that woman forgets that you have been kicking for 2 mins (legs felt like they weighed 500 pounds each) before she said lets walk LOL. I did get through the whole 2 miles (diffently made me sweat Not too bad for getting back into the workout(Patting myself on the back )

Now with all that said, You all have a WONDERFUL DAY, drop us a line or 2. Even if you only have time to say I DID IT That truly will make my day even better
Cheryl
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 05:41

BF:
Default Monday

Wow! I'd say we have a good group going here.
I found out some years back that I have a degenerated disc. So,both my hips hurt me all the time,plus arithitis set in too.Usually I take Advil Gel tabs and that helps.Luckily my job I sit and have to get up and move around,so that is good. I sure can't stand long or sit long.
These tapes are so great that you don't know you are even working out.
I'm sure glad to see we have a great gathering here.With all this support we can't go wrong.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 05:42
Registered Member

Stats: 157/147/125 Female 5'3''
BF:28
Progress: 31%

Hi Cheryl,

You're right. I am now hooked to Watp. Wow! I wake up at 5 am kinda have a busy day for a single mom so thats where I squeeze in my workout schedule. Its great! I started with the 2mi watp. I am now inclined to get that 3mi watp. Hehe. I have had hip problems as well. I can relate to that hip pinching pains. It's nasty but we're strong and we thankfully recover.

I'll see you again tomorrow for another good watp walk.

-Wrap
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 07:25

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Good morning friends,

You can buy stretchy bands at Walmart. They come in a pack of 3 and are 3 different thicknesses for different tensions. Hope that made sense. My 2 angels are home from school today and tomorrow so we will be doing our walking after they wake up. Have a great day and will check back later. Blessings, Maureen
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 08:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

well, just wanted to check in and let everyone know that i did it! i got up early and went to make coffee and read the paper and i remembered! i knew i would have to check in, so i found the tape and went upstairs and did one mile! so, the journey has begun! i think i could have done more, but i am also getting back into the curves routine tonight, so i thought i might take it easy on myself! glad you guys inspired me
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 02:52

BF:

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday

Got that 2 mile down, Felt good. Was only going to do it 3 days a week, But wht the hay. Have alot to do today, wanted to get this in, and let you all know.....I DID IT........LOL

Have a great Day

Cheryl
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 05:56
Registered Member

nice work cheryl!

Day 2 here. Its all good. A little hungry so off to invade that fridge.
Remember it's just 30 min and worth 2mi! You can all do it.

See you all tomorrow again.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 06:09

BF:
Default Tuesday

Well,didn't get to do my walking lastnight. My mom is in the hospital with a broken hip so,I go up there each night after work. By the time I get home,it is so late I am bushed.
Myjob entails alot of walking and going up and down stairs so I take all that a little faster,hoping this will help.
I guess once she gets home,I will feel more like working out when I come straight home from work.
Sounds like everyone else is doing good .
I can't wait until this weekend when I can get to Walmart and check out their low carb products
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 06:23
Registered Member

ugh i went to a walmart here in illinois yesterday. i was quite disappointed not seeing a single lc item. i was trying to find the lc milk in there for my daughter but i did not find it.

instead, i walked out dismayed with all the sugar laden items they have. no lc! i should protest in front of that walmart branch and people will prolly think am a lunatic!

i hope your mom has a speedy recovery as well.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 06:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrap
ugh i went to a walmart here in illinois yesterday. i was quite disappointed not seeing a single lc item. i was trying to find the lc milk in there for my daughter but i did not find it.

instead, i walked out dismayed with all the sugar laden items they have. no lc! i should protest in front of that walmart branch and people will prolly think am a lunatic!

i hope your mom has a speedy recovery as well.

Did you go to a Walmart super store? I think that is where you may find stuff.
hmm maybe you could go to their website and write a compaint letter
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 06:45

BF:

hey Wrap just noticed your From IL. also and jackie is from St louis, WOW.

jackie, sorry to hear about your mom, hope she fills better, soon the hospitals are pretty good over there. You just keep posting, don't worry about working out, Take care of yourself and start when your ready. We an't going no where.

Wrap, will check out my Wal mart prop. tomorrow. Its must likely crapy too LOL
need to buy a new food prosseser. I pretty sure my daughter threw out my blade when I moved. Its so old anyway, Smells like its getting ready to burn up everytime I use the darn thing. So now I have a good reason to get a new one. I am sorta an appliance nut.

Jackie we have a Walmart wana be super store, Only the freezers in my wal mart, Need to get over to st. louis, but I don't drive as much. Went to Bapist Hospital last week, (my husband got his hand caught in machine a few weeks ago, so he is seeing a plastic surgin there. GOD the traffic scared the holy you know wht out of me. LOL.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 10:26
Registered Member

The walmart I went to was the one at Northlake, IL . You're right and its not a Walmart Superstore. The Superstore closest to me is 41 miles. LOL. But I went to the Jewel Store thats a few blocks away from me and they have a heaven of LC items except for that lc milk I was looking for.

Last edited by Wrap : Tue, Nov-11-03 at 10:40.